• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Tall4Life

I mean, all Jotaro would need is some armor or at least something protective and he would have been fine. Josuke deflected one of the shots with a frying pan, remember.

I mean, all Jotaro would need is some armor or at least something protective and he would have been fine. Josuke deflected one of the shots with a frying pan, remember.
When has a Jojo ever worn armor into battle? Jotaro tanked getting impaled or at least stabbed in part 3 if I'm not mistaken.

Madao

i've read that rats are already smarter than dogs and cats irl.
if they got a boost when they got their Stand, they're pretty high in the chain.

also, DIO lost because he was too arrogant and was drowning in power. he had many chances to kill Jotaro (remember the attack rush in the street? DIO even said he just wanted to test Jotaro and didn't stop time on purpose. after that, this little time was enough for Jotaro to figure out his own stand's extra abilities)
the rat didn't have any of this so it was just encounter and kill.

Squishy3

When has a Jojo ever worn armor into battle? Jotaro tanked getting impaled or at least stabbed in part 3 if I'm not mistaken.
He stuffed his jacket with magazines to absorb the knives he didn't deflect in the fight with Dio.

His hat-hair also made Dio miss because he couldn't accurately gauge where his scalp was.

Thud

the second one is sure smarter than the entire part 3 cast. I meant it took Kakyoin life in order to figure out about time stop ability and yet this damn rat figured it out in seconds lol.

He didn't. Jotaro's timestop isn't impressive.

Dio could do so many things during time stop, that's why everyone was confused. Besides even without its abilities, Dio and The World were strongest at that time. Well except Cream perhaps.

Cni5ZGSXgAAPErK.jpg

Rat>Dio confirmed

The rat didn't decide to fuck around, DIO did.

RAT > DIO even more confirmed

Hypron

To be honest, Jotaro took risks like that and acted as live bait because Josuke could fix him up anytime. If they weren't together he would have had to come with another plan.

This doesn't mean the rat is stronger than DIO lol.

Thud

Dio could heal itself after his stand melts. However the rat has the advantage that it can fight anytime.

Physical body is still a rat. With time stop Dio would have closed the distance and barbecued it with mudamudas.

Jotaro was acting as bait for the rat. Dio would have gone for the kill. Different mentality change how stands are used. It's a poor match up for Jotaro. The fight with Dio brought out the best of him.

vanty

He didn't. Jotaro's timestop isn't impressive.

Dio could do so many things during time stop, that's why everyone was confused. Besides even without its abilities, Dio and The World were strongest at that time. Well except Cream perhaps.
Didn't Jotaro's time stop ability go from being discovered to becoming superior to Dio's in the course of their fight? From what I remember Dio went from like "wow this kid can move a bit" to "oh shit he can still time freeze stuff after my 10 seconds is over and now I'm dead". Obviously in the 10 years since he hasn't been fighting so it's gotten weak like Joseph's hamon powers did between part 2 and 3.

ampere

True story: that rat is where the term "rat bastard" comes from

lol

Didn't Jotaro's time stop ability go from being discovered to becoming superior to Dio's in the course of their fight? From what I remember Dio went from like "wow this kid can move a bit" to "oh shit he can still time freeze stuff after my 10 seconds is over and now I'm dead". Obviously in the 10 years since he hasn't been fighting so it's gotten weak like Joseph's hamon powers did between part 2 and 3.

Nah he just was able to see the whole time so he'd strategically stop time at the end of Dio's stop.

Squishy3

True story: that rat is where the term "rat bastard" comes from

lol

Nah he just was able to see the whole time so he'd strategically stop time at the end of Dio's stop.
Yup. He could never freeze time for more than a second or two, so during the steam roller bit Jotaro ORAORAS it enough to destroy it and slip out (Remember, technically the rushes we're seeing take place in an extremely short amount of time, since the punch-ghost stands like SP and The World are super fast) and he stops time right as Dio is no longer able to move.

Thud

Jotaro got stronger and serious during that fight. However he couldn't use timestop longer than Dio. He used timestop during Dio's time. Jotaro outsmarted Dio and literally broke him.

Obviously Jotaro has gotten weaker and Josuke is getting stronger. Stands in part 4 are either lethal or just silly. Heaven's Door would have rendered Dio useless if he looked. The Hand would send half of him to the abyss. Echoes.. would be more annoying than anything else right now. Crazy Diamond in range would outdora his muda.

While context matters the general rule of thumb is that the previous part is nerfed. That doesn't mean Jotaro is useless now, but he is outclassed by Josuke's raw power. He provides great support and background information. Jotaro is more useful than Joseph in part 3, while Joseph could hold his own fine. He still has tricks up his old sleeve.

fertygo

No, Jotaro is still the most powerful stand user in the world.. but yeah main character syndrome and all that

but still in that fight Jotaro has decided the best role for him was act as bait, he almost dead is nothing if he can healed by Josuke in second, so its can be different if its in another context.

Jotaro got stronger and serious during that fight. However he couldn't use timestop longer than Dio. He used timestop during Dio's time. Jotaro outsmarted Dio and literally broke him.

Obviously Jotaro has gotten weaker and Josuke is getting stronger. Stands in part 4 are either lethal or just silly. Heaven's Door would have rendered Dio useless if he looked. The Hand would send half of him to the abyss. Echoes.. would be more annoying than anything else right now. Crazy Diamond in range would outdora his muda.

