• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
You dont skip Phantom Blood like you dont skip the first chapter of a book.

All JoJo stories play an important part don't skip any.

Don't tell people to skip JoJo parts, what the hell. Even the worst part (Phantom Blood) is short as hell and has a lot of charm.

Watch and read all the JoJos.
Phantom Blood isn't even that bad. Jonathan is boring but the show is still entertaining. Must watch solely for Dio Brando douchebaggery.

You dont skip Phantom Blood like you dont skip the first chapter of a book.

All JoJo stories play an important part don't skip any.
Meh, the masks get explained in part two as well and nothing else is really that important to know from part 1. Getting to know what Dio's like is kinda important but I wouldn't call it crucial info.

Magwik

Banned
Meh, the masks get explained in part two as well and nothing else is really that important to know from part 1. Getting to know what Dio's like is kinda important but I wouldn't call it crucial info.
Knowing of DIO and more about him and his actions is extremely important because he does absolutely nothing for 4/5 of Part 3. They don't ever try to really establish his character, the show just assumes you have seen Part 1 already.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Par 1 is like 13 episodes, part 3 is like 50. There's little pupose in telling him to skip a short and one of th more important arcs of the story that gives context to entire thing and then telling him to watch 50 episode+ stand of the wek series of which understanding the plot is dirctly related to having seen the first part. It makes no sense what so ever.

Josuke's stand is weird as fuck

oBjSNDU.gif

Siegcram

In the TV adaptation, yes, but in the original comic, they only got stats from Part 5 on.
I think technically they appeared in the artbooks first, but you're right of course.

I'm just trying to take this "anime only" thing more seriously this time around.

BHK3

Banned
so why is Jotaro investigating any of this in the first place? He says he came to tell josuke of his inheritance

Why does the little dudes voice change during the voice over a few times?

Will these get explained later on? Please answer yes or no only. The part 3 thread was a mess in terms of spoilers

so why is Jotaro investigating any of this in the first place? He says he came to tell josuke of his inheritance

Why does the little dudes voice change during the voice over a few times?

Will these get explained later on? Please answer yes or no only. The part 3 thread was a mess in terms of spoilers
Maybe

Squishy3

Joseph got a Stand user photograph when trying to get a picture of Josuke using Hermit Purple.

Said Stand user is Japan's worst criminal. He also said finding Josuke wasn't the only reason why he was there.

TheOGB

Banned
I've really come around on this part's style. It looks clean, yet wonderfully bizarre, in a way that gels well with the sentiment that this town is hiding some really weird, wild shit. I barely know anything about Part 4 so I have no clue what the cold open was about, but it gave me excited goosebumps all the same.
When I realized that they'd only showed that right hand the whole time I was like YOOOOOOOOOOO

Josuke is quite the card. In some ways I can see where he takes after his old man, though clearly the apple didn't fall too far from his mother's tree, either. I can already tell his stand is gonna be fucking hype, with an extra helping of weird. Punching through that lady to get the possessed guy had me shook, then restoring her and leaving the knife in dude had me LEGIT SHOOK. It was awesome, lol.

Koichi's alright, seems harmless enough. But now that he's involved in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I'm sure that'll change. At least he'll probably be more present than Joseph's friend Smokey, lol. Jotaro looks good in his new threads, and he brought his awesome theme with him so I'll forgive him for being a bit rusty with the Stand powers. I look forward to seeing how the rest of the cast develops.

I think I'm really going to enjoy Diamond Is Unbreakable (why is that subtitle not in the thread title btw). I like that the direction for it seems to be "weird, creepy, sinister shit is afoot", because when it comes to Jojo's, "weird creepy and sinister" marry 「FABULOUSNESS」 to make some dame fine entertainment.

Holy fuck Johnny
4tCIK.gif

It actually makes a lot of sense for Jotaro, though. People just think of him as having some kind of bad ass personality because he's an enormous beefcake, but really he just seems like an introvert shut-in. It makes a lot of sense that someone like him would pursue a career in academia.

Even in Part 4 where he's in his late twenties, he gets immediately flustered when a bunch of strangers show up and can't deal with the situation in a normal way at all. "Josuke, get rid of them." "I hate it when girls make a fuss! Scram!"

And Part 3 is a goldmine for that stuff. At 17 years old, he doesn't really seem to have any good friends and Kakyoin immediately becomes like his bestie. And later, when Rubber Soul impersonates Kakyoin, Jotaro isn't immediately suspicious when his friend starts suplexing pickpockets and eating bugs, but notices right away when he does the cherry trick incorrectly. Jotaro also does one-liners about leaving receipts like he's an accountant played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I'd be very surprised if Araki didn't base Jotaro at least partially on a real person who's on the autism spectrum, because a ton of that shit is on point.
...huh.

Tizoc

Hi tuys is t friday yet?
I need my animated duwang
Edit: hah based on the manga the first 5 minutes of ep. 2 are def gonna be something xp

jgminto

"How do we get Jotaro to not be a boring stick in the mud? Let's just throw Joseph under the bus!"
Jotaro has a bunch of great moments in SC. The main difference is that he is surrounded by a cast of equally likeable characters unlike Battle Tendency.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What I like about Crazy Diamond that it shows you can have weird-ass powers without sacrificing strength and speed

Nottle

Jotaro has a bunch of great moments in SC. The main difference is that he is surrounded by a cast of equally likeable characters unlike Battle Tendency.
Jotaro is a pretty static character, he sticks to who he is through the whole story never wavering or becoming something else. He is determined, fearless, smart and reliable despite his attitude problems. Really the whole SC cast is pretty static with the exception of Polnareff and Iggy who do sort of grow as time goes on. Jotaro is a bit humorless, but I find how overly competent he is sort of hilarious. I don't understand some of the hate for Jotaro.

Also it should be addressed SC was the first part to let the side characters actually win fights that have stakes. Every member gets a few awesome moments.

Yeah I honestly don't care about what the subs say, everyone knows the real names, the subs are just for them to not get sued.

I mean nobody is calling that guy Cool Ice either.

Top Bottom