• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Rohan's just airing out all of this woman's personal history, he's got no dignity. So what did this cute girl look like in the manga? David Pro seems to be pretty good at translating how Araki draws women into actual attractive females. How the fuck does Heaven's Door work on a fucking ghost?

Episode 17

Kira's here! My god! Kira's here. I can't wait to see more of our friendly neighbourhood David Bowie in action. As for the rest of the episode, it was great. I love how Koichi was flying through the air as Rohan was running away from Reimi.

But enough of that, Kira's here. Kira. Is. Here.
And his leitmotif sounds a bit like the opening notes of a certain song.

Rohan's just airing out all of this woman's personal history, he's got no dignity. So what did this cute girl look like in the manga? David Pro seems to be pretty good at translating how Araki draws women into actual attractive females. How the fuck does Heaven's Door work on a fucking ghost?

She's pretty accurate

Reimisugimoto.jpg

Stands are sort of spiritual in nature and she is a spirit

The real Diamond is Unbreakable starts now!

What we saw this episode was my favorite part of the comic and is probably going to be my favourite episode of the anime as well. The ghost path and introduction of Kira is just too good.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It's the opposite problem really. He starts off drawing muscular guys and struggling to draw girls. But years later everyone looks like fabulous girls, including the guys. Especially the guys.

ScribbleD

As a non-manga reader, this episode was pretty boring. I appreciate taking some time to setup the main upcoming arc and establish the villain, and I also dig them doing an episode that wasn't just an encounter with an enemy stand user, but I wasn't feeling it. First episode of part 4 that hasn't really done anything for me.

This, by the way, is the cover to one of the chapters this episode is made from:
Ok...at least with this pic she doesn't look like Paptimus Scirrocco with the head band over her forehead. Araki gives his characters some interesting style flares and poses, I like the body lines.
It's the opposite problem really. He starts off drawing muscular guys and struggling to draw girls. But years later everyone looks like fabulous girls, including the guys. Especially the guys.
From what I've seen of Josuke and the Part 5 pasta haired dude he definitely dialed up the fabulous female quotient on the guys. How much more does he dial it up now?
Remember way back in Part 3, where Avdol and Joseph tell Jotaro that stands are psychic powers?

That wasn't a metaphor.
I had no idea psychic powers were also spiritual, but it makes sense since psychic powers seem to be able to effect anything, also explains why some of these stands get to be broken as fuck, but are limited by the stand wielder. Kira's probably highly efficient with his stand. Still can't believe Bateman has a stand.

Another oddity from the Rohan one shots: During one of them he uses Heaven's Door in a flashback to his teenage years.

I guess Araki forgot that he gained his Stand from the Arrow and wasn't born with it/developed it naturally.

Thud

Another oddity from the Rohan one shots: During one of them he uses Heaven's Door in a flashback to his teenage years.

I guess Araki forgot that he gained his Stand from the Arrow and wasn't born with it/developed it naturally.

Rohan made a manga so real it was a flashback.

zoku88

Reimi was great.

The ending was also great.

It comes from an old 80s horror story that later turned into an urban legend, called Bedtime for Sam (you can find elements of the story in older works, though). Araki probably heard the urban legend version after it was popularized.

Isn't it more likely that the don't run around thing comes from Japanese mythology (izanami and inazagi)?

Can't wait til anime viewers get the full experience(s) of "Araki forgot"

As a non-manga reader, this episode was pretty boring. I appreciate taking some time to setup the main upcoming arc and establish the villain, and I also dig them doing an episode that wasn't just an encounter with an enemy stand user, but I wasn't feeling it. First episode of part 4 that hasn't really done anything for me.

I loved the set up actually. Probably because I read the manga and was excited to finally see kira lol

Has Koichi being grabbed by the arms been put up on sakugabooru yet? Because that was a really nice looking cut.

Also it's interesting to point out that Reimi says the hands will grab your soul and you'll die, and the hands rip Echoes right out of him. It's really cool, since the only thing that can hurt Stands are other Stands, but because of them essentially being a part of the User's soul, it's not surprising they would be a target for something like that.

Mista Koo

Anyways, I felt the pacing was a bit too fast for my taste, but I loved the ending reveal. One thing I will say is that, had the anime not teased the living shit out of Kira, the reveal wouldn't have come across as predictable and obvious. Kira comes completely out of left field in the manga, and I really loved the nature of how an everyman could easily become your neighbourhood mass murderer.
We weren't talking about the hand thing. We were talking about the "You never know when X might happen" and of course it happens immediately after.
As for the hand thing I would've just jump cut to the hand without all the teasing in this episode.

Tizoc

Please cut down on any Part 4 stuff that DID NOT OCCUR IN THIS EPISODE OR THE ONES BEFORE IT.
You can discuss this matter more in the JoJo Communtiy thread

This is gonna be an amazing ride.

That image
spoils Kira's Stand
so please edit it out and post it in the JoJo community thread please.
You can post it again after a month otherwise.

cntr

Banned
you know you can talk about future artstyle changes without doing it right below the post that goes "don't talk about future stuff in this thread"

Top Bottom