• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Jotaro you are not Kenshiro, you can't defeat a tank by just punching it. Damn Jotaro got fucked up. Lol, Koichi just put a sizzle balloon on Sheer Heart Attack.

That wasn't Kenshiro it was Rikki-OH.
I always though Kenshiro was the one that beat up the tank in that FOTNS gif. Act 3 is here...BOOOOOM Posing. You know, this is the first fucking time I've ever seen a stand user ask his fucking stand what the fuck it just did.

Ezalc

I always though Kenshiro was the one that beat up the tank in that FOTNS gif. Act 3 is here...BOOOOOM Posing. You know, this is the first fucking time I've ever seen a stand user ask his fucking stand what the fuck it just did.

I swear there was a gif of Rikki blowing up a tank with the star of david or something. Though I guess it doesn't surprise me that there was a moment in FOTNS like that.

Hypron

To be honest, I feel like without Koichi Jotaro would have destroyed SHA. He was doing some good damage and was about to continue ripping it in half until Koichi fucked up.

We got Echoes Act 3 though, so it's fine.

it all shows Jojo is about the matchups over the power levels.

you could have a super OP Stand but still get rekt if you're against an opponent whose powers have an advantage over yours even if he's weaker.

we're too used to Dragon Ball.

HxH has the same concept with Nen.

Breads

Banned
it all shows Jojo is about the matchups over the power levels.

you could have a super OP Stand but still get rekt if you're against an opponent whose powers have an advantage over yours even if he's weaker.

we're too used to Dragon Ball.

Yup. It's been quoted several times now but this is how Araki solved the escalation problem found in comics and manga. Yay diversity!

To be honest, I feel like without Koichi Jotaro would have destroyed SHA. He was doing some good damage and was about to continue ripping it in half until Koichi fucked up.

We got Echoes Act 3 though, so it's fine.
I was honestly waiting for SHA to explode in Star Platinums hands and take off Jotaro's arms.

Lunar15

Man, I love the adventures of Yoshikage Kira and his Really Heavy Hand.

Also, I loved that they brought back Jotaro's part 3 theme.

So guys, what does your personal stand look like/do and what's its name?
Rule:Can't be an already created stand.
Postponing my addition bc I wanna put some thought into it.

Man, I love the adventures of Yoshikage Kira and his Really Heavy Hand.

Also, I loved that they brought back Jotaro's part 3 theme.
Yeah I thought the reintroduction of Jotaro's music was a nicely done touch. Would love to see Kira back at St. Gentleman's with that heavy ass hand.

Permanently A

stand name: Thrift Shop

ability: any item Thrift Shop interacts with gains the properties of a stand. For example a regular sword or gun cannot hurt a stand, but if Thrift Shop uses it the sword will be capable of cutting a stand and the gun will be capable of shooting a stand. To balance it, any damage dealt to an item under Thrift Shop's influence would reflect damage on the user.

Neoxon

• Stand Name: 「Fantastic 6」
  • Appearance: 6 dudes with sunglasses, white hair, white suits, & black ties. They can generate crash helmets to protect themselves. My own hair temporary turns white if they all combine into me.
  • Abilities: Can fly & has 6 times my strength, speed, agility, & sight, as well as combine into one atomic jet that I pilot. On top of that, F6 can generate crash helmets & serve as an impenetrable shield for me or up their own defense for 6 minutes. They can also combine into me & grant me 36x of everything mentioned in the 6x multiplier, including the ability to fly & activate Crash Helmet Defense, for 6 minutes. The cool-down time for after the previous ability's time limit ends is another 6 minutes, & I can't use my stand again until said 6 minutes are up.

jstripes

Banned
This episode just proves that:

- Jotaro is the best JoJo.
- Jotaro's theme is the best theme.

(Joseph is the very close second best JoJo.)

irriadin

This episode just proves that:

- Jotaro is the best JoJo.
- Jotaro's theme is the best theme.

(Joseph is the very close second best JoJo.)

Granted, I'm not a manga reader so I don't know about future JoJos, but Joseph in Battle Tendancy is the best.

Jotaro is so much cooler now that he's older and stopped trying so hard to be shadow the hedgehog

The "Autistic Jotaro" theory makes him a million times more endearing :p

Madao

Stand: Devil's Call in Your Heart

ability: lets the user beat old age and keep all his super fast and sharp reflexes as long as he has the will to continue racing. doesn't matter that he doesn't get 1st place since his stand's power will let him outlast his competitors.

the name is from an F-Zero X song and the ability would explain why Silver Neelsen is a 97 year old man who still races against so many aliens and monstrosities and doesn't quit.

