• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

From the website
gcAnXPN.jpg

cntr

Banned
Araki's said Killer Queen is one of his favorite stands to draw.

also

After having spent the honeymoon phase her girlfriend, Kira stops feeling the bliss of a new romance. Having lost the relationship sparkle, he begins to think about possibly starting anew.

However, we never appreciate what we have until we lose it. So learnt Kira when his darling was taken from him by a dwarf. He then resolved his everything to take back his beloved.

It wasn't easy though. The dwarf was joined by two delinquents, who were fighting about who would have his way and eat Kira's GF.

Our hero perseveres by mere swiftness and luck, but as he's about to leave, the situation takes a left turn: the dwarf is back and is quick to kinkshame Kira after he learns his GF is not a woman.

Will Kira's love persevere? Tune-in next week to find out.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm always freaked out by how Kira continues eating his sandwich even after realizing the hand was rotting.

The hand licking scene was creepier, especially in hindsight when he realizes that the hand's starting to decompose.

Kinda disappointed that they didn't include the rero rero in that scene.

He's very comparable to guys like Ted Bundy, Ed Kemper, and Dennis Rader.

Even then, those monsters were known to engage in rape, torture and even necrophilia which is further then what Kira does. Kira spends a long time planning his murders, appears to be completely normal on first glance, has an obsession with one particular type of victim, and keeps mementos of the crimes which is very typical serial killer behavior. He's also extremely anal and orderly.

Ted Bundy in particular has always "interested" me in a macabre way. Being from Washington, one of his victims went to my college (Evergreen State) and my own aunt was almost picked up by Bundy himself in his Volkswagen when he asked her for help and she still has nightmares about it after learning what was up.

Even then, those monsters were known to engage in rape, torture and even necrophilia which is further then what Kira does. Kira spends a long time planning his murders, appears to be completely normal on first glance, has an obsession with one particular type of victim, and keeps mementos of the crimes which is very typical serial killer behavior. He's also extremely anal and orderly.

Ted Bundy in particular has always "interested" me in a macabre way. Being from Washington, one of his victims went to my college (Evergreen State) and my own aunt was almost picked up by Bundy himself in his Volkswagen when he asked her for help and she still has nightmares about it after learning what was up.

Wow I can't even imagine something like that. And yeah, Kira is laser focused on just the hands, so stuff like rape and torture don't appeal to him.

I tell you what was weird.

Harvest was CGI in this episode, but not in the previous ones.

Nah they were.

dan2026

Looking at the Shigechi episodes I guess Harvest was both.

Anyway I rally enjoyed the music in this episode.
Especially what I guess was Kira's theme.

cntr

Banned
My favorite aspect of this arc is how Shigechi is the antagonist, and Kira's the protagonist.

by the way that fanart is creepy as fuck

Fandangox

That drawing of Killer Queen is by Oh Great!, the author/artist of Air Gear.

Phenomenal artist, real bad writer.

SAO is the worst anime I've ever seen. To completion (first series at least)

I saw one episode of Air Gear and I almost just nope'd immediately. Gave it a second chance with a second episode, but nope, it was just generic animeman, the anime.

Shame cause the OP is good. (The song, not the animation, that one is also very generic)

cntr

Banned
Air Gear is complete bullshit, but the manga art is incredible.

It also contains Obama as a Japanese teenage schoolgirl.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Holy fuck this episode is everything I wanted it to be and more. I waited a long time to see this animated and it didn't disappoint at ALL. Kira's theme is so amazing. So much tension. Love it. LOVE it.

Betty

Banned
Incredible episode, equal parts disturbing, darkly humorous and chock full of quality tension.

Kira's stand reveal was built up perfectly, that riff when Shigechi see's it for the first time is great but...when the mist faded the face looked really off.

That upper lip looks more like it's mouth is open in a derpy way, hope they draw it better for future episodes.

The close up shot at the very end shows they can animate the face better though.

Feels like we're at the endgame already but there's still 18 episodes to go, curious how things will play out but it feels like things are paying off in a big way.

Top Bottom