• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

8-bit version of chase

Could you imagine this pretty ass motherfucker walking around in the nuclear wasteland of Fist of the North Star?

I wanna be Hokage!

latest

-Hirohiko Araki

Since we're talking about how "weird" Araki can be, here are some more comments from some of the volumes DiU was collected in around 24 years ago:

I'm really into "Complete Illustrated Guide to _____" - Style Books, so whenever they release one (Whether it's a picture book of dinosaurs or a dictionary of movie stars), I buy it immediately.
I just get drawn into the little details, like hometowns, birthdates, favorite foods... and I end up reading them over and over.
Lately, the two I've been enjoying the most are "The Complete Supermodel Catalog" and "Cats of the World". They're just both so graceful!

Whenever I have to draw a hospital, or a drug store, or a temple, or whatever, I always try to take pictures for reference. But taking those picture is pretty nerve-wracking. Whenever I ask permission, people always ask back, "What're you using them for?" "You work for a magazine or something?" "Who are you, anyways?" and stuff like that, and then, inevitably, "Well, the manager isn't here today, so come back tomorrow and ask then." Come on, I just want to use them for reference! I'll even give you candy!

The Many Albums that make me cry
These are my top 10 from the 70's, in no particular order. You might love them or hate them but I guarantee if you listen to them you'll cry.
Led Zeppelin - "Physical Graffiti"
Chicago - "Chicago VII"
"Saturday Night Fever" Soundtrack
Curtis Mayfield - "Superfly"
Marvin Gaye - "What's going on"
Jackson Brownie - "Late for the sky"
Pink Floyd - "Dark Side of the Moon"
Sex Pistols - "Never mind the Bollocks"
George Benson - "Breezin'"
Carpenters - "Now & Then"

Yonafunu

I've had this fabulous asshole on my shelf for years, waiting for his anime debut. It's actually the first figure I ever bought, I saw it in Japan and just had to get it.

FIG-IPN-6044.jpg

Squishy3

I've had this fabulous asshole on my shelf for years, waiting for his anime debut. It's actually the first figure I ever bought, I saw it in Japan and just had to get it.

FIG-IPN-6044.jpg
I have the alternate color version of it, but he lost half of his left foot in an accident.

medi81791.jpg

i fixed it everything's ok now nothing to worry about

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man this is like trying to avoid spoler for Berserk because the new anime just started and its been more than 30 years since it started. Except jojo is way more popular and part 7 didnt spend 7 years on a boat.

Squishy3

I guess he either means the haircut or foot comment? I've got no idea as I'm an anime only watcher but Cntr is fairly reasonable and a nice guy so no need to be aggressive he just wants the best for everyone in the thread.
Losing half of his left foot in an accident is actually referring to my figure specifically, it's missing half of his foot. :lol

I don't think he was responding to me tho
Whoops. JadedWriter is a good person too though and the same goes for them :p
Losing half of his left foot in an accident is actually referring to my figure specifically, it's missing half of his foot. :lol
That was my assumption. But again, haven't seen anything past the anime ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Edit:BTW, when Amiami figures get sold out do they get restocked or is it a "when it's gone it's gone" thing?

Breads

Banned
It's cool that the Kira figma has both tie options. As much as I love the tie it bugs me how we always see the cool KQ tie on Kira as depicted during the peaceful life arc.

OT but man I keep checking to see when the Bloodborne figmas are going on sale. I'm so damn hyped about it - figmas make for great collectibles.

Thud

No reason to put so much attention on it, makes it bigger than it actually is.

But yeah, when you say this spoiler is okay, you'll say the next few are also okay. So putting it out before it spreads is probably a better course of action.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, that's the main reason I'm so picky about even small spoilers, they start making people talk about bigger ones

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I need to get back into Berserk (i'm still at the boat lol) but miura is slow.
Next chapter will revitalise berserk.
Believe it!
Yeah, that's the main reason I'm so picky about even small spoilers, they start making people talk about bigger ones
The point where character names and stand names are considered spoiler territory is where it gets bad. Part 6 and 7 am cry. Maybe the U.S. name changes will rectify this.

cntr

Banned
I personally believe Miura died a long time ago, and an intern is painstakingly drawing every page using the notes he left behind. The hiatuses are a front to pretend he's still alive.

Hypron

Man this is like trying to avoid spoler for Berserk because the new anime just started and its been more than 30 years since it started. Except jojo is way more popular and part 7 didnt spend 7 years on a boat.

How do you figure? Most of the series isn't even officially translated in English...

And I mean, how fucking hard is it not to talk about the manga. We've got a dedicated thread for it.

cntr

Banned
Jojo's always been huge in Japan and Europe, and the anime's making it big in English too.

also most Berserk discussion today is about hiatuses and how bad the anime is

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Jojo's always been huge in Japan and Europe, and the anime's making it big in English too.

also most Berserk discussion today is about hiatuses and how bad the anime is
The games, ovas, and even the early part 3 release didnt get people on board for jojo at the time. It wasnt until part 4 and 5 duwang translation that people got on board.

Hypron

My local manga
doujin translater
book store hooks me up.

I was more talking about the "way more popular" part. It's definitely one of the most influential and famous manga in Japan, but when most of it isn't even translated officially it's unfair to assume it's fair game to post spoilers and stuff on a English language forum.

Top Bottom