• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Madhouse did a stint where they did a bunch of anime based on western properties.

Most notably a bunch of Marvel stuff (X-Men, Blade, Iron Man, Wolverine) and then they also did an anime adaptation of Supernatural.

This isn't from any of the Madhouse Marvel anime though; this is Disc Wars Avengers, which was animated by Toei.

cntr

Banned
Dh1T9FE.gif

SHEER HEART ATTACKO 24

Great episode. Really shows what a sadistic, neurotic, sociopathic piece of shit Kira is. The scene of him beating down on Koichi was uncomfortable.

This episode had my favorite Jotaro line with the watch. He tries so hard to be cool.

Demoli

That was a great episode, Jotaro showing up again was just great. Always good eharing the superior Stardust ost again.

Jesus Christ, say what you want about Jotaro but watching him take every arrogant evil motherfucker down a peg when they underestimate Star Platinum sheer physical power is so cathartic.

Hypron

Jesus Christ, say what you want about Jotaro but watching him take every arrogant evil motherfucker down a peg when they underestimate Star Platinum sheer physical power is so cathartic.

Yeah, Kira done fucked up when he got within 3 meters of Jotaro. I knew it was coming but I still had the biggest grin on my face, it's so good.

Episode 24

Wow... that was a great episode. It was nice seeing Kira get what was coming to him, and though I knew it was coming, Aya's death and his escape still stung. There was a lot of great art this episode, and we finally got to Jotaro's great one-liners. It was fantastic.

Also, I liked the foreshadowing, with
Fungami and Enigma Boy
showing up in the crowd at the end. What a nice thing to put in there for manga readers. DP hitting it out of the park.

Starting to see why DIU is so loved. Even Chase is growing on me. I can see this overtaking part 3 as my favorite. But yeah this definitely a slow burn and is better in retrospect.

Sweet Mother of Dio, THIS EPISODE...

oegROe8.gif

I was legit scared that
Koichi was dead. It was so nerve-racking.
And when Jotaro got up, I almost fell out of my seat. That was hype.

Kira was outsmarted, out-gunned, and out-matched. By a brat and a half-dead marine biologist.
It's almost poetic that left-hand fetishist Yoshikage Kira's last resort was cutting off his own left hand.

Man that Star platinum music still gets me hype. Jotaro is a like an anime Arnold Schwarzenegger. Complete with corny badass one liners lol.

Also, rewatching the OP for this episode, I noticed that Echoes Act 3 is now beside Koichi during the last part, when all the Stand users are together before Josuke reaches out to Kira. I thought it was a cool addition.

Neoxon

Starting to see why DIU is so loved. Even Chase is growing on me. I can see this overtaking part 3 as my favorite. But yeah this definitely a slow burn and is better in retrospect.
Wait until you see Steel Ball Run.

But yeah, this episode was LIT!!!!
R.I.P. Aya

Thinking about it more, it's a shame that Aya's death had to get censored. It ended up losing some of the impact the manga version had. I like how the anime version gave Okuyasu another chance to use The Hand, though.

fixed
isnt stuff like that fixed in the uncensored bluerays/dvds?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
isnt stuff like that fixed in the uncensored bluerays/dvds?

Not all the time. With the way this was shot, I think her death will stay the same in the bluray version, similar to how the scene with the senator running people (and Waldo) over was cut in the SDC adaptation.

cntr

Banned
This week's Duwang:

Look at your evil watch. it looks very interesting... But you don't need to worry about it anymore. But there is something more evil than that watch! IT'S YOUR FACE!

Soriku

+Koichi's monologuing and calling Kira an idiot
+Jotaro fucking Kira's shit up with Star Platinum
-Kira ultimately getting away :(

Amazing episode

So basically what we learn about Kira this episode is

1. He's neurotic
  2. Narcissitic
  3. Possibly OCD?
  4. He doesn't exactly enjoy killing, he just sees it the same way as an alcoholic or drug addict

cntr

Banned
He's narcissitic so he presents it like "ugh I can't resist these urges man" but he fully enjoys that shit, yo

So basically what we learn about Kira this episode is

1. He's neurotic
  2. Narcissitic
  3. Possibly OCD?
  4. He doesn't exactly enjoy killing, he just sees it the same way as an alcoholic or drug addict

Hes definitely Narcissistic and OCD, thats why he wouldnt remotely detonate the hand without properly 'breaking up' with it. He loves killing women and taking hands because it gets him off, and he has a pretty good routine by now.

Great episode. Jotaro had a cool moment, koichi had a cool stand off with kira and josuke was actually smart and didn't do the cliche heal the villain by accident trope.

Neoxon

For those who care, Kohei Ashiya (the animation director for JoJo) did some art for Harley Quinn in the JoJo style.

A2ee785.jpg

Top Bottom