• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Andrew J.

Name: 「Don't Fear The Reaper」
Appearance: Standard grim reaper, except the scythe is hooked to resemble the Blue Öyster Cult logo.
Ability: Any living creature within a 10-meter radius is prevented from feeling 「fear」- that is to say, from experiencing the physiological reactions involved in the fight-or-flight response. Because this Stand's ability does not affect its user, it can often land a first, fatal blow in spite of its average speed.

This is super lame but here I go:

Stand Name: 「Endless Fantasy」
Appearance: Mostly single coloured, skinny-muscular punch-ghost with shoulder pads, elbow pads and knee pads. An infinity symbol coloured the same as the pads lies across its chest.
Ability: Can make anything or anyone repeat an action that has just occurred however many times is needed. All damage, wear and tear and environmental changes are kept between repeats. However, has a pitiful range of 1m and is pretty slow. Can throw one good punch, but then must repeat its own punch to get the whole "ora" thing going. Cannot move while causing things to repeat. Whenever it starts a repeat cycle, the user must call out「ENDURESS FANTAJI」!

Tizoc

I was playing Deus Ex HR and chanced upon this
B174B89242C9043EA6525C2DEFD868FA684BAB09

Kthulhu

So guys, what does your personal stand look like/do and what's its name?
Rule:Can't be an already created stand.
Postponing my addition bc I wanna put some thought into it.

Name: Macarena

Ability: Causes anyone who looks at it to do the Macarena.

Stand Name: Neogaf
Ability: Every memory recorded in someone's mind is wiped and replaced with low quality gifs of Thor 2: The Dark World
Strength: A

ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴゴ ゴ

ReiGun

So guys, what does your personal stand look like/do and what's its name?
Rule:Can't be an already created stand.
Postponing my addition bc I wanna put some thought into it.

Stand Name: Purple Rain
Ability: Localized rain cloud that covers that covers a range of up to about 10 meters. Those trapped in the rain will see visions of those they've wronged and be compelled to confess their crimes. Also has a punch ghost form that can spray opponents within a short range with the water. The spray has shorter range and the effects don't last as long, but the visions are far stronger.

As an aside, imagine my shock at seeing there is not yet a Stand named Purple Rain.

Stand Name: Purple Rain
Ability: Localized rain cloud that covers that covers a range of up to about 10 meters. Those trapped in the rain will see visions of those they've wronged and be compelled to confess their crimes. Also has a punch ghost form that can spray opponents within a short range with the water. The spray has shorter range and the effects don't last as long, but the visions are far stronger.

As an aside, imagine my shock at seeing there is not yet a Stand named Purple Rain.
You would think a person under the influence of a Purple Rain cloud would be forced to hump a floor for a half hour.
tumblr_mawctqjTV41qlmakwo3_500.gif

Soriku

Name: I AM THE FUCKING STRONG
Appearance: A really strong fucking dude.
Abilities: Being really fucking strong.

Stand Name: Dear Hunter
Ability: The Bitter Suite: long range stand must pierce enemy with bullet like projectile. Once struck the victim realizes their most sought for dream but in a monkeys paw like twist, it always backfires and crushes them.

PK Gaming

Name: 「Don't Fear The Reaper」
Appearance: Standard grim reaper, except the scythe is hooked to resemble the Blue Öyster Cult logo.
Ability: Any living creature within a 10-meter radius is prevented from feeling 「fear」- that is to say, from experiencing the physiological reactions involved in the fight-or-flight response. Because this Stand's ability does not affect its user, it can often land a first, fatal blow in spite of its average speed.

This is a surprisingly great stand concept

I could totally see it working in the actual series

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Was toning down Act 3's profanity something the subtitle writers did or is he actually less vulgar than in the manga?
bad words dont even exist in the japanese language for one, its why whenever women get in verbal fights in anime and jdrama they do it by constantly throwing shade at eachother and back handed compliments

Mista Koo

Stand Name: Dear Hunter
Ability: The Bitter Suite: long range stand must pierce enemy with bullet like projectile. Once struck the victim realizes their most sought for dream but in a monkeys paw like twist, it always backfires and crushes them.
Isn't that basically Judgement?

