• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

cntr

Banned
Someone explain to me why SHA says "Look at me" all the time though. Is there anything to it? If that's a spoiler, just tell me it is and leave it at that, I don't wanna know in advance.
It's trying to distract the targets from running away, that's all.

Betty

Banned
Honestly, I don't understand why Kira would have an ability like Sheer Heart Attack.

Unless he kept his victims alive and used it as an insurance in case a victim tried to escape while he wasn't home it doesn't make much sense why he'd have it.

And how can he tell when it's finished it's task? Does he set the number of humans it has to kill before returning to him? Can it even return to him? Does he always need to pick it up?

What if Jotaro and Koichi had escaped the shop and ran away, would SHA continued killing anyone nearby indiscriminately non stop?

What the hell did Echoes Act 3 actually do!? Gah.

"There's nothing really to explain" - Echos Act 3

Yeah buddy there is, clue us in!

Squishy3

Judging by it's "That wasn't a human" statements it knows when its explosion is triggered by coming into contact with a human and when it isn't.

It just can't identify humans by the heat signatures.

Honestly, I don't understand why Kira would have an ability like Sheer Heart Attack.

Unless he kept his victims alive and used it as an insurance in case a victim tried to escape while he wasn't home it doesn't make much sense why he'd have it.

And how can he tell when it's finished it's task? Does he set the number of humans it has to kill before returning to him? Can it even return to him? Does he always need to pick it up?

What if Jotaro and Koichi had escaped the shop and ran away, would SHA continued killing anyone nearby indiscriminately non stop?

My theory is that it developed when a victim got away from kira, and he could not initially find her, so Sheer Heart Attack developed to make sure she was dealt with. And Echoes Act 3 makes thing heavier. There's nothing really to explain.

While the above theory is sound. I don't think that users decide how they're stand works or have much influence over it outside of personality.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
In theory was there more to Harvest than just collecting stuff? Because collecting stuff for Jotaro is what Star Platinum did in beginning of SC.

I think the fact he could have hundreds of the little guys, who could attack independently, operate a city wide range, and could shrug off some being destroyed, made the stand very powerful overall. While each alone was pretty weak, they could likely do some sort of "Death by a thousand cuts" type attacks. Its likely one of the more versatile stands.

For Sheer Heart Attack, I'm pretty sure its for taking care of witnesses. Kira leaves it behind, while he escapes. Though like others have said, you can't really decided what your stand does, that just what Kira seemed to use it for.

Permanently A

Sheer Heart Attack is a relentless bomb that kills without leaving a trace and lets Kira be far, far away from the action.

Its an indispensable tool for a serial killer that doesn't want to be caught.

Betty

Banned
My theory is that it developed when a victim got away from kira, and he could not initially find her, so Sheer Heart Attack developed to make sure she was dealt with. And Echoes Act 3 makes thing heavier. There's nothing really to explain.

Okay that makes sense.

Sheer Heart Attack is a relentless bomb that kills without leaving a trace and lets Kira be far, far away from the action.

Its an indispensable tool for a serial killer that doesn't want to be caught.

That would make sense if Kira didn't want to keep trophies, but I suppose thinking about it further, there might be some scenarios where it is useful.

Kira just doesn't seem like the type to leave anything to chance, but maybe he's got lucky and Shear Heart Attack got the right victims without any issues up till now.

Okay that makes sense.

That would make sense if Kira didn't want to keep trophies, but I suppose thinking about it further, there might be some scenarios where it is useful.

Kira just doesn't seem like the type to leave anything to chance, but maybe he's got lucky and Shear Heart Attack got the right victims without any issues up till now.
Well, he didn't even know other people had stands before and it's not like anything else could stop SHA and since its an invisible explosive to most then it just makes their death look accidental.

Hatty

Someone explain to me why SHA says "Look at me" all the time though. Is there anything to it? If that's a spoiler, just tell me it is and leave it at that, I don't wanna know in advance.

