• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Style

Banned
Kira is actually Joseph's other sideshow child and awakened his stand when the rest of the Joestars did. End of that mystery.

cntr

Banned
No, Kira awakened his stand when a teleportation accident involving David Bowie, some explosives, and a cat went horribly wrong.

Duh.

Omg what a awesome episode. We finally saw Killer Queen in action and damn it was also a epsiode with deep feels.

Forgot that next week is already Sheer Heart Attack. Now shit is going down real fast.

"HEY! LOOK OVER HERE!"

Kira awakened his stand when he wished "boy, I sure wish it was easier to remove these hands from the corpses of my victims while disposing any evidence."

Then DIO gave him a stand because DIO was coincidentally in Morioh at that exact moment in time for reasons.

kewlmyc

Kira awakened his stand when he wished "boy, I sure wish it was easier to remove these hands from the corpses of my victims while disposing any evidence."

Then DIO gave him a stand because DIO was coincidentally in Morioh at that exact moment in time for reasons.

You're probably joking, but I swore he got it from the arrow.

SoulUnison

Banned
Reimi and Arnold now appear in the OP group photo, mostly hidden behind Rohan.

T40UcSe.jpg

1bjpHjL.jpg

Dio was just dressing in the manner that a white British guy born in the 1800's thought Egyptians in 1980s would dress like.

No one was willing to call him out on it because of his CHA-RIS-MA.

Astral

I watched the episode again and Shigechi's death is still sad as fuck. He sounds so happy when he sees Josuke and then it all goes to shit for him. Poor kid.

Lunar15

I try to put myself in other people's shoes and understand differing opinions but I really can't think of anything Stardust Crusaders does better than Diamond is Unbreakable.

I prefer 4 to 3, but i'd imagine the appeal of 3 is the novelty. It came first and introduced stands, so it stuck out more in history.

I will say though, there is something somewhat endearing about Araki starting out making this super tough guy manga for part 3 but then all of of those big beefy dudes becoming incredibly zany and goofy by the end as Araki realized he's more of a goofy writer.

I will say though, there is something somewhat endearing about Araki starting out making this super tough guy manga for part 3 but then all of of those big beefy dudes becoming incredibly zany and goofy by the end as Araki realized he's more of a goofy writer.

Amen

tumblr_n8k941yxmm1toibgto1_500.gif

7c1a1f474e2a504bfb0d9918058ea5e155459391_hq.gif

tumblr_nk32hfFRFL1r1gk6bo2_500.gif

tumblr_nk2vbpNIVx1qz64n4o1_500.gif

tumblr_nad4aefb8x1r2swomo3_r1_500.gif

_W7DQj.gif

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Fridays:

Go to work.
Come back home.
Watch JoJo
Me: "Today was a good day"
Watch Berserk
Me: "Today wasn't that great after all. I guess JoJo was alright."

I should learn my lesson and watch Berserk before JoJo.

Chase You seemed like a pretty generic shounen OP but I like it, it grew on me a lot. The chase is on.

I guess objectively it's not that great, but the fact that it's following on the heels of Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town certainly makes it a lot easier for me to get jazzed about it.

Like, going back, I actually think Stand Proud is pretty great, and it was just having to follow up Bloody Stream hurting it.

Weiss

Banned
excuse me

Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town is far, far better than this new generic pleb trash.

You could sub this into any other anime and it'd fit. That ain't JoJo.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
You should learn your lesson and drop Berserk.

It's like watching a car crash or train wreck. I can't look away. Maybe I'm partially a masochist. Maybe a part of me also hopes the next Berserk will amaze me. Maybe this is how it feels when you're really expecting a game release and it gets delayed more than once.

I always watch Berserk before I watch Jojo, why end things on a bad note.

I get home excited about JoJo. Then once I'm done I realize I didn't watch Berserk yet.

Fridays:

Go to work.
Come back home.
Watch JoJo
Me: "Today was a good day"
Watch Berserk
Me: "Today wasn't that great after all. I guess JoJo was alright."

I should learn my lesson and watch Berserk before JoJo.
I always watch Berserk before I watch Jojo, why end things on a bad note.

excuse me

Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town is far, far better than this new generic pleb trash.

You could sub this into any other anime and it'd fit. That ain't JoJo.

Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town is the only song I can think of that I've ever preferred the EDM remix of.

jgminto

Anyone who can't appreciate Shigeki after this episode gets no respect. He gets blown half to hell and his priority is to protect his family. He's such a great character.

Magwik

Banned
Anyone who can't appreciate Shigeki after this episode gets no respect. He gets blown half to hell and his priority is to protect his family. He's such a great character.
Man just the look on his face upon seeing Kira in the reflection. It killed me.

Ezalc

Goddamn this episode was GUREITO. Loved seeing Killer Queen in action, best stand design in the series for me, best villain too.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Yeah he was a greedy little fucker but his death was selfless.

Kira is the Yin to Josukes Yang.

Everything Crazy Diamond touches gets repaired while everything Killer Queen touches gets destroyed.

Such a deep Duwang.

Demoli

I realized whats wrong with Killer Queen's face.

It's the Eyebrows, It's supposed to have this big cat eyes but the eyebrows and the even mroe pronounced face lines make it seem almost skeletal.

King Boo

shigechi got it pretty bad. he was already defeated and he still had to get hit by a ball?

at least the posing became more noticeable, or maybe i haven't been paying attention the last few episodes.

SoulUnison

Banned
Only able to be seen and heard by stand users :/

It's not a spoiler but I'll hide the answer for those that don't want to know.

That's...convenient.

What about Shigechi himself?
Would a non-Stand user see him twisting and disintegrating into nothing? Does he become "invisible" the second KQ begins to "detonate?"

"Handwaves? In JoJo? Oh. My. God!"

Kira is so damn creepy. He has no emotional reaction to what he's done. He just goes about his errands afterwards. When he is speaking about killing Shigechi's parents, it's like an adult just casually saying he is gonna tell a misbehaving child's parents about it. He doesn't even lie about why shigechi should tell him the info he wants, he doesn't do the "I'll let you live if you rat the others out" bluff/lie, cause to him, it's perfectly logical to kill shigechi right then and there.Shit, even when Shigechi is writhing in agony, Kira is talking to him as if nothings the matter. I feel like this hits closer to home because there are actually people like Kira that exist irl.

Kira is both less human and yet creepily more realistic. His calm "dame dame dame" is way more horrifying than Dio's "MUDA MUDA MUDA" because Dio at least feels something.

L00P

yo why did kira sneak around like an idiot in a bad comedy to get the hand when he has the handy ability to remotely detonate and explode things???

Top Bottom