• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

There is a Part 3 RPG on the Super FamiCom. Yes, JoJo is that old.

0.png
Did he walk to the bathroom like this?
tumblr_inline_mi6h93c48T1qmjvtr.gif

Now that I think about it, it's sad that we lost both David Bowie and Prince on the year Part 4 gets animated.

Must be some sort of universal equivalent exchange.

That's PSNow. PSTV is pretty much a Vita you can plug into your tv. Those things are like dirt cheap now if I'm not mistaken and P4G is too good to miss out on.
If I can find one I'll consider it but I'm kinda short on money rn anyway so it might have to come sometime in the late future.

Moaradin

Play the PS2 version so that you have the good Chie voice

I liked original Chie's voice but I'll still say that Erin Fitzgerald does a better performance.

Aha! Is this our chance?
Aha! Is this our chance?
Aha! Is this our chance?
Aha! Is this our chance?

Watched a video of Shigechi's death and it's still fucking brutal, like it gets harder to watch every time I see it. Shigechi was a shit but he was the kinda shit who would've gotten goofy comeuppance and learned a valuable lesson because at the end of the day he didn't know any better. Instead he brutally fucking murdered by a serial killer.

Watched a video of Shigechi's death and it's still fucking brutal, like it gets harder to watch every time I see it. Shigechi was a shit but he was the kinda shit who would've gotten goofy comeuppance and learned a valuable lesson because at the end of the day he didn't know any better. Instead he brutally fucking murdered by a serial killer.
PSA: this is the user that made me assume this identity and alas we are hereby enemies

Soriku

The way he crumbles is some fucked up shit.

Brakke

Banned
Binged a ton of Jojo once I got to Stardust Crusaders. I was real bummed at the start when Jotaro's ever other line was calling a woman "bitch", but that's tailed off thankfully. Last ep I watched was Wheel of Fortune crossing into Pakistan.

1) RIP Avdol I loved that dude (but also I don't believe he's dead).

2) Old Jo(seph)Jo is hilarious and great. "Oh, nooooo!!!"

3) I'm surprised how much of the arc so far has been about Polnareff. Jo(taro)Jo has been pretty quiet since Stands were explained.

4) It's Super Weird how they just dropped Hamon entirely. Old Jojo tried to use it but that was like one mention in several hours worth of episodes and he failed.

Debirudog

I don't care what people say about him, Part 3 Joseph is an awesome comedic character.

And yeh, Polnareff gets quite a bit of focus.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Binged a ton of Jojo once I got to Stardust Crusaders. I was real bummed at the start when Jotaro's ever other line was calling a woman "bitch", but that's tailed off thankfully. Last ep I watched was Wheel of Fortune crossing into Pakistan.

1) RIP Avdol I loved that dude (but also I don't believe he's dead).

2) Old Jo(seph)Jo is hilarious and great. "Oh, nooooo!!!"

3) I'm surprised how much of the arc so far has been about Polnareff. Jo(taro)Jo has been pretty quiet since Stands were explained.

4) It's Super Weird how they just dropped Hamon entirely. Old Jojo tried to use it but that was like one mention in several hours worth of episodes and he failed.
Hamon kinda becomes useless. Also the reason Jotaro talks like that because hes always thinking what hes gonna say next so everyone thinks he cool. He just an insecure guy that loves the dolphins.

cntr

Banned
"Bitch" is the closest English equivalent in how rude Jotaro's being, but it has more sexist implications than the Japanese does. So don't worry about Jotaro being like that.

Araki sort of tried to tie hamon and stands together, like writing "This is what we call a STAND" with "hamon of the soul" below it. That's why Jotaro was having issues with Deep Blue Moon, he couldn't breathe. Araki dropped that really fast.

He eventually retconned it in bonus material, making vampirism and hamon specialized versions of stand psychic energy.

I went from YEAH KILL SHIGECHI to "oh...that was wayy too brutal..."

DP really knows how to stretch out the drama in Jojo.
I actually knew the kid was getting blasted from.my time in the manga thread and I was still completely thrown off by the brutality of it. I thought it was some of the most fucked up brutal shit in Jojo to date, just based on what I've seen already.

I actually knew the kid was getting blasted from.my time in the manga thread and I was still completely thrown off by the brutality of it. I thought it was some of the most fucked up brutal shit in Jojo to date, just based on what I've seen already.

I think it gains the additional sense of brutality because of who shingechi was. He wasn't the cool guy who went out fighting but a awkward kid who tried to run away from a one sided fight to protect his family.

I think it gains the additional sense of brutality because of who shingechi was. He wasn't the cool guy who went out fighting but a awkward kid who tried to run away from a one sided fight to protect his family.
Dude died over a sandwich. If he had just brown bagged his bento like the poor kid I thought he was he'd still be alive. Like I feel sorry for him, but it's hard for me not to smirk over some kid dying over a sandwich. I don't know if that's what Araki intended but that was my take away from it.

Dude died over a sandwich. If he had just brown bagged his bento like the poor kid I thought he was he'd still be alive. Like I feel sorry for him, but it's hard for me not to smirk over some kid dying over a sandwich. I don't know if that's what Araki intended but that was my take away from it.

I knew a guy who fought over a pizza so I believed this type of stuff happening. At the end of the day, the real mastermind was the dog. Kira and shingechi were just victims to the planning of the malicious dog.

Thud

I knew a guy who fought over a pizza so I believed this type of stuff happening. At the end of the day, the real mastermind was the dog. Kira and shingechi were just victims to the planning of the malicious dog.

Now I want a dog which turns out to be a jojo villain.

Was it a pizza made at St. Gentleman's?
Now I want a dog which turns out to be a jojo villain.
Based on what I'm hearing about later parts that wouldn't be the weirdest thing to transpire.

cntr

Banned
Yo, that image's a bit spoilery.

"Who would win" arguments are kind of complicated with Jojo, because of how many variables there are, the stand, the user, and the situation. Like Death 13, Osiris, or The Sun could kill Dio, but they never got the chance to. Aqua Necklace is stronger in the rain and can't be defeated by Star Platinum. Kira doesn't want to draw attention to himself, so he'll avoid doing dramatic things. So on and so on.

"Who would win" arguments are kind of complicated with Jojo, because of how many variables there are, the stand, the user, and the situation. Like Death 13, Osiris, or The Sun could kill Dio, but they never got the chance to. Aqua Necklace is stronger in the rain and can't be defeated by Star Platinum. Kira doesn't want to draw attention to himself, so he'll avoid doing dramatic things. So on and so on.
Thank you for reminding me that some dude with a fucking Sun Stand took orders from a vampire. Like dude, you control the motherfucking sun.

Kthulhu

Thank you for reminding me that some dude with a fucking Sun Stand took orders from a vampire. Like dude, you control the motherfucking sun.

Didn't Dio hire most of the stand users that he sent against the Crusaders? Why would they fight him?

Top Bottom