I thought it was a cool contrast thing, Kira doesn't want to stand out but he has this bomb that constantly wants your attention

Betty

Banned
Well, he didn't even know other people had stands before and it's not like anything else could stop SHA and since its an invisible explosive to most then it just makes their death look accidental.

That's a good point.

I kept thinking most folk would be running away from it like Jotaro and Koichi and that might end up with situations where SHA kills the wrong target.

Completely forgot most people wouldn't even be able to see it.

TheSun

Really enjoying the show. Wish I haven't been spoiled on a lot of plot dealies, but whatever I'm still digging it.
By the way, did koichi get a nose job in the last episode?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That's a good point.

I kept thinking most folk would be running away from it like Jotaro and Koichi and that might end up with situations where SHA kills the wrong target.

Completely forgot most people wouldn't even be able to see it.

Yeah, the only thing that non-Stand users would be able to see are SHA's tread tracks. So they would probably just get really confused before exploding.

I've never been as satisfied with a show as I have been with Diamond is Unbreakable. Every episode puts a smile on my face, and each arc raises the stakes, creating a perfect crescendo. Flipping the Cinderella and Quiet Life arcs worked out wonderfully and made Shigechi's exit far more impactful than I had anticipated going into Quiet Life. This adaptation has simply been superb.

I've never been as satisfied with a show as I have been with Diamond is Unbreakable. Every episode puts a smile on my face, and each arc raises the stakes, creating a perfect crescendo. Flipping the Cinderella and Quiet Life arcs worked out wonderfully and made Shigechi's exit far more impactful than I had anticipated going into Quiet Life. This adaptation has simply been superb.
This is exactly why I must watch it after Berserk.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think Sheer Heart Attack isn't telling the target to "look over here", I think it's actually just saying "look over here" to itself, like how it announces to itself when it blows up a non-living heat source.

Breads

Banned
I think Sheer Heart Attack isn't telling the target to "look over here", I think it's actually just saying "look over here" to itself, like how it announces to itself when it blows up a non-living heat source.

That's how I take it. It's narrating it's thoughts... just like when it destroys a non living target.

cntr

Banned
The Japanese fandom explanation for Echoes is Act 1 is the "sound" of words, Act 2 is the "meaning" of words, and Act 3 is the "weight" of words.

Act 3's actual power is that it changed the spelling of "suri" (three) to "furizu" (freeze), because su/zu are written very similarly in Japanese.

Debirudog

The Japanese fandom explanation for Echoes is Act 1 is the "sound" of words, Act 2 is the "meaning" of words, and Act 3 is the "weight" of words.

Act 3's actual power is that it changed the spelling of "suri" (three) to "furizu" (freeze), because su/zu are written very similarly in Japanese.

Well, that explains it all.

So that's it's only power? That's kinda lame tbh.

SoulUnison

Banned

That...sort of makes Act 2 far and away more versatile and useful than Act 3 and 1, doesn't it?

Act 2 is almost like a Heaven's Door-lite if Koichi was really clever with it.
Hell, even Act 1 has some power of that kind, like when he made his mom "believe in him."
Act 3 is just... Conveniently, specifically perfect for the exact situation Koichi was in.

Like what if Koichi take a lump of metal and writes "gold" on it?
What if he just plain writes "dead" or "unconscious" on people?
Fuck, what if he takes a mannequin or something and writes someone's name on it? Could he emulate Surface?
Take an empty container and write "full" on it...

Man, Echoes is possibly amazingly broken.

That...sort of makes Act 2 far and away more versatile and useful than Act 3 and 1, doesn't it?

Act 2 is almost like a Heaven's Door-lite if Koichi was really clever with it.
Hell, even Act 1 has some power of that kind, like when he made his mom "believe in him."
Act 3 is just... Conveniently, specifically perfect for the exact situation Koichi was in.

Like what if Koichi take a lump of metal and writes "gold" on it?
What if he just plain writes "dead" or "unconscious" on people?
Fuck, what if he takes a mannequin or something and writes someone's name on it? Could he emulate Surface?
Take an empty container and write "full" on it...

