• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Next Ep preveiw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo3kRru5w_Q

When they make fun of dolphins
hB3sbBg.png

cntr

Banned
Again, don't watch if you want to avoid spoilers.

also holy shit they got Shigechi to do the episode preview voice over

Auctopus

I've been hammering through the show for the last month and a bit. I've really enjoyed it and have finally reach Diamond Is Unbreakable.

Just a quick question: Does the animator/illustrators change each season or do they come in and out similar to writers? I felt like there was a small visual change in Season 2 but there's quite a stark one in DIU.

cntr

Banned
Araki was copying Fist of the North Star's artstyle, but in DiU, he started developing his natural style. The anime uses the same artstyle as the manga near the end of Part 4. The animation team is still more or less the same.

This weeks episode looks good. Its gonna be the fucking shit.

As if the Dragon Ball Z parallels couldn't go beyond what's already been established.

Seriously, why I won't be surprised Koichi's hair turns blond and he begins glowin' & shit?

Well in the manga Koichi is blonde. Koichi has more hair colors than Josuke has clothes.

Blonde in manga, blue in the games and grey in the anime.

cntr

Banned
Jojo doesn't have canon colors. Araki's color artwork, like volume covers, uses color for effect than accuracy.

It's one of the best parts of Jojo. Just look at how the anime hints at Morioh having an "illness" with the yellows, purples, and greens everywhere.

(I should note that Koichi isn't blond in the manga, he's blond in the Shuesha digitally colored manga. The colors for those aren't picked or done by Araki.)

That just sounds inconsistent, if you ask me.

yeah well that's how jojos is, characters don't have pre set color pallets so people are kinda free to pic which color fits best

translation of the voice over in the preview

Shigechi: I didn't study or exercise, but my papa and mama said that they loved me the most out of all the people in the entire world! I'm glad I was born as their child! Josuke.. Please, catch Kira!!

Auctopus

yeah well that's how jojos is, characters don't have pre set color pallets so people are kinda free to pic which color fits best

Not the Manga and only a newbie watcher of the Anime but after finish Stardust Crusaders, that is something I've really loved. It shows so much expression, characters suddenly appearing bright green and purple really adds to the emotions they show.

Key art looking great in that nep

Shigechi: I didn't study or exercise, but my papa and mama said that they loved me the most out of all the people in the entire world! I'm glad I was born as their child! Josuke.. Please, catch Kira!!
christ

I guess this is what he said when he finally stopped screaming into the after life.

Blues1990

This weeks episode looks good. Its gonna be the fucking shit.

Well in the manga Koichi is blonde. Koichi has more hair colors than Josuke has clothes.

Blonde in manga, blue in the games and grey in the anime.

I get that, but it's a bit extreme that Koichi's hair colour fluctuates from different media in the JoJo franchise.

Blues1990

Nah all three koichi hair colors first showed up in manga volume covers

latest

latest

2788791-30.jpg

Ah, alright. At least this makes more sense that the games and anime have something to take inspiration from, instead of Araki thinking of "Boy, I wonder what Josuke would look like with a plaid pompadour?"

Top Bottom