Ok ok
Stand Name:Master of Puppets
Ability:15m range, able to take control of an enemies stand and use its abilities BUT can't use an enemies stand to directly attack it's user
Secondary: Battery, punch ghost like Star Platinum but 25% slower with 25% more strength to make up the difference.

cntr

Banned
hHVTDWa.jpg
from the animation director's Twitter

Stand name: The Chair
Ability: Stand is a chair, but not a real physical object. This stand allows me to look like I'm floating when I'm actually just sitting on a chair that non stand users can't see.
I have the worst stand :(

Jotaro is so much cooler now that he's older and stopped trying so hard to be shadow the hedgehog

The "Autistic Jotaro" theory makes him a million times more endearing :p
Is there actually a write up somewhere about this theory?

Debirudog

It's just so funny how Kira gets progressively angrier and the fact that he blows up the cup afterwards gets me so much as if it wasn't bad enough just whipping the damn thing off the table.

Which is why the stand actually fits him perfectly because he's basically a ticking time bomb.
Kira may seem cool headed, but he doesn't like stress.

cntr

Banned
Is there actually a write up somewhere about this theory?

It actually makes a lot of sense for Jotaro, though. People just think of him as having some kind of bad ass personality because he's an enormous beefcake, but really he just seems like an introvert shut-in. It makes a lot of sense that someone like him would pursue a career in academia.

Even in Part 4 where he's in his late twenties, he gets immediately flustered when a bunch of strangers show up and can't deal with the situation in a normal way at all. "Josuke, get rid of them." "I hate it when girls make a fuss! Scram!"

And Part 3 is a goldmine for that stuff. At 17 years old, he doesn't really seem to have any good friends and Kakyoin immediately becomes like his bestie. And later, when Rubber Soul impersonates Kakyoin, Jotaro isn't immediately suspicious when his friend starts suplexing pickpockets and eating bugs, but notices right away when he does the cherry trick incorrectly. Jotaro also does one-liners about leaving receipts like he's an accountant played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I'd be very surprised if Araki didn't base Jotaro at least partially on a real person who's on the autism spectrum, because a ton of that shit is on point.

Also, at the end of Part 3 when he's trying to figure out if Joseph is still Joseph or taken over by Dio, he determines that this man who is his grandfather who he has traveled and fought death battles with is still himself based on pop culture trivia.

Also I've just rewatched Episode 1 of Part 4 and when Jotaro sees some assholes telling a high school student to take his clothes off in the middle of the street he's immediately like "Well I guess that's just the done thing around here, some sort of social custom, I know about those" but is upset that said high schooler who people are slapping in the face and mugging for his clothes in broad daylight isn't very specifically mad about turtle abuse that's also happening.

That only works if everyone around is a stand user, other wise nobody will see the chair.

You can pull that mindgame on stand users like Jotaro smoking on a boat.

"We need to find the enemy stand user!"
*Throw the chair*
Stand User: Man what the fuck?!?!? I'm mad!
You: I have found the enemy stand user!

Though of course, if you are the only one around, they would be pretty pissed off at you...

you don't understand, coming up with stand abilities is all i do

this one is a recent one

Name: Helter Skelter
Ability: Causes the targets limbs to disassociate from the brain, making it feel like your body parts aren't your own. Body parts must be touched by the stand before hand.

basically just some general fuckery, then the user goes in for the kill

Stand Name: Neogaf
Ability: Every memory recorded in someone's mind is wiped and replaced with low quality gifs of Thor 2: The Dark World
Strength: A

Mista Koo

Ok ok
Stand Name:Master of Puppets
Ability:15m range, able to take control of an enemies stand and use its abilities BUT can't use an enemies stand to directly attack it's user
Secondary: Battery, punch ghost like Star Platinum but 25% slower with 25% more strength to make up the difference.
Sounds similar to the one I thought of a while ago.

Name: Ghost Town
Looks: Scarecrow Cowboy
Ability: Takes a snapshot of any stand it shoots and stores it in a gallery. It can transform into a half as effective version of any stand it has previously shot.

(The Mary Sue problem, my stand has to be kinda OP :p)

Top Bottom