Man, Echoes is possibly amazingly broken.
Echoes actually could be very deadly if it was used by somebody not as nice as Koichi.

SoulUnison

Banned
And no, Act 1 and 2 work on sound effects, so they're limited to the things you'd use sound effects for. The only exceptions are non-canon stuff, like Koichi being able to DORARARA people in the video games.

Take a stack of paper and write "ka-ching" on it.
Take a corpse and try words like "breath," and "heartbeat." Or what if he writes "silence" on someone while thinking about their heartbeat or breathing?
"Sizzle" produced real heat, what if he wrote, hahaha, like "nuke" or something?
Take some antiques and write "sparkle" on them.

I'd spend my days just experimenting with the limits of a Stand's powers.

Take a stack of paper and write "ka-ching" on it.
Take a corpse and try words like "breath," and "heartbeat."
Take some antiques and write "sparkle" on them.

I'd spend my days just experimenting with the limits of a Stand's powers.
Koichi probably doesn't cause he could only get the thing to really work when he's extremely pissed. I do realize that he's been able to call it out fine when he's not mad, it's just that he doesn't seem to really start using it unless his life is in danger. Dio experimented with Za Warudo constantly, but Koichi doesn't seem to be like that. Like imagine if he started writing "sizzling" on random objects? Stuff people used on a daily basis. He'd probably wind up burning people to death.

cntr

Banned
also yeah, DiU is mostly normal people fighting normal people. Polnareff or Jotaro might be okay with killing people, but Josuke or Koichi are not. Even Angelo didn't die.

Kira and Angelo are the only exceptions so far, and even Kira aims for a normal life in his own way.

Edit: also, Act 2 can only make one sound effect at a time, so I don't how you expect to make money using it

also yeah, DiU is mostly normal people fighting normal people. Polnareff or Jotaro might be okay with killing people, but Josuke or Koichi are not. Even Angelo didn't die.

Kira and Angelo are the only exceptions so far, and even Kira aims for a normal life in his own way.

Edit: also, Act 2 can only make one sound effect at a time, so I don't how you expect to make money using it
I do think the DiU cast is a lot nicer than Part 3's. Outside of Kira being...well Kira and Hazamada being an asshole making that guy stab his own eyeball most of the DiU villains just seem to be these weird misguided people that just happen to have these potentially harmful superpowers. Tamami seems to be a shit piston as well, but he's barely in this thing and he righted his ways when Koichi kicked his ass. Yukako's weird with severe temper problems but I wouldn't exactly classify her as a bad person...though her lighting that woman's hair on fire was severely fucked up.

I'm sure you could if you scheme hard enough.
Say you're going to clean ducts and just make it sound like they're being clean.
You still get paid
people do this in real life

cntr

Banned
Yup, that's what Araki was going for.

Josuke and Koichi want to live a normal life, just like Kira. Could you use Echoes to destroy everything? Sure. Would Koichi want to use Echoes that way? He wouldn't. The goal is to defeat Kira and return to a normal life, not to become the strongest.

also Koichi is a nice kid and wouldn't cheat people out of money (such dignity)

Yup, that's what Araki was going for.

Josuke and Koichi want to live a normal life, just like Kira. Could you use Echoes to destroy everything? Sure. Would Koichi want to use Echoes that way? He wouldn't. The goal is to defeat Kira and return to a normal life, not to become the strongest.

also Koichi is a nice kid and wouldn't cheat people out of money (such dignity)
Hey. You asked how we planned to make money using Echoes, I'm just putting it out there :p gotta be creative like with Harvest

Also, since Yukako's stand is her hair can normal people see it?

cntr

Banned
Yeah, normal people can see Yukako's hair, since it's a physical object affected by her stand, not the stand itself.

tumblr_ocy3lc1JJP1s2kojso1_500.jpg

Araki drew this one time

Top Bottom