• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Kthulhu

So somewhere in the Jojo universe there is a turtle with a stand? That just sounds hilarious. I hope in some random part Araki has fun with this concept. Like a dog and a cat are having a fucking stand battle or something.

You have no idea. You just better hope Part
gets animated so you can see it for yourself.

That image is hilarious on its own, but it's a million times more funny if you've read the manga.

Haven't gotten around to watching it yet, because I'm poor and don't have Crunchyroll Premium, but I'm very much looking forward to it. Here's to hoping that the ending is Allstar!

You have no idea. You just better hope Part
gets animated so you can see it for yourself.

That image is hilarious on its own, but it's a million times more funny if you've read the manga.
Oh god I hope that happens then since Iggy vs Pet Shop was one of my favorite fights from Part 3.

Finalow

this is going to be good.

joseph is trash
256.png

(tl note; 啊啊啊 啊啊啊 means oh my god)

Kthulhu

Guys just stop doing the hinting stuff for a Part we won't even see for years, god

Yeah there's a big red line in the OP about that too.

C'mon brehs cut us anime only watchers some slack. I ain't trying to get spoiled

people hinting about future parts again

come on

I won't say anymore, but what I did say was pretty vague.

You guys will probably forgotten about it by the time it gets animated anyway.

JulianImp

Vague or not, some people are more partial than others when it comes to spoilers, and manga readers dropping hints outside of spoiler tags can lead to awkward situations for those of us who haven't enjoyed the series yet and would rather see things ourselves.

I have spoiled myself out of several plot points of later seasons after dwelling on TVTropes for far too long two or three years ago, but I only read about them completely out of context so I'm still able to enjoy watching the journey even if I know how some parts end (and luckily, I don't even know which ending belongs to which part).

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Vague or not, some people are more partial than others when it comes to spoilers, and manga readers dropping hints outside of spoiler tags can lead to awkward situations for those of us who haven't enjoyed the series yet and would rather see things ourselves.

I have spoiled myself out of several plot points of later seasons after dwelling on TVTropes for far too long two or three years ago, but I only read about them completely out of context so I'm still able to enjoy watching the journey even if I know how some parts end (and luckily, I don't even know which ending belongs to which part).

Kind of a side note, but one of my favorite parts of talking about Jojo is those awkward out of context parts. Because some of my favorite moments are just so bizarre it makes you go "what? that can't be true? that sounds like something from a bad early 90's cartoon." I think there's a real appeal in seeing people reaction to these kind of things, which is why a lot of mangagaf likes to tip toe around it, we're just itching for a fix...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Insanely hyped to watch the OP and the ED this week, holy shit.

Grow up. You guys seriously make these threads borderline unbearable. Can't we just have fun without hipsters playing smart?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of a side note, but one of my favorite parts of talking about Jojo is those awkward out of context parts. Because some of my favorite moments are just so bizarre it makes you go "what? that can't be true? that sounds like something from a bad early 90's cartoon." I think there's a real appeal in seeing people reaction to these kind of things, which is why a lot of mangagaf likes to tip toe around it, we're just itching for a fix...

The out of context Jojo tumblr is probably one of the best tumblr accounts out there for this very reason. I'm certainly looking forward to anime-only viewers' reactions to some specific events later on.

But yeah, there's a Jojo general community thread available if people want to discuss anything beyond the vaguest of generic spoilers (Ex. "Animals can be Stand users," "Stands can be bound to things, like Strength, Wheel of Fortune, and The Fool"). Gaf also uses email tags, so there's that option to mention spoilers, too.

Kthulhu

Insanely hyped to watch the OP and the ED this week, holy shit.

Grow up. You guys seriously make these threads borderline unbearable. Can't we just have fun without hipsters playing smart?

Spoiler for people who see vague allusions to a out of context plot point as spoilers.

