• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Deadly Queen from the mango, for comparison.

df633979ecb715529034d111cec005bd81455314_hq.jpg

FUCK this was a good episode. Pacing and music were on point, but it is a shame that the art was wonky in a few important places. Dunno if I can entirely blame it on the studio, since the key art was mostly spot on, but seeing all that build up to Killer Queen only for it to escalate into that wonky frame left me feeling like a deflated balloon.

If they do I hope they keep his messed up left arm
It's easier to miss in the manga. But just to put the anatomy in perspective for newer fans
p0Gqbxdl.jpg

Of all the art errors that they could show, they BETTER show distorted Kira arm
I'm gunna get the Killer Queen symbol tattooed on me someday.
Hey I found your new avatar/tattoo
3FnAbYtm.jpg

jett

D-Member
ur2IANG.png

Animator 1: This took a while, but it came out pretty good I think.

6HW6QzB.png

Animator 2: NAILED IT!

(I understand drawing those kinds of details in motion is hard :p)

I'll be honest, I thought that dog at the start of the episode had no chance. Even after he seemingly got away scot-free, I still gave it 50/50 chances of surviving the episode. :p I guess next week I'll find out what the's the deal with the hype for Kira.

StoneFox

Great episode showing off Kira's... quirks. Although by the way Kira flaunts that hand around I'm surprised that absolutely no one noticed his behavior for 15 years lol he was petting that sandwich in the shop for seemingly a full minute, like wtf xD

Great episode showing off Kira's... quirks. Although by the way Kira flaunts that hand around I'm surprised that absolutely no one noticed his behavior for 15 years lol he was petting that sandwich in the shop for seemingly a full minute, like wtf xD
He wanted to make sure that his significant other understood how warm that sandwich bread was.

Episode 21

The Chew-Chew train has come and gone, and it was glorious to see. I love how this arc focuses so much on Kira; he's basically the main character. You get to see his personality up close, along with all his quirks. It's fantastic. What I love about his character is the lengths he went through to get the bag before bringing out Killer Queen.

Speaking of which, the art sadly wasn't as good this episode. Hope it gets fixed, like Part 1 did, in the Blu-Rays. That being said, finally being able to see Killer Queen animated was great.

She keeps a Moet-et-Chandon, in a pretty cabinet...

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
nah that was a different tie

ah, you're right, I was thinking his "other" tie.

I saw it, you can get a really nice one for $1000

I ordered a set of 2 for just $40

yeah, that one!

I don't know what the fuck Kira's stand does, but can't he just use it to swipe the hand bag?

I would think Kira stays as an anonymous serial killer for 15 year by not abusing his powers, but rather only using it when it's absolutely necessary.

Kira is really interesting because like a number of real life serial killers he has that inflated sense of superiority, desire for things to be orderly, etc, but what kind of sets him apart is his lack of desire to be famous. A good number of serial killers want to be known, either through their killings, the police hunting them, or their capture/trials. Kira however doesn't want fame. He wants a quiet, boring life that follows a routine. But look at how annoyed he gets over a fucking middle schooler. That facade starts to crack a little. He becomes angry, arrogant, more overtly threatening.

Go watch the Hannibal tv show and imagine Mads Mikkelsen with a Stand.

Kira is really interesting because like a number of real life serial killers he has that inflated sense of superiority, desire for things to be orderly, etc, but what kind of sets him apart is his lack of desire to be famous. A good number of serial killers want to be known, either through their killings, the police hunting them, or their capture/trials. Kira however doesn't want fame. He wants a quiet, boring life that follows a routine. But look at how annoyed he gets over a fucking middle schooler. That facade starts to crack a little. He becomes angry, arrogant, more overtly threatening.

Go watch the Hannibal tv show and imagine Mads Mikkelsen with a Stand.
Which really makes me wonder how long he's had his stand for. Was he born with it or did Keicho's dumb ass shoot him with an arrow? Does it accentuate his killing methods? I'm pretty sure none of these questions will be answered in this thread.

Ezalc

For all the people that were complaining about where the plot was. There it is. You're welcome. Best stand and best villain in the series for me. Amazing reveal but I do agree that the actual pose and some other important scenes were messed up but will probably be cleaned up later.

dani_dc

People freaking out about a badly drawn shot...

While overall it's a shame that this episode suffer some animation quality issues here and there, this was supposed to be Killer's Queen big reveal, it was the one shot that really should had gotten a bigger attention to detail.

Ending the episode the hot before and leaving the reveal to the next episode would had been better call considering the quality of the drawing.

Squishy3

While overall it's a shame that this episode suffer some animation quality issues here and there, this was supposed to be Killer's Queen big reveal, it was the one shot that really should had gotten a bigger attention to detail.

Ending the episode the hot before and leaving the reveal to the next episode would had been better call considering the quality of the drawing.
To be fair, the actual silhouetted cut looks amazing, it's when it switches to Shigechi's face and then back that it changes and switches to the low quality cut.

So all in all it's really just one cut that needs to be tidied up/redrawn.

Breads

Banned
People freaking out about a badly drawn shot...

You do realize this is Jojo, right? Iconic visuals are paramount. Scenes don't have to be well animated - after decades a good looking still is all a lot of us are asking for.

And for the most part Diamond is Unbreakable 2016 delivers. Never would I have expected that, after how amazing the rest of the adaptation has been, they could fuck Killer Queen's reveal up just by shoddy art in the face.

It's such an iconic visual that has been represented in toys, figures, videogames, and etc for years and years.

And the anime version looks like pink jerky.

Kurtofan

You do realize this is Jojo, right? Iconic visuals are paramount. Scenes don't have to be well animated - after decades a good looking still is all a lot of us are asking for.

And for the most part Diamond is Unbreakable 2016 delivers. Never would I have expected that, after how amazing the rest of the adaptation has been, they could fuck Killer Queen's reveal up just by shoddy art in the face.

It's such an iconic visual that has been represented in toys, figures, videogames, and etc for years and years.

And the anime version looks like pink jerky.

It's quick and dirty two second shot. it's obvious the real reveal will be next week.

edit: what I mean is that they'll start next week with a recreation of the panel... focused and all.

they should have just ended on the silhouette this week, but they figured people might be upset at the teasing, I think that's what happened.

cntr

Banned
fyi, that shot wasn't in the manga. They aren't misrepresenting any iconic shot or pose.

The actual iconic pose is going to be the opening shot of the next epsiode.

cntr

Banned
It's Killer Queen, as in the song by Queen. Killer Queen's apperance comes from the lyric "as playful as a pussycat" in the song.

Pinewood

If they only could have aquired the rights for Killer Queen and swap the ED, would have been fucking sublime with that piano riff coming in as Kira as standing there 😩

Top Bottom