• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

cntr

Banned
goddamn it guys

rmWhdiU.gif

knock it off

kewlmyc

I like that Jotaro keeps conveniently forgetting that he CAN STOP TIME. He could have stopped time and opened the door to see who the killer was or to read what the text on the tag was was.

Jigolo

I'm guessing people now understand why Araki loves Kira?

His top ten favorite characters in 2000 right around the time Part 6 started were:
  1. Josuke
  2. Kira
  3. Part 5 character
  4. Part 5 character
  5. Part 5 character
  6. Joseph
  7. Part 5 character
  8. Jotaro
  9. Shigechi
  10. DIO

Anime watchers, don't google this list.

(as an anime watcher) Joseph not #1 is a crime

Betty

Banned
I like that Jotaro keeps conveniently forgetting that he CAN STOP TIME. He could have stopped time and opened the door to see who the killer was or to read what the text on the tag was was.

Apparently it exhausts him to use it and he can only do it for a couple of seconds compared to his fight with Dio.

Plus for all he knew he could've walked straight into a trap by opening that door within his stopped time, he has no idea what the enemy's ability is so it could just as easily be time related like Jotaro's, too risky.

He didn't forget. He was cautious of the enemy Stand. He doesn't know what he can do and wasn't taking any risks. He even says the way the jacket is being pulled is extremely suspicious.

cntr

Banned
Jotaro was basically running on willpower in the Dio fight. It exhausts him because he's a human, not an infinite-stamina vampire.

Kthulhu

It's no crazier than Karau's power in Yu Yu Hakusho.

Kira seems like the type that would just flat out kill you during a time skip instead of just shit talking you during it.

You have seen nothing yet. You have merely scraped the surface.

Given this list, Part 5 is looking to be hoot. Might have to pick up reading the manga after Part 4's anime ends. :p

The current translation for Part 5 kinda sucks. You might want to wait till it's finished.

Ridley327

Like it always make me go,"How are you suppose to fight a stand thats like that?" Dio was easy because jotaro somehow copied him but josuke isnt getting new powers, is he?

I get the feeling that they've been nudging into the whole team effort aspect this whole time just for a villain like this. I can't think of a single character thus far who would be able to take on Kira by themselves and not have it end badly for them. Jotaro is about the closest I think anyone that could try to take him on by themselves, and considering how quickly Bug-Eaten was able to compensate for how short his Time Stop is these days, I don't think he can do it, either.

And I do hope that it really is building to a whole team endgame, because that's really goddamn uncommon for these kinds of stories.

Thud

Potato Stand

Mashed Platinum

Uncle Jotaro checking if you ate your tatters and then ora ora ora it's in your mouth.

kewlmyc

Apparently it exhausts him to use it and he can only do it for a couple of seconds compared to his fight with Dio.

Plus for all he knew he could've walked straight into a trap by opening that door within his stopped time, he has no idea what the enemy's ability is so it could just as easily be time related like Jotaro's, too risky.

He didn't forget. He was cautious of the enemy Stand. He doesn't know what he can do and wasn't taking any risks. He even says the way the jacket is being pulled is extremely suspicious.

Good points. Kira could just detonate the jacket, so yeah.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
This potaro art makes me want more marine biologist jotaro.
I get the feeling that they've been nudging into the whole team effort aspect this whole time just for a villain like this. I can't think of a single character thus far who would be able to take on Kira by themselves and not have it end badly for them. Jotaro is about the closest I think anyone that could try to take him on by themselves, and considering how quickly Bug-Eaten was able to compensate for how short his Time Stop is these days, I don't think he can do it, either.

And I do hope that it really is building to a whole team endgame, because that's really goddamn uncommon for these kinds of stories.
A jotaro and josuke team up would be great. Dont know how useful everyone else would be.

Tunahead

What if said some DIDN'T file a missing baby/person's report >_>;

Yeah, for several possible reasons.

For instance, the babymama could have seen her baby become a poltergeist and been all like "get the fuck away from me forever, you abomination" and then later when asked where her baby is, she could have been all like "you are all having a collective delusion, I never had a demon baby".

Or the babymama could have exploded and then her hand could also have exploded later on.

Yeah, for several possible reasons.

For instance, the babymama could have seen her baby become a poltergeist and been all like "get the fuck away from me forever, you abomination" and then later when asked where her baby is, she could have been all like "you are all having a collective delusion, I never had a demon baby".

Or the babymama could have exploded and then her hand could also have exploded later on.
Baby? What baby, there is no baby. Crying? Something just shat on your leg? No no no you're just delusional

A few things about the encounter in the shoe store:

1. Jotaro and Koichi don't know anything about Kira as a person.

2. They don't know his Stand. They don't know it has explosive abilities.

3. They think the tank IS the Stand. It is already active and in the room, and just killed a person.

They are at a severe disadvantage, and even if Jotaro stops time, what is he going to do? If his Stop ends before he figures anything out, he might be dead before he can even reactivate it. He has Koichi to worry about as well.

All y'all talking shit about part 5 see me in the manga thread.

Can I just say today's episode was INTENSE. Boy I don't think shit was feeling that heavy in the manga, especially when Reimi showed up ;__;

KarmaCow

So wait, this is the main antagonist of part 4? It could dramatically improve but I don't understand why people say part 4 is the best when it seems like a Araki throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks. Part 3 was the same but there was at least the strong under current of getting to Dio to tie it all the experiments together.

PK Gaming

It just goes to show that even the Strongest Stand User™ is completely outmatched by some guy who has the territorial advantage.

It's no exaggeration to say that Kira is one of the strongest stand users and it's mainly due to his intelligence.

Astral

So wait, this is the main antagonist of part 4? It could dramatically improve but I don't understand why people say part 4 is the best when it seems like a Araki throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks. Part 3 was the same but there was at least the strong under current of getting to Dio to tie it all the experiments together.

Not sure what you mean by this.

The strong under current here is "Morioh is a town filled with crazy people and crazier stands." It's not part 3, and it won't be part 3 so you should stop expecting part 3.

That said, can you give it another episode holy crap Kira literally just got to show off his stand a few hours ago

Matsukaze

So wait, this is the main antagonist of part 4?
Yes.

It could dramatically improve but I don't understand why people say part 4 is the best when it seems like a Araki throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks. Part 3 was the same but there was at least the strong under current of getting to Dio to tie it all the experiments together.
There are several reasons folks favor 4 over 3, including:
Because a lot of people prefer Part 4's pseudo-slice-of-life, Twin Peaks-in-modern Japan style to Part 3's Around Half the World in 50 Days style.
Because Morioh feels more alive as a setting than the entire list of countries visited by Jotaro's team in Part 3.
Because Josuke is a more interesting and dynamic protagonist than Jotaro.
Because to many fans, Kira's brand of evil is more sinister and disturbing than Dio's kind of evil.

And last but not least - because those people have the benefit of knowing how the rest of Part 4 plays out, so they can make a more informed judgment.

And I'm not sure how Part 4 is any more "shit-throwing" than Part 3 when we're talking about Stands, an inherently limitless and bonkers element that is central to JoJo 3+.

cntr

Banned
I don't really know how Dio tied anything together at all, almost all the villains had no real motivation beyond working for Dio.

Siegcram

I don't really know how Dio tied anything together at all, almost all the villains had no real motivation beyond working for Dio.
It sure is weird how DIO has transitioned from "not doing anything" to this integral plot glue that holds everything together. Make up your minds people.

Top Bottom