While context matters the general rule of thumb is that the previous part is nerfed. That doesn't mean Jotaro is useless now, but he is outclassed by Josuke's raw power. He provides great support and background information. Jotaro is more useful than Joseph in part 3, while Joseph could hold his own fine. He still has tricks up his old sleeve.
"Dio, shut the fuck up." *Echoes throws the katakana for "shut the fuck up" at Dio.* Dio never talks again...and just punches a hole through Koichi... Do you need to be able to talk to draw out your stand? Though I suppose Dio could just punch through Koichi with just his vampire strength.

Good things we're talking about Part 3 because I'm gonna post some volume covers from it.

So we'll start with Jotaro posing like it's nobody's business

Q0uqG0e.jpg

We've still got the sparkles and jewelry. Star Platinum getting in on that pose action. Lots of yellow. Remember, before his slick white outfit, the SDC anime had Jotaro's school uniform as mostly black. It was blue back in the old Capcom fighting game.

gyflXeV.jpg

And here we go with THE iconic Jotaro pose, the finger point. Clint Eastwood met Araki and did the finger point. Jotaro = finger point. And as we see, Jotaro is much more green for this cover.

qyCO116.jpg

Whoa there Jotaro, you look like a model, not bad. And now, we're getting some brown with some dark purple and blue for the outfit, but we wouldn't want to have his outfit take away from his beautiful face.

aMk35KR.jpg

I think everyone can tell what this volume entails, the poker chips and cards make it obvious. A less flashy cover, but Jotaro's rocking the blue outfit, with a light green shirt. Not bad.

sH9ChpA.jpg

Hey, everyone is joining in! Including a very surprised Iggy and another blue Jotaro (finger point included). Notice Kakyoin feeling a bit silver for this one. Joseph and Polnareff also very shocked.

Y1fskxj.jpg

Now I quite like this one. We've got serious Jotaro rocking some nice shades of pink, with a interesting blue shirt. But we have the flags behind him, fitting the very long journey of SDC, along with the diversity of the cast.

Now, SDC and on is harder for a post like this, since each Part has like 3x the volumes as Phantom Blood. I chose the ones I like the most out of SDC's, your mileage may vary.

I'll probably do a DiU post further down the road (since some of the best ones are spoilery). I hope you enjoyed my volume cover posts, I worked very hard on them (
not really but kinda
)

Astral

Good things we're talking about Part 3 because I'm gonna post some volume covers from it.

Q0uqG0e.jpg

We've still got the sparkles and jewelry. Star Platinum getting in on that pose action. Lots of yellow. Remember, before his slick white outfit, the SDC anime had Jotaro's school uniform as mostly black. It was blue back in the old Capcom fighting game.

gyflXeV.jpg

And here we go with THE iconic Jotaro pose, the finger point. Clint Eastwood met Araki and did the finger point. Jotaro = finger point. And as we see, Jotaro is much more green for this cover.

qyCO116.jpg

Whoa there Jotaro, you look like a model, not bad. And now, we're getting some brown with some dark purple and blue for the outfit, but we wouldn't want to have his outfit take away from his beautiful face.

aMk35KR.jpg

I think everyone can tell what this volume entails, the poker chips and cards make it obvious. A less flashy cover, but Jotaro's rocking the blue outfit, with a light green shirt. Not bad.

sH9ChpA.jpg

Hey, everyone is joining in! Including a very surprised Iggy and another blue Jotaro (finger point included). Notice Kakyoin feeling a bit silver for this one. Joseph and Polnareff also very shocked.

Y1fskxj.jpg

Now I quite like this one. We've got serious Jotaro rocking some nice shades of pink, with a interesting blue shirt. But we have the flags behind him, fitting the very long journey of SDC, along with the diversity of the cast.

Now, SDC and on is harder for a post like this, since each Part has like 3x the volumes as Phantom Blood. I chose the ones I like the most out of SDC's, your mileage may vary.

I'll probably do a DiU post further down the road (since some of the best ones are spoilery). I hope you enjoyed my volume cover posts, I worked very hard on them (
not really but kinda
)

This is why getting to a new volume while reading the manga was so exciting. Thank you.

Mortemis

Banned
"Dio, shut the fuck up." *Echoes throws the katakana for "shut the fuck up" at Dio.* Dio never talks again...and just punches a hole through Koichi... Do you need to be able to talk to draw out your stand? Though I suppose Dio could just punch through Koichi with just his vampire strength.

*Echoes throws katakana for "stop posing".* Dio is rendered completely useless without his great poses powering him. Echoes then throws katakana for sunlight and kills Dio.

That should work. lol

*Echoes throws katakana for "stop posing".* Dio is rendered completely useless without his great poses powering him. Echoes then throws katakana for sunlight and kills Dio.

That should work. lol
*Echoes throws katakana for SUNRIGHTU YERRO OVURUDRIVUUU and melts Dio*

In new fighting game, Koichi/Echoes Act 2 uses DORARARARA as an effect in his team attack with Josuke

Say what you will about the gameplay, but the special attacks in All Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven are fucking on point.

The Dio x DIO dual special is fucking amazing.

ampere

"I can't believe you found a tailor in Pakistan who could replace your Japanese school uniform!"

I loved that line. Self-aware enough about the ridiculousness of the outfits and the damage they take in fights

Thud

Say what you will about the gameplay, but the special attacks in All Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven are fucking on point.

The Dio x DIO dual special is fucking amazing.

Only reason why it's on my wishlist. Pure fan service. Developers are definitely shipping characters in their spare time.

cntr

Banned
i dunno

also: In ASB/EoH they have a thing called Rush Mode when two punch rush attacks hit each other, you mash buttons to ORA the other person harder

VariantX

Nope. He timer scammed the fuck out of DIO. Literally waited until moment that DIO's time stop wore off and overlapped the end of his with his own time stop. It was a hilariously simple tactic that worked.

Top Bottom