I'm sorry I thought that a person randomly guessing a plot point to a Jojo arc that we have no confirmation will ever be aired, was funny. And then decided to allude to part of said plot point, because I thought it was awesome, while still avoiding any major spoilers. Not to mention, said plot point can be seen coming (to an extent) and is from a manga arc that is 20 years old, and has had translated versions available online for years.

I was spoiled a major character death in The Force Awakens, and what I said was shit compared to that, in terms of how big of a spoiler it is.

There have been bigger spoilers in this thread already, and what I alluded to does not give away what happens. By you're own consideration of what a spoiler is, the show has already spoiled major fights.

Not to mention that I can guarantee you that no one that was "spoiled" by this will remember it in the 2-3 years it will be before part 5 gets animated, assuming it even does.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

it's more like the anime itself is dropping hints though, so I feel it's a disservice not to at least notice them. Not to mention some posts are really begging to be poked at.

Tizoc

The best way to avoid posting manga stuff is to not post at all
Or remembering that there is an actual thr ad dedicated to all things jojo and posting it there instead

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The best way to avoid posting manga stuff is to not post at all
Or remembering that there is an actual thr ad dedicated to all things jojo and posting it there instead

like I said though, sometimes the anime enjoys doing shit like that (very prominent SC for instance) that it's pretty much hard not to discuss about it

Even though I'm up to date on the manga I find the manga teasing annoying. It adds nothing to the discussion and just makes the thread look like a redacted CIA document.

Yonafunu

like I said though, sometimes the anime enjoys doing shit like that (very prominent SC for instance) that it's pretty much hard not to discuss about it

Right, and those things are obviously meant for people who've read the manga. So let's discuss those in the other thread. It's not that hard.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Well it's spoilers so yeah don't discuss it in this thread that implies no manga spoilers. The an anime community thread where noone gives a fuck about spoilers, so it's not like there's nowhere to discuss it on gaf.

He thinks DIO's stand blocks all perception of the opponent for a little while or something.
He calls Jotaro Jotero and he still calls Joseph JoJo (sometimes Mr Joestar)

Kthulhu

Make sure to ask him what he thinks DIOs power is when he sees the Hol Horse bit. I always love hearing peoples guessed about that

I had thought it was teleportation. I loved that I was wrong. The last part of Stardust Crusaders is one of my favorite moments in anime history.

I mean I want to read the manga, but I enjoy this so much in anime form.

Is he constantly talking about Kakyoin and Jotaro
having an egg baby
?

I only started reading the manga after part 4 was announced. Half the fun of reading it is knowing that the awesome fight scenes and funny moments will get animated.

I had thought it was teleportation. I loved that I was wrong. The last part of Stardust Crusaders is one of my favorite moments in anime history.

I only started reading the manga after part 4 was announced. Half the fun of reading it is knowing that the awesome fight scenes and funny moments will get animated.
I think almost everything Pet Shop and after is just awesome. Vanilla Ice, crazy pimp walking vogue as fuck Dio...just too fucking good.

Thud

That said, it would be criminal if they stopped before finishing part 6.

Give me all the fabulous JoJo!

Jojo is David Pro's cash cow, and the people who work on the anime are huge jojo superfans.

If the franchise keeps making the blu-Ray money it's been making, jojo animes will keep coming.

Also, from what I hear, Part 5 is really, really popular in Japan. Not Stardust Crusaders popular but close enough to make an impression.

If I'm not wrong and we get a Part 5 anime, Part 6 is already confirmed.

Kthulhu

Also, from what I hear, Part 5 is really, really popular in Japan. Not Stardust Crusaders popular but close enough to make an impression.

If I'm not wrong and we get a Part 5 anime, Part 6 is already confirmed.

That's surprising.

IMO Part 5 is the second weakest part after Part 1.

I don't think Part 5 is bad per say, but it is inferior to most of the other parts in terms of writing.

jgminto

That's surprising.

IMO Part 5 is the second weakest part after Part 1.

I don't think Part 5 is bad per say, but it is inferior to most of the other parts in terms of writing.
That's mostly due to the poor translation, the new one is much better.

Top Bottom