• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

pretty tame compared to parts 1 and 2
Nothing worse than having some 8 foot dude dive into your body through your face or claw it's way into your recently hacked off leg stump, or having some dude conjoin your hands with a bunch of your comrades and then proceeds to suck out your life essence leaving as a bunch of tied together skin sacks.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Could Crazy Diamond reverse Cinderella?

Kind of wish the ending was just Koichi going "fuck that, I'll just get Josuke to fix it".

Neoxon

Could Crazy Diamond reverse Cinderella?

Kind of wish the ending was just Koichi going "fuck that, I'll just get Josuke to fix it".
That probably would have been the guaranteed way out. Though as grandjedi6 said, Josuke would have definitely been able to reverse the potential damage to Koichi's eyes that he was asking for.

cntr

Banned
There's a thing in Japan about romance being fated, like the whole "red string of fate" stuff. So Cinderella really is a romantic fate manipulating stand, and the physical swapping is an incidental bonus that lets Aya hide what she's doing.

Mortemis

Banned
Pretty fun episode. Wasn't a big fan of this arc in the manga but my GOD David Pro made a fucking beautiful episode. Some of that art man.

A little too fast but who the fuck cares. I'm so damn hyped for next week.

The background designs were great and shoujo-esque.

Didn't expect Koichi and Yukako to actually become an item, but she seems to be slightly less crazy now.

At least he can get in dem sugar walls now.
Krillin and 18, Koichi and Yukako.....timid, short guys getting W's in shonen manga. lol

TheOGB

Banned
#LetYukakoBeHappy2K16

Aya kinda weirded me out with how up her own ass she is about living her fantasy, making up rules on the fly, copping a feel, etc. Also didn't notice much difference in Yukako's appearance, but I was also expecting that to end up being commentary on subtlety and beauty standards or something.

Not a bad episode though.
Suddenly something I noticed in All-Star Battle makes a lot more sense, knowing this Cinderella stand exists... >_>

tumblr_inline_obtb0aCurJ1rw8pu7_540.png

Aya is lead animator on Berserk 2016

cntr

Banned
lol I just realized that the final "find Yukako's face" test is a reference to the glass slipper from Cinderella

edit: wait, Aya literally said that in the episode

MrHoot

The style is called Art Nouveau. It was popular around 1890-1910. It's most associated with France.

Many shoujo artists drew inspiration from it.

The ironic part is that Art nouveau (and I suspect especially for Mucha's art) was in turn partly inspired a lot by Japan (lot's of french artists were in love with japan near the end of the 19th century). So it comes full circle

jstripes

Banned
The ironic part is that Art nouveau (and I suspect especially for Mucha's art) was in turn partly inspired a lot by Japan (lot's of french artists were in love with japan near the end of the 19th century). So it comes full circle

Yes, it's very visible in the woodblock print style of it, and the strong focus on outlines and form.

That was hands down my least favorite episode. At least it had nice visuals I guess.
I liked it, guess it's not for everyone though. I actually like Yukako, wish she had more screen time. She has a great voice actor too. The way she just instantly 180's and gets pissed is great and she's not stupid. I like the random weird standu eps.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, DiU has a lot of clothes. Even Josuke canonically wears different clothes, we just never see it because he's coming back from school. Same for Koichi, though we see his other clothes sometimes.

Okuyasu probably doesn't own any clothes other than his uniform.

Yeah, DiU has a lot of clothes. Even Josuke canonically wears different clothes, we just never see it because he's coming back from school. Same for Koichi, though we see his other clothes sometimes.

Okuyasu probably doesn't own any clothes other than his uniform.
Okuyasu does seem to have Scooby-Doo syndrome with that one. Then again that dude is broke, he's like Dookie from the wire.

Nottle

it still kinda blows my mind that DiU is two decades old, but feels modern and fresh as an anime
Probably because it feels sort of like a period piece. Like its 90's but not in your face 90's. Rohan's look is very 90's, they have old looking game systems, RC planes, and old phones, but other than that it's not trying to be too cute with its place in time and it's not trying to be too specific. Also it's very well written and imaginative.

Speaking of all of that I feel like part 4 has the most believable outfits in the series. Like what dude in the 1940's dressed like Joseph? Other than some weird ornamentation people just where suits and school uniforms.

cntr

Banned
Speaking of all of that I feel like part 4 has the most believable outfits in the series. Like what dude in the 1940's dressed like Joseph? Other than some weird ornamentation people just where suits and school uniforms.
It makes sense for the tone. Stardust Crusaders was the epic quest to defeat the evil final boss, Diamond is Unbreakable is anime highschool Twin Peaks.

Nottle

It makes sense for the tone. Stardust Crusaders was the epic quest to defeat the evil final boss, Diamond is Unbreakable is anime highschool Twin Peaks.
Well part 3 and 4 have my favorite character designs from all the parts. In part 3 you have characters that are for the most part wearing normal clothes, Avdol has robes, Jotaro and Kakyoin have school uniforms, Joseph has light khakis and a button up, Polnareff looks pretty simple just a bit more fashionable. Really the only weirdos are Vanilla Ice and Dio.

Part 4 people wear normal clothes with maybe an odd word on their shoulder or a tie that looks maybe just a little too cool.

But in part 2 Joseph has this midriff revealing piece of clothing and Caesar has that baby blue getup with all those feathers and shit. Then we have Johnathan's Ike from fire emblem cosplay along with his Sherlock Holmes holloween costume made out of old beach balls.

Let not talk about future characters but YOU know what characters are wearing later on and they are rediculous and Swiss cheese esque.

Well part 3 and 4 have my favorite character designs from all the parts. In part 3 you have characters that are for the most part wearing normal clothes, Avdol has robes, Jotaro and Kakyoin have school uniforms, Joseph has light khakis and a button up, Polnareff looks pretty simple just a bit more fashionable. Really the only weirdos are Vanilla Ice and Dio.

Part 4 people wear normal clothes with maybe an odd word on their shoulder or a tie that looks maybe just a little too cool.

But in part 2 Joseph has this midriff revealing piece of clothing and Caesar has that baby blue getup with all those feathers and shit. Then we have Johnathan's Ike from fire emblem cosplay along with his Sherlock Holmes holloween costume made out of old beach balls.

Let not talk about future characters but YOU know what characters are wearing later on and they are rediculous and Swiss cheese esque.
How dare you knock Dio with his fashionable cape.

Nottle

How dare you knock Dio with his fashionable cape.
I really like DIO's part 3 design, it feels like he looked at a fashion show magazine and was like "this is what 1980's people wear." The hearts and those shoes! The yellow and green! I love it!
Like its cool with him because he is this showy asshole.

Don't love his part 1 look. The shoulder feathers are odd.

I really like DIO's part 3 design, it feels like he looked at a fashion show magazine and was like "this is what 1980's people wear." The hearts and those shoes! The yellow and green! I love it!
Like its cool with him because he is this showy asshole.

Don't love his part 1 look. The shoulder feathers are odd.
Dio seems like the type that sleeps reading fashion magazines. "I'm looking for pose inspiration. Pet Shop get me a new Vogue magazine."

Top Bottom