• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Crocodile

How did Kira know where Josuke & Okuyasu live (and thus do the annoying "five anime minutes countdown" - which was a bit too "anime" even for my tastes)? How does he know anything about Yukako and Aya? Those really bugged me as Kira seemed to know things he had no business knowing. That aside, the dude got his shit pushed in and it couldn't happen to a better man. Not surprising he escaped here as the narrative didn't really build up to a proper conclusion just yet.

I also now know why there are two people who have Killer Queen. That was something that always confused me about the Jojo spoilers I had seen in the past but the "Face Off" situation explains it. I'm guess this is the only real reason Aya even exists as a character.

FluxWaveZ

I like how Kira isn't a total mastermind character who's one step ahead of everyone. He clearly fucked up several times in this battle, yet was still able to get away. It was cool to see.

Him beating up Koichi was pretty brutal. Thought they might have actually killed him off for a bit there.

How did Kira know where Josuke & Okuyasu live (and thus do the annoying "five anime minutes countdown" - which was a bit too "anime" even for my tastes)? How does he know anything about Yukako and Aya? Those really bugged me as Kira seemed to know things he had no business knowing.

Haven't we seen how obsessive the guy is just from this episode? After his encounter with Shigeki and subsequently learning about Josuke and Okuyasu, I can totally see him looking up everything about other stand users that could be potential problems for him, for this exact kind of scenario.

Neoxon

How did Kira know where Josuke & Okuyasu live (and thus do the annoying "five anime minutes countdown" - which was a bit too "anime" even for my tastes)? How does he know anything about Yukako and Aya? Those really bugged me as Kira seemed to know things he had no business knowing. That aside, the dude got his shit pushed in and it couldn't happen to a better man. Not surprising he escaped here as the narrative didn't really build up to a proper conclusion just yet.
Kira basically did his research on every known Stand user. I guess it didn't help that everyone assembled after Shigechi's death.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Yoshikage Kira was playing Hitman Blood Money and decided to reload his last checkpoint.

I don't think they needed to show that with how obsessive Kira is. He has the advantage to stalk them out because they don't know him

I also now know why there are two people who have Killer Queen. That was something that always confused me about the Jojo spoilers I had seen in the past but the "Face Off" situation explains it. I'm guess this is the only real reason Aya even exists as a character.

He kept tabs on everyone after that big meeting post-Shigechi death.

Debirudog

In the anime, Kira saw Yukako go into the salon. He keeps tabs on everyone apparently, it's how he knows Josuke can heal. I mean, for Aya's shop, he can probably know it in some ad or magazine. Gotta know your town well if you're a serial killer.

Did I miss an episode or something?

How the fuck does Kira magically know Koichi is friends with Josuke and Okuyasu, and Yukako. And how does he know the CInderella chick...

What...?

Like I can maybe get the Josuke Okuyasu connection even if he didn't see Koichi during the shoe store encounter but....

How is he neurotic?

Neurosis is a blanket term, which includes OCD.

Did I miss an episode or something?

How the fuck does Kira magically know Koichi is friends with Josuke and Okuyasu, and Yukako. And how does he know the CInderella chick...

What...?

Like I can maybe get the Josuke Okuyasu connection even if he didn't see Koichi during the shoe store encounter but....

He's been in the background of like 20 different scenes.

cntr

Banned
Kira saw an entire group of people meeting with Josuke and Okuyasu right after he killed one of their friends, yo.

Wuiji

Kira saw an entire group of people meeting with Josuke and Okuyasu right after he killed one of their friends, yo.

Yeah, I don't see how it's that hard for people to make the leap that he researched all of the people in that crowd. It's no coincidence that he literally crossed paths with Josuke after the big meeting.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This episode was PURE FUCKING JOY. God. It was so good. Every minute of this episode was just amazing to see and I'm so glad Jotaro's one liners were back along with his theme music. So good. So fucking good.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

And as for how he knows about the salon itself, like Debirudog said:

In the anime, Kira saw Yukako go into the salon. He keeps tabs on everyone apparently, it's how he knows Josuke can heal. I mean, for Aya's shop, he can probably know it in some ad or magazine. Gotta know your town well if you're a serial killer.

63Kr2RM.png

cntr

Banned
There's also a small implication that Kira didn't know much about Jotaro when he can name Yukako, because Jotaro is not a Morioh local and can't be looked up in things like local phone books. Meaning he looked everybody else up.

Crocodile

I mean there isn't a Jojo Wikipedia Kira can look up in the Jojo Universe. How many days have passed since Shin's death? It's one thing to look up Josuke & Okuyasu in a phone book, its another thing to know what their stands do, know which of their acquaintances are stand users, know what those stands do, etc. It's all a bit much.

Ridley327

I mean there isn't a Jojo Wikipedia Kira can look up in the Jojo Universe. How many days have passed since Shin's death? It's one thing to look up Josuke & Okuyasu in a phone book, its another thing to know what their stands do, know which of their acquaintances are stand users, know what those stands do, etc. It's all a bit much.
4 days, according to Koichi.

Yeah, I don't see how it's that hard for people to make the leap that he researched all of the people in that crowd. It's no coincidence that he literally crossed paths with Josuke after the big meeting.

It makes very little sense that he researched all those people when in the same episode he goes "WHAT'S WITH THIS STAND. IT IS LIKE IT STOPPED TIME" in reference to Star Fucking Platinum. Literally everyone and their mom knows Jotaro has a stand that can stop time, and this fucker couldn't find that in his research?

Pretty sure Aya's shop is probably advertised as some kind of plastic surgery, he looked at the fact that other stand users seem to frequent there and put two and two together.
As for knowing about Josuke's stand well, he literally just saw it heal them.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

But Kira doesn't know everything about their Stands. He figured out that Josuke could heal people because he heard Josuke say "if Koichi's alive, I can fix his wounds with Crazy Diamond" when he was regaining consciousness. He didn't know anything about Star Platinum, and one of the most basic things about it is that it can punch really fast and hard, yet he was still surprised when Jotaro decked him. He also doesn't seem to know much about The Hand or Love Deluxe.

Kira just knows that they're probably Stand users, and he knows who they are.

Neoxon

It makes very little sense that he researched all those people when in the same episode he goes "WHAT'S WITH THIS STAND. IT IS LIKE IT STOPPED TIME" in reference to Star Fucking Platinum. Literally everyone and their mom knows Jotaro has a stand that can stop time, and this fucker couldn't find that in his research?
Jotaro isn't native to Morioh, so it may have been harder for Kira to dig up info on him. I'd assume that the same would apply to Joseph.

But him knowing about who can use Stands may be more believable than him knowing the abilities of each Stand. Though he may have had an idea about Cinderella thanks to him seeing the ads, seeing the store himself during Yukako's episode, & seeing Aya with the other Stand users.

cntr

Banned
fwiw, I'm pretty sure Kira didn't know what Crazy Diamond did. He found out by overhearing Josuke there.

Kira knows what Cinderella is because Aya was an idiot and made it public knowledge with advertising for the salon, and Kira correctly guessed she was a Stand user, and spied on her to figure out what her power was.

Kira didn't need to know more than that. He can figure out who Koichi's girlfriend and best friends are just by observing them going to school or whatever.

Betty

Banned
My reaction when Jotaro Ora's Kira

giphy.gif

That was a lot to take in, felt like a finale almost. I'll just say Aya didn't deserve what happened and Kira's luck is almost bullshit tier, but I want things to continue so I'm half glad he got away.

Also.

Soriku

Koichi got that plot armor. I suppose they need him alive so he can verbalize the identity of Kira, unlike Dio's time stop ability, and whatever role he has to play with his Stand (Kakyoin's Stand ain't shit). Plus Kakyoin didn't have Josuke to heal him up.

the thing i dont understand is that if aya knew that she was gonna die why did she bother changing Kira's face? take one for the team and let him kill you so he's easily trackable lol

like she cant have thought "man after i change his face he's gonna let me live for sure!"

Neoxon

the thing i dont understand is that if aya knew that she was gonna die why did she bother changing Kira's face? take one for the team and let him kill you so he's easily trackable lol

like she cant have thought "man after i change his face he's gonna let me live for sure!"
Fear makes you do things that you'd regret later. If Aya thought she had even a shot at living, she'd take it.

Koichi on the other hand would have been more than willing to take one for the team.

cntr

Banned
I'm always mildly disappointed this chapter of DiU came out before Face/Off, because I thought it was a reference

Also it's worth noting that Cinderella was after Shigechi's death in the manga, so Kira spying on the Duwang Gang would have seen what Aya's Stand did.

Neoxon

Also it's worth noting that Cinderella was after Shigechi's death in the manga, so Kira spying on the Duwang Gang would have seen what Aya's Stand did.
Was Aya even with the Duwang Avengers when they assembled after Shigechi's death in the manga? My memory's a bit hazy on that.

Playsage

Kira had enough time and competence to know virtually anything valuable about the gang except for stand powers, of which Jotaro's is nearly indecipherable even if "experienced"

Betty

Banned
Was Aya even with the Duwang Avengers when they assembled after Shigechi's death in the manga? My memory's a bit hazy on that.

Just about every other anime I can think of would have had him heal Kira just to keep the story moving, so glad it didn't go down like that.

Top Bottom