• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Thud

Jojo's always been huge in Japan and Europe, and the anime's making it big in English too.

also most Berserk discussion today is about hiatuses and how bad the anime is

Yeah, I would say France, Germany and Italy were definitely consuming it whole. They still do, look at how the latest Lupin III anime was premiered in Italy first then Japan.

Berserk is on a regular schedule now, although we can never say for sure a hiatus won't happen soon. The latest anime is bad, but a lot gave up on shitting on about it. I hope at least for anyone careless enough to buy it that the sound design is fixed. Can't remember the last anime that fucked up sound that bad.

Demoli

Yeah Araki's best art is mid way part 3- end of p4.

I actually really dislike the artstyle he went for in p5 and p6, but midway through p7 he recovered i feel.

The worst is when he revisits old characters in newer artstyles, looking and p1 and p2 characters in jojonium is just wierd man.

France is way more receptive to anime and manga as a whole. The U.S. is a large factor too by sheer force of population, but on average a Frenchman would be more likely to buy manga or show interest in an anime then an American. It has enough cultural impact where a mangaka could be small in Japan but successful in France. JoJo's is quite popular in France and Italy. America, Japan and France easily have the strongest comic markets so that helps. Italy isn't a slouch either.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

I actually really dislike the artstyle he went for in p5 and p6, but midway through p7 he recovered i feel.

The worst is when he revisits old characters in newer artstyles, looking and p1 and p2 characters in jojonium is just wierd man.
Dio(even you can even call him that) looks really bad in on the new hardcover. He doesnt look like asshole dio and something is wrong with his waist on the back cover.
Holy shit, almost spoiled shit.
Trying to not talk about jojo spoilers-trying not to get hit by a deadly queen.

Debirudog

Dio(even you can even call him that) looks really bad in on the new hardcover. He doesnt look like asshole dio and something is wrong with his waist on the back cover.

Trying to not talk about jojo spoilers-trying not to get hit by a deadly queen.

That's the bad thing with the new art. The facial designs aren't as varied. Part 4 is the best when it comes to that.

When people talk of other parts I get confused haha.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The jojonium covers vary in quality. Part one dio looks fine, even if he's not as big as original Dio and has a bizarrely small waist, while part three dio looks really off.

tumblr_inline_n5137qr8pU1ryu3hd.jpg
tumblr_o4s3n4aL361ubyhoco2_r1_1280.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
^Thank god the english logo covers his waist in part 1 so i can put it on my self but i aint even touch part 3 with a ten foot pole. Short hair dio is a crime against crotchless chap wearers.
That's the bad thing with the new art. The facial designs aren't as varied. Part 4 is the best when it comes to that.

When people talk of other parts I get confused haha.
I do too. I feel like the best part of jojo for me was in Part 3, i got spoiled on what his stand looks like and have yet to see to what does, so when I saw him at the top of the stairs i was like:
"Oh shit what he gonna, why is he standing there, wtf is Polnareff doing back at the bottom ohshitohshitoshit."
That solidified my love for jojo.

Breads

Banned

Did you like... not read part 7 at all? Although his renditions of other characters aren't great the art in the manga itself is top notch.

I was thinking about how Araki could branch out of music names for stand names. File-sharing programs might make for quite a theme! Kazaa, Limewire and Napster sound like good stand names.

Episode 22

Shigechi's death scene was freaking painful to watch. Little guy didn't deserve to go out like that. :(

So uh, did Stand users always get a notification when another Stand user dies? I know Stand users are attracted to one another, but I don't remember that tidbit.

Kira is a fantastic step up from DIO and Kars.

DIO was an egotistical vampire, and Kars a psychotic zombie, but no matter what crazy horrible things they did they always had this colourful flair around them that made them fun to watch and even laugh at sometimes.

There's nothing fun or funny about Kira. This guy's a cold-blooded no-nonsense murderer through and through. He doesn't boast, he doesn't prat on and on about superiority, he just kills because he can, and he makes sure he gets away with it while leaving no trace behind.

All while under the guise of a normal chill dude living down the street who just wants to live a quiet life with a disembodied hand.

Terrifying.

Raxus

So uh, did Stand users always get a notification when another Stand user dies? I know Stand users are attracted to one another, but I don't remember that tidbit.

DIO was an egotistical vampire, and Kars a psychotic zombie, but no matter what crazy horrible things they did they always had this colourful flair around them that made them fun to watch and even laugh at sometimes.

There's nothing fun or funny about Kira. This guy's a cold-blooded no-nonsense murderer through and through. He doesn't boast, he doesn't prat on and on about superiority, he just kills because he can, and he makes sure he gets away with it while leaving no trace behind.

All while under the guise of a normal chill dude living down the street who just wants to live a quiet life with a disembodied hand.

Terrifying.
Stands are an extension of life force. Koichi used his last remaining breath so to speak to send a message to Josuke. The fact a rather unkillable stand like Harvest died could have only meant that it's user was killed. Same thing happened with Iggy in Stardust Crusaders. His sand began to 'melt' away.

Also you don't fuck with David Bowie. His takedown this episode basically cements him as a God tier villain.

petran79

Banned

Terrifying.

We get to know Dio and Kars a little bit more, both regarding their past but also their motives to change the world. They'd rightly consider themselves superior to humans. Kira on the other hand has no real motives to change the world. He just wants to satify his demented lust.

Did you like... not read part 7 at all? Although his renditions of other characters aren't great the art in the manga itself is top notch.

I agree with the previous poster. Not that part 5-7 did not have great art, it is just that all characters look so serious. I see hardly anyone laugh or being in a wacky situation. Even when Jotaro was so serious, the rest were not. Part 6 goes strictly to seinen territory. An anime adaptation of the next arcs would be very boring regarding character expressions. They'd need to change direction or artstyle drastically. Part 4 is fit for TV adaptation but this is really the limit regarding the manga material. I'd hate it to get the CGI animation of the video games though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Some desperately needed posing was done today.

I also love how Araki took the time to diss electic range stovetops in the middle of everything.

petran79

Banned
Yo.

This is the Part 4 anime thread. Not the manga thread.

But he compared Dio and Kars to Kira. How should I reply?
Also talking about TV adaptation differences of part 4 could be both here but also the general Jojo anime thread
Differences not compared the manga, but to the previous series

cntr

Banned
I mean that you shouldn't start talking about future parts. It tends to cause people to start talking about spoilers.

Star Platinum is always going to be weird in animation I guess. You have SP stopping time for two seconds but punching 100 billion times it punches at the speed of light so whatever. But then when Koichi is on the other side of the room Jotaro can't get over there fast enough? Speed of light, what? There's also the exposition in the stopped time but that will always flow better in the manga.

Act 3 really looks like it was designed by Toriyama in animation form.

Also I love the idea behind Sheer Heart Attack. Dumb, slow, simple but extremely powerful and completely indestructible...well almost, I guess it's implied if you hit it enough times it would break but even Jotaro couldn't do it, so its functionally unbreakable.

And this doesn't mean Kira has two stands - Sheer Heart Attack is a power of Killer Queen, like Echoes has Act 1/2/3 and Star Platinum has SP's The World

Guess Who

Banned
And this doesn't mean Kira has two stands - Sheer Heart Attack is a power of Killer Queen, like Echoes has Act 1/2/3 and Star Platinum has SP's The World

I think people are (understandably) confused because this episode had a Stand stat page for Sheer Heart Attack as if it were its own Stand.

Top Bottom