Name: I AM THE FUCKING STRONG
Appearance: A really strong fucking dude.
Abilities: Being really fucking strong.

Imagine this shouted out in glorious Engrish and realise it may be one of the best here.

And maybe the spirit of phantom blood Speedwagon can appear to narrate the ability of it being really fucking strong to top it off.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I got an idea for a new dio stand.
Stand name: The Man Who Sold the World
Appearance: The world but in a business suit stuffed with money instead of scuba gear(?)
Ability: its a short range stand who gets stronger and has more range the more money you actually have/appear to have.

OS do not steal.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Please tell me Koichi's hair upgrade is permanent this time, the Guile-do didn't work for him. I also like how he can be legitimately badass when he's under insane amounts of pressure.

I've been thinking up a few stands since I was thinking of possibly making a RPG campaign based on Jojo.
Stand: 「Queen of the Stone Age」
Appearance: Looks like a very muscular women with a helmet making it look angry all the time
Abilities: It slowly degrades structures around the user in a 15m radius automatically. Things it grab or touches degrade much faster while still in contact

Stand:「Don't Stop Me Now」
Appearance: A shadowy wave with a skull-like face
Abilities: After the user tags a target, the target's momentum will be used against them. The faster they go, the stronger the stand's attack once they slow down even a bit, burning them with acid.

I have a few more ideas, but, it feels a bit too offtopic to post them all

cntr

Banned
The SHA fight is like a demonstration of "Stands can be anything". Sheer Heart Attack is a sub-component of Killer Queen that behaves like a separate stand, a "mid-tier" stand like ACT3 can destroy a stand that can in turn destroy the "high-tier" Star Platinum, and so on.

Episode 23

Just watched the episode now, since I had an event which took up my entire weekend. I'm wasn't as familiar with the SHA fight as I was with some of the earlier (and later) fights, so Koichi being undone by the stove and Jotaro creating a fire in the frozen time caught me off guard. The episode itself has a lot of great art: the closup on Koichi's face when he decides to confront SHA in the kitchen being a highlight. The whole mirror/kaleidoscope/diamond thing that happened whenever Star Platinum stopped time was amazing.

I also love how Kira was just chilling at the cafe while a stand fight was going on. I love this guy more than Dio, and this is one of the reasons why. Man, David Bowie is the coolest.

Tall4Life

After taking a short break after part 1 of the Harvest fight, I've caught up today. God Kira is so fucking good! Shigechi's actions in his confrontation with him were incredible as well. I expected him to be jobbed out quickly, but he surprisingly did a lot, and he essentially ruined Kira's perfect record.

Thought it was interesting as well that the Yukako episode was before the Kira stuff -- a big thing in that episode was changing the qualities of the person's face to make them "luckier" for love. This might be reaching, but Kira kind of mentions in this in the next episode, as he says that he is an incredibly lucky man. As a straight man, his face is quite GUREITO, so, assuming that the Cinderella stand really did change a person's luck by changing their face, maybe Kira is gifted with an incredibly lucky/beautiful face, and that helps him be so successful?

Either way, Kira is an awesome villain, and the show has definitely picked up for me. I marked out like crazy when Act 3 did the Freeze thing and Kira's hand started slamming into the ground. After one slip up his game has finally cracked, and can't wait to see what happens next. Also, Jotaro really put his thinking skills that he learned from the D'Arby fights to good use.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I was gunna ask if Magician Red itself has any heat, but I guess it's kinda on fire.

The cops at beginning of Stardust can feel the heat emitted by Magician's Red in front of Jôtarô's cell, so yeah, it's probably actual heat.

Someone explain to me why SHA says "Look at me" all the time though. Is there anything to it? If that's a spoiler, just tell me it is and leave it at that, I don't wanna know in advance.

Top Bottom