• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

cntr

Banned
It's kinda funny if you think about it, most anime assume Japanese things even when it wouldn't make sense, like science fiction futures or foreign countries being incredibly Japanese. It's a thing most cultures do.

But Araki does the exact opposite and turns a rural Japanese town into an American suburb. Heck, even before this he sets two parts outside Japan, and the third part only for 3 episodes, and makes almost every character not-Japanese or only half-Japanese.

It's bizarre.

Betty

Banned
wow, Harvest is actually a decent threat, I thought for sure it would've been a pushover, probably one of the most entertaining episodes this season.

Grexeno

It's kinda funny if you think about it, most anime assume Japanese things even when it wouldn't make sense, like science fiction futures or foreign countries being incredibly Japanese. It's a thing most cultures do.

But Araki does the exact opposite and turns a rural Japanese town into an American suburb. Heck, even before this he sets two parts outside Japan, and the third part only for 3 episodes, and makes almost every character not-Japanese or only half-Japanese.

It's bizarre.
You don't often stop to think about how only 2 of 8 parts are set in Japan, but it's kind of amazing.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
In the backstory Morioh is a pretty recent town, so I imagine that's why it's pretty Western-influenced...Sendai was going through a change around the same time when it was modernized and apparently Araki was influenced by the influx of "strangers" to make Morioh a town going through similar growing pains, though in this case a bunch of Stand Users and a murderer laying roost.

Also another possible Twin Peaks shout-out, the Morioh coat of arms includes an owl.

Mista Koo

wow, Harvest is actually a decent threat, I thought for sure it would've been a pushover, probably one of the most entertaining episodes this season.
Agreed. I wouldn't go as far as to say one of the most entertaining, but it's certainly not what I dreaded when I found out it was a two-parter.

Wasn't it his editor or something who told him to set it in Japan this time?

Did anyone notice at the ending credits, where the camera closes in on the lighthouse and you see reflections of Josuke.
Well, for a brief moment, the reflections change from Josuke to Kira w/ purple hair.

cntr

Banned
If Shigechi was Josuke-level smart, it'd be an amazing stand.

Like you can just inject air and give people embolisms. You can retrieve almost anything, like room keys or important documents. Not to mention stealing money for real.

Did anyone notice at the ending credits, where the camera closes in on the lighthouse and you see reflections of Josuke.
Well, for a brief moment, the reflections change from Josuke to Kira w/ purple hair.

Uhhhh, yes. It's pretty hard to miss since it's center screen.

If Shigechi was Josuke-level smart, it'd be an amazing stand.

Like you can just inject air and give people embolisms. You can retrieve almost anything, like room keys or important documents. Not to mention stealing money for real.
At least Shigechi uses his stand better than Okuyasu.

cntr

Banned
qiz3Dnl.jpg

D-Man

This is one of my least favorite arcs in the manga, but I really liked a lot of the art work in today's episode. Good episode overall, IMO.

Next week:
Chew.

Can writers who thrust romance in stuff when its not needed please stop. In what logical way does Koichi fall of Yukako afterall hes done to him and not say others like the needy Rohan, its senseless. What a cheesy episode too.
CprFrnSWIAANGaX.jpg:small

Tizoc

Can writers who thrust romance in stuff when its not needed please stop. In what logical way does Koichi fall of Yukako afterall hes done to him and not say others like the needy Rohan, its senseless. What a cheesy episode too.

Bruh please
We know you mad they didn't go the Boy's Love route with Koichi, but if you soldier through just for a few more months, you'll get all you've wanted from JoJo and more.

Diamond is Unbreakable 20

Like with Rohan being a mangaka, the storyboarding here was more reminiscent of a Fairy Tale. Most would say this is one of the weaker arcs in DiU, but DP naturally enhances it as they have been doing. Swapping Cinderella and Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life made sense, they had a very subtle tease for the future.

Goodstyle

I know this is partly a joke post, but it makes sense for someone like Koichi to fall for his abuser. He's totally submissive, probably a little masochistic too.

PK Gaming

There was a metaphor here with the whole beauty salon set up, but I doubt Araki was aware of it

I bet he made this arc after meeting a beautician at a mall and thinking it was the weirdest goddamn experience

jstripes

Banned
Koichi: "At first I was turned off by her scary, domineering, psycho-killer personality; but on second thought... me likey."

Good episode, though.I love these people with stands who set up a business, and you can't tell what their intentions are.

Koichi does have a tendency to hang out with the worst people, between the two shorties, Rohan and his abusice stalker... I think koichi has some real issues.

No need to be jealous of the best power couple in Jojo. There is a place for the Koichi and Rohan ship,and that's in
your dreams

I feel like the rules the behind that Cinderella stand were kinda wishy washy.
You know, with the whole promises, magic lipstick and face melting.

cntr

Banned
Josuke is probably the second most forgiving Jojo, right after Jonathan. Helps that most people in DiU aren't evil evil, just crazy.

Top Bottom