• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

To be fair, it is a little frustrating to have a bunch of random shit going on like severed hands, invisible babies and freaks running around with a bow and arrow then be near the half point and have absolutely no idea what's going on.

Really? I need to watch it.

ue0SqDN.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
how does jotaro work as a marine biologist anyway

does he star finger sea mammals to check if they are fine or something

To be fair, it is a little frustrating to have a bunch of random shit going on like severed hands, invisible babies and freaks running around with a bow and arrow then be near the half point and have absolutely no idea what's going on.
Have you seriously not played Persona 4? It's the same way with its narrative with several red herring villains until the real one shows itself.

daevious

Have you seriously not played Persona 4? It's the same way with its narrative with several red herring villains until the real one shows itself.

Not really. Persona 4 starts with the hunt for the serial killer and that forms the plot thread the rest of the game spends chasing.

Here, we've only just now received that plot thread after going through a previous one about acquiring the stand arrow. As irritating as those complaints are (and as someone who's only previous experience of Part 4 has been the Duwang scans), if you're the type of viewer who needs an overarching goal for the protagonists to head towards then it feels like Part 4 doesn't know what it wants to do, even though that's not true in the slightest.

how does jotaro work as a marine biologist anyway

does he star finger sea mammals to check if they are fine or something

I've always like to imagine besides doing research, Jotaro spends his free time fighting fish stands underwater in the ocean. DIO got bored one day and used the arrow to shoot a bunch of fish in the ocean just to see what happens.

Not really. Persona 4 starts with the hunt for the serial killer and that forms the plot thread the rest of the game spends chasing.

Here, we've only just now received that plot thread after going through a previous one about acquiring the stand arrow. As irritating as those complaints are (and as someone who's only previous experience of Part 4 has been the Duwang scans), if you're the type of viewer who needs an overarching goal for the protagonists to head towards then it feels like Part 4 doesn't know what it wants to do, even though that's not true in the slightest.
Even still it's a plot they diverged from just to have random hijinks, till the end of course.

Betty

Banned
it was already mentioned in the show how Susie Q flipped out when she discovered Joseph had an affair and from what Jotaro says she just found out, so she should be alive.

Thud

Joseph is 79 years old. He's aged because he stopped actively using Hamon.

Besides Erina got to be 81 before she died.

cntr

Banned
Can't wait for the arc where Lisa Lisa arrives in Morioh to teach her grandson how to fight good, while Okuyasu gets into the awkward situation of finding her hot.

(i wish)

Betty

Banned
So the cold opening to the entire season makes much more sense now.

At the time I just figured it was the work of the guy who got turned into a rock and forgot about it, but obviously now it takes on a new meaning.

That's some foreshadowing.

At the time I just figured it was the work of the guy who got turned into a rock and forgot about it, but obviously now it takes on a new meaning.

The more I see the opening the more I see Kira teasings.

Kthulhu

When I saw that with some friends who hadn't read the manga I was getting super hype and they kept looking at me like I was a freak.

cntr

Banned
Angelo and Kira are parallel characters, if you think about it -- an impulsive serial killer who constantly gets caught, and is the first battle vs. a methodical serial killer who's never been caught, and is the final boss.

Nottle

Dio's flair comes with how sadistic and reckless he is but it also helps that he has a supernatural healing factor and traits to fall back on. Opposite of Jotaro considering how cautious he can get when he encounters a stand user. Remember he had a tough time against those Rats even with Time Stop?
The range was a very big facor there. Remember Jotaro had problems with other small stands like Tower of gray.

Except for the time he could fly and teleport into manholes.
I always assumed he just stopped time and went through the manhole just to fuck with Dio.

StoneFox

While Jotaro being a marine biologist is kinda hilarious to me, I would absolutely love an episode following Joseph's career as a real estate agent. Hell, a whole spin-off series.

Top Bottom