• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Nottle

Been rewatching Stardust Crusaders with some friends. During the opening I noticed an extra shooting star heading off on the ride side of the screen near the start of the opening. What's this a reference to? I can't think of what it would be.
I would recommend watching this guys what's in an OP series. He did 2 videos covering the first 4 OP's of Jojo and they nail nearly everything.

That star is supposed to be Iggy. It's off to the side because it's arriving very late where the first 5 stars are Jotaro, then Joseph and Avdol, then finally Polnareff and Kakyoin arriving slightly later. Of course the analysis spoils that part but you said you are rewatching it so it's cool for you.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ox5wWOgYTzs

icy_eagle

Part 4 has been nothing short of amazing in having good art/animation consistently. Sure there's been less than stellar moments here and there but that's inevitable really. Such a big jump from former parts as well.

Matsukaze

I can't wait for the next episode of Ed, Edd, and Eddy.
I forget if this was ever posted in this thread.

0b0.jpg

silva1991

Got around watching episode 17 last night and thought it was boring and uninteresting until the very end

hope this has something to move the plot.

Got around watching episode 17 last night and thought it was boring and uninteresting until the very end

hope this has something to move the plot.

The plot of DiU is "the town of Morioh is a fucked up place full of weird people and Stands", so every single episode has to do with the plot.

Astral

I don't know how you can find Reimi's story uninteresting lol. Some dude murdered her parents, murdered her dog and hung him on the wall, hid under her bed, and licked her hand before killing her, but not before telling her how much he enjoyed her hand. Said creepy-ass dude is still in Morioh and is still killing people while seemingly living a normal life. This already has more plot than "Your mom is sick. Go kill the vampire making her sick. We'll have to fight random guys on the way."

So, I shouldn't be expecting a main villain this season?

Oh, if anything you've already got a main villain. He just hasn't done anything that warrants the attention of stand users yet, as Josuke put it.

They wouldn't make a whole episode about a ghost pleading to dudes to capture a serial killer and just leave that plot thread hanging right then and there though.

Astral

I have a friend who said the same thing. I just don't get it. I thought it was incredible. I'm a manga reader though, maybe that's something to do with it.

Yeah I'm wondering if that's it. Maybe already knowing all about Kira made that scene all the better.

Yonafunu

Yeah I'm wondering if that's it. Maybe already knowing all about Kira made that scene all the better.

That's exactly what it is. If you're not already looking forward to it it's not a particularly exciting episode. It's a bit slow and there's not a lot happening, it's just Rohan and Koichi talking to a ghost. Even the ending, as cool as it is for manga-readers, is pretty meaningless if you don't already know the character.

I get why anime-only viewers would be lukewarm on it.

That's exactly what it is. If you're not already looking forward to it it's not a particularly exciting episode. It's a bit slow and there's not a lot happening, it's just Rohan and Koichi talking to a ghost. Even the ending, as cool as it is for manga-readers, is pretty meaningless if you don't already know the character.

Honestly, I'm surprised the reaction to DiU anime so far has been OVERWHELMINGLY positive. In reading the manga, I thought DiU had a slow first third akin to pre-Egypt SC. Must be the spaghetti episode

Astral

Yeah I guess you're right. He licked her hand though. Dio didn't lick no hand.

silva1991

Oh, if anything you've already got a main villain. He just hasn't done anything that warrants the attention of stand users yet, as Josuke put it.

They wouldn't make a whole episode about a ghost pleading to dudes to capture a serial killer and just leave that plot thread hanging right then and there though.

Kira is the main villain.

The plot is still "Morioh is a fucked up place full of weird people and stands".

Kira is the main villain of Part 4.

The dude who appeared at the last moments of the last episode?

His scene with that arm was creepy as hell. next episodes should be fun.

Squishy3

i tabbed back in after doing a dungeon in ffxiv and it's a good thing i did a double take and realized i was in the anime thread

anyway we should probably stop hyping kira up and let people judge him on their own merits as he appears in future episodes instead of building expectations for him

Yes please, everyone should kindly consider ceasing Kira discussion beyond his appearance in the most recent episode. Some of the best moments of part 4 when I first read it haven't happened in the anime yet, and I think it's for the best we don't even allude to them with memes and other shenanigans.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This is prolly my least favorite stand battle in part 4 but somehow David Pro made it entertaining. I'm guessing the fight won't last the whole episode next week since they covered a lot of ground this week.

Voice actors really did a great job.

D-Man

GUREATO episode today. I know people don't like Shigechi or this arc, but I think it's a fun little piece. Really glad Shigechi kept his voice from the games and the three boys had some fantastic voice work.

Tizoc

Why is real life so cruel?
Who wouldn't want Harvest as their Stand? Making $500 a week by gathering loose change that people neglect or dropped.
Living life like a king.

Matsukaze

GUREATO episode today. I know people don't like Shigechi or this arc, but I think it's a fun little piece. Really glad Shigechi kept his voice from the games and the three boys had some fantastic voice work.
I agree. This episode is great for developing Josuke's and Okuyasu's scummier sides, and Harvest is one of those Stands that actually has a use in everyday life.

As an aside to the non-readers who may be worried that our major antagonist did not appear this episode after showing up last week - rest assured you'll be seeing more of him soon.

PK Gaming

Diamond is Unbreakable 18

This episode was hysterical. Really loved the comedic chemistry between Josuke and Okuyasa, and Shigechi was as awful as I remembered him to be. I love how Josuke (in spite of being a well adjusted and heroic person) is also this incredibly vain teenager who's obsessed with his appearance.

Betty

Banned
Good episode and it's fun to actually find out what those things are since they're in every loading screen of Eyes of Heaven.

Just wished it could continue to part 2 now.

Top Bottom