• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Ascheroth

I feel like the rules the behind that Cinderella stand were kinda wishy washy.
You know, with the whole promises, magic lipstick and face melting.

Eh, that's just what she said.
For all we know the rules behind her stand could simply just be body adjustments + love luck and the specific requirements like the lipstick are up to her.

Astral

Koichi obviously just likes strong women that don't take shit from anybody. Besides he's beaten her once before. He knows he can beat that ass again.

Tizoc

S9wbfwL.jpg
Manga ver. of Koichi talking with the duo at school.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This week's episode was OK. Never really enjoyed it much in the manga, but it's important to the story so I think the change in episode has worked in its favor.

Betty

Banned
Fun episode and it was good to see Yukako being a little more reasonable when things don't go the way she wants.

This part did make me kinda want a whole highschool anime with stand users.

wp8Hu3x.gif

Betty

Banned
She got angry like 3 or 4 times in this episode and almost killed Cindarella

Well Cinderella kinda had it coming at that point.

But at least Yukako was trying to stay away from Koichi for the most part and didn't immediately launch an attack at Rohan when he whisked Koichi away.

I call that progress.

I absolutely HATED this arc in the manga (and there are very few Jojo arcs that I can say that about), but the anime made it tolerable I guess. It really has more to with the context of how this story was originally placed, and say what you will about waiting for David Bowie, but swapping the arcs is MUCH better in the long run.

Also big booo at the translaters not keeping "Kira wants to have a quiet life". It's minor as hell, but that sounded cooler :(

Great Episode really like the pacing. I wondered how they gonna do it in 1 episode.

Next week tho its finally time. Its gonna be a beautiful Duwang!

IIRC they did have to cut some stuff to fit this into one episode. I remember Joseph actually talking to Yukako at one point.

Also big booo at the translaters not keeping "Kira wants to have a quite life". It's minor as hell, but that sounded cooler :(

From what I've read "wants to live quietly" is a more accurate translation than "wants to have a quiet life" which is seemingly a lucky accident the Duwang translation did.

Madao

i thought Koichi finally falling for Yukako was part of the Stand's power. i was surprised it ended up being real.

i guess he does have some weird fetishes well hidden...

also
finally time to *CHEW*

Hmm I did feel there was a rushed feeling to this episode. Jojo works best slow, building up the tension little by little. Gorgeous looking though ~pheww

NEXT WEEK YAY

Betty

Banned
I appreciate the fact you guys are going out of your way not to directly spoil anything for the rest of us because it feels like you've all been waiting for next week's episode since the series began lol.

I''m suprised they actually hooked up.

I'm far too used to anime protags either being asexual or not getting any/being in a real relationship until the end of the series.

Madao

I''m suprised they actually hooked up.

I'm far too used to anime protags either being asexual or not getting any/being in a real relationship until the end of the series.

to be fair, Koichi ain't the protag. Josuke is.

Koichi hooking up with Yukako is like Krillin hooking up with 18.

and they're even similar :0

to be fair, Koichi ain't the protag. Josuke is.

Koichi hooking up with Yukako is like Krillin hooking up with 18.

and they're even similar :0

this part is practically half Koichi's bizzare adventure

and dragonball in general is an exception, Goku's a freaking grandpa

Just started...is Cinderella like Tonio Trendy? Look at this fucking idiot Koichi-kun getting diarrhea during a date. So that um..."pose" that Yukako is in on that bed...is that um...canon? I need to know...for reasons. Rohan looks damn fucking good in pink. What a sweet ep. See now, if this was SDC, Cinderella would've just been Ora'd.

SoulUnison

Banned
Just started...is Cinderella like Tonio Trendy? Look at this fucking idiot Koichi-kun getting diarrhea during a date. So that um..."pose" that Yukako is in on that bed...is that um...canon? I need to know...for reasons. Rohan looks damn fucking good in pink. What a sweet ep. See now, if this was SDC, Cinderella would've just been Ora'd.

Now I'm picturing Jotaro wandering in randomly instead of Koichi, and then it jump cuts to him leaving Cinderella, covered in blood and hair.

"Yare yare daze."

The pacing of this episode was lightning fast, Didn't have enough time to detail Cinderella which I think is one of the more interesting non-hostile stands.

I'm drooling for the next episode. The subtitles better be on point.

SoulUnison

Banned
Without seeing it side by side, I couldn't tell the difference in Yukako's appearance.

I actually thought it was supposed to be a joke or some sort of social commentary.
Or perhaps the salon woman was lying about how Cinderella worked...

But no, they played it straight, and there was just barely any difference besides how Yukako and Cinderella!Yukako were "presented."

I don't even understand what the side effect of breaking Cinderella's cycle "was."
I thought Yukako was going to end up with, like, a black void in her face, but it just made her look like she was wearing a weird mask and needed sleep?

Without seeing it side by side, I couldn't tell the difference in Yukako's appearance.
I think that was the point though. A lot of that shit really just seemed to be in her head due to lack of confidence.
Now I'm picturing Jotaro wandering in randomly instead of Koichi, and then it jump cuts to him leaving Cinderella, covered in blood and hair.

"Yare yare daze."
"Miss, Polnareff needs some hair gel. Do you have any?"
30 minutes later:
"This hair grease, it only last for 30 minutes, it must be the work of an enemy stand."
"OH MY GOD!! Polnareff, your hair is falling out!"
"Jotaro, defeat the stand..."

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I think that was the point though. A lot of that shit really just seemed to be in her head due to lack of confidence.
Yeah that's what I thought up until the end.

Perhaps it's a combination of subtler changes and how we're used to seeing how inconsistently faces are drawn in anime. (Not that that's a bad thing or anything.)

Episode 20

That was surprisingly good. Like it seems was the case with many others here, this was one of my least favourite parts of the Part 4 manga. However, I think DP with the fairytale-like background when Aya appears, along with the voice actors made this so much better. I actually almost cried when Yukako reaches back to Koichi after he shows him her twisted face (Though in the manga, her face was even worse, and you genuinely couldn't tell it was her. See below.)

latest

Koichi is once again showing what a nice guy he is, and it was interesting to see more Stand users who use their power to run a business like Tonio. I nearly spit out my drink when Josuke almost falls out the window, and has Crazy Diamond save him.

Also, so hyped for next week. There must be no other place as pretty as this episode.

chew

Aya's technique works subtle. A slight spacing of the eyes, a raising of the brow, stuff like that.
At least Aya has a heart though. That's what I've liked about these stand users this season. They're actual people. Yeah you can solve the problem with a punch ghost barrage, but think of how small the cast and Morioh would be after that.

I've said it before but I really do like Yukako and I have no idea why. I loved this episode. The art direction was on point with all the fairytale stills.

Top Bottom