• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

You could have easily rewritten it to not need Hazamada (whereas Aya or someone like her is clearly required if you want Kira to both have his identity reveal but still be able to hide in Morioh). Like Koichi already knew of Rohan and was a fan. Just change the manner in which he runs into Rohan and you're good to go. So far (maybe he has big role later), Hazamada has contributed very little to the overall narrative.
Koichi didn't even want to go there in the first place though. It was Hazamada that pushed him into seeing Rohan, fan or not. Even then, when Rohan has them both cornered, he serves as an ideal opposite to illustrate what Rohan finds interesting in a person (and his forwardness towards Koichi) to showcase his odd obsession with people and his work.

Hazamada is not overly important but is used when needed, and that's okay. Just seems unnecessarily reductive say X would've happened anyway if the writer took this out and just Y'd.

Crocodile once we get to the parts where coherently explaining the rules of certain Stands becomes difficult because they seem to do whatever, Araki starts changing main character's appearances or even genders after their introduction with no explanation, or we get to a mystery where major plot threads are seemingly dropped without any reason and things start outright contradicting past clues you're going to lose your shit.
Oh I'm sure this all make more sense in context!

Style

Banned
Crocodile once we get to the parts where coherently explaining the rules of certain Stands becomes difficult because they seem to do whatever, Araki starts changing main character's appearances or even genders after their introduction with no explanation, or we get to a mystery where major plot threads are seemingly dropped without any reason and things start outright contradicting past clues you're going to lose your shit.

It just works. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Order

"I'm going to beat this child to death in the middle of the street because fuckit.

I just want a quiet life tho"

Kira investigating everyone makes sense for the character. It shows his obsession/dedication to keep his life problem free. It's not as if it'd be too hard to figure out "hey friends of Josuke and Okuyasu probably are stand users I should keep tabs on them" anyways.

big props to the VA for Kira's "I'm just a poor salaryman" voice

Yeah I'm not seeing people mention that. It waa very good.

Just about every other anime I can think of would have had him heal Kira just to keep the story moving, so glad it didn't go down like that.

Well, he DID do exactly that technically. It was just done very well.

"I'm going to beat this child to death in the middle of the street because fuckit.

I just want a quiet life tho"

tumblr_od98mmpQNO1rl6w9fo1_540.gif

You can't look away.

What a greato episode. They thought they knew everything about him and now they know nothing again.

Also yeah Aya he most likely wont show up in your show haha DavidPro is the best.

So we are getting a new ED next week?
New OP in most likely 3 weeks.

To be honest i think the ED stays until the end this time to put every character that appears in Part 4 in it by the end.

Jarmel

Banned
The writing is so much better here than previous parts. Besides David Pro's work, I'm just impressed by the leap in characterization.

Poor fucking Koichi-kun...shit. Koichi FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! Hurry up and save your boi fucking slow ass Josuke SHIT!!! "He's got his socks on inside out. Doesn't that bug him?" Why is Kira so easy to love and hate at the same fucking time?

Jarmel

Banned
I guess we'll see if this is still the case in future episodes but in some ways Koichi is coming across like the main character, even more so than Polnareff. A lot of the dramatic moments in this Part orient around him. I kinda like it actually.

I guess we'll see if this is still the case in future episodes but in some ways Koichi is coming across like the main character, even more so than Polnareff. A lot of the dramatic moments in this Part orient around him. I kinda like it actually.
Koichi redeemed

It sure feels that way, probably because Koichi has the most character development and a Stand that literally evolves