• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Kira stand is one of the flashiest stand in JoJo
Very surprised to hear its lacking.. explosion is cool and its usage is very strategic.

Btw why everybody say jotaro should just time stop and closing to kira? Pretty sure he dead at second if he does that.

You just know if it were Dio he'd be messing with Kira. One second Kira's tugging on his coat, the next his clothes are on backwards with shoes on his hands. Jotaro's got no flare. For real there's a ton of things Jotaro can make happen in stopped time and still be back in his starting position by the end; especially in anime time. Throwing something in stopped time even. I'm not letting that bother me though, Za Warudo is too OP I'm not gonna over think it.

Caj814

Dio's flair comes with how sadistic and reckless he is but it also helps that he has a supernatural healing factor and traits to fall back on. Opposite of Jotaro considering how cautious he can get when he encounters a stand user. Remember he had a tough time against those Rats even with Time Stop?

Dio's flair comes with how sadistic and reckless he is but it also helps that he has a supernatural healing factor and traits to fall back on. Opposite of Jotaro considering how cautious he can get when he encounters a stand user. Remember he had a tough time against those Rats even with Time Stop?
That's cause instead of getting shook by the time stopping they just altered their shot trajectory.

cntr

Banned
Dio could jump huge distances with vampire strength, while Jotaro is just a normal human whose build isn't even suited to moving fast.

Astral

Killer Queen allows Kira do live his peaceful life as a serial killer. He doesn't have to worry about anyone finding the bodies of his victims because he can just erase them, thus letting him sleep soundly. It's perfect for him. I guess Araki could have found another way to do this besides explosions but explosions are cool.

Killer Queen allows Kira do live his peaceful life as a serial killer. He doesn't have to worry about anyone finding the bodies of his victims because he can just erase them, thus letting him sleep soundly. It's perfect for him. I guess Araki could have found another way to do this besides explosions but explosions are cool.
Killer Queen could've been an acid stand that just flat out dissolved bodies.

JohnDoe

Banned

That's not fair those rats were smarter than DIO.

Sou Da

Killer Queen could've been an acid stand that just flat out dissolved bodies.

Could have been The Hand.

turmoil

Banned
I was just thinking that Echoes with his long range + boom onomatopoeias would surpass KQ in the explosive game (not so on the cover up of the murders obviously)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You know, now it has been mentioned, swapping the powers of the Hand and the Killer Queen (although not the designs per se) makes... total sense, actually.

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah, Killer Queen could have had The Hand's powers or been less flashy

But then it wouldn't have walked straight out of the song that inspired it so perfectly, so fuck that noise

Sou Da

You know, now it has been mentioned, swapping the powers of the Hand and the Killer Queen (although not the designs per se) makes... total sense, actually.
I wonder if Araki has ever thought about it, or maybe considered giving someone with a hand fetish that stand was to on the nose even for him.

Dio could jump huge distances with vampire strength, while Jotaro is just a normal human whose build isn't even suited to moving fast.

So Jotaro's in the middle of the room and Kira is at the edge of the room. Star Platinum's range is 2 meters and Star Finger is another 2 meters? Also remember the fight with Darby? Star Platinum can make things happen faster than the blink of an eye once you're in his range. I'm sure Kira will get trickier as the show goes on and this won't be as much of an issue but you can't dick around so close to Star Platinum with The World like this episode.

Why is everyone complaining about Jotaro not using Za Warudo saying that he had enough to time to get to Kira? Did everyone suddenly forget how fucking bullshit Dio's monologues were within his """"""""""""5 seconds"""""""""""""" of stopped time? Or is everyone using that as a metric for some reason?

Magwik

Banned
Jotaro knows nothing about Kiras stand, regardless if he gets close or not he can easily get fucked. Save ZA WARUDO for a desperate situation.

Soriku

It's unlikely Kira or Killer Queen would be capable of doing anything in a time stop state though...

That said unless there's a back entrance in that store, or the bomb created a really good camouflage, I'm curious how Kira is going to get out :p

Magwik

Banned
It's unlikely Kira or Killer Queen would be capable of doing anything in a time stop state though...

That said unless there's a back entrance in that store, or the bomb created a really good camouflage, I'm curious how Kira is going to get out :p
Jotaro has a second of stopped time. After that he's completely vulnerable.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I really love how we cant just say the world, it absolutely has to be za warudo and its universally agreed upon

RIP Shigechi. That little shit was growing on me.

But damn, as a kid having anything happen to your parents is rough. That comment must've legit scared him.

What a way to go too. Shows just how far Kira is willing to go, even if we already heard that from the murder stories.

Raxus

CyOMVBz.png

NEO0MJ

You guys should just accept that heroes in JoJo forget things because reasons =P

RIP Shigechi. That little shit was growing on me.

But damn, as a kid having anything happen to your parents is rough. That comment must've legit scared him.

It was so sad. He didn't even care about himself in his final moments he just wanted to protect his family.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

The crux of the issue is that Kira is a big unkown, going in head first is not Jotaro's thing. He would have also left Koichi to get exploded.

Hypron

The crux of the issue is that Kira is a big unkown, going in head first is not Jotaro's thing. He would have also left Koichi to get exploded.

Yep. And he's seen enough stands to know you can't assume anything about your opponent. What if Killer Queen could also move in time stop? We know there are two stands that can do it (Za Warudo and Star Platinum), so it's fair to be on the lookout instead of rushing in, especially when there's a very menacing stand right in your path.

Ascheroth

Why is everyone complaining about Jotaro not using Za Warudo saying that he had enough to time to get to Kira? Did everyone suddenly forget how fucking bullshit Dio's monologues were within his """"""""""""5 seconds"""""""""""""" of stopped time? Or is everyone using that as a metric for some reason?

Talking is a free action :p
But actually doing something is not. Jotaro can't stop time for long enough to do something meaningful to Kira. Get close to him? Maaaybe, but after that, what? They know Kira is a Stand user, and assumedly a powerful one. They have no idea what his Stand is capable of. It just doesn't make sense for Jotaro to time-rush towards Kira.

Rohan is 20... Reimi was murdered when he was four.
I found my way onto TV tropes while looking for a picture of Killer Queen's hand button and if stated 20 yea, not sure if it's spoiler information or just incorrect just throwing it out there.

Also DiU is a lot more interesting retroactively when you have some idea of what the fuck is going on.

cntr

Banned
That's a thing about DiU that makes it so good, the structure shows itself as you go through it.

that's why people get so irritated by "where's the plot, this all seems unconnected" complaints

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
That's a thing about DiU that makes it so good, the structure shows itself as you go through it.

that's why people get so irritated by "where's the plot, this all seems unconnected" complaints
Theres still that one plot hole.
Why does jojo loves the whales.
I kid.

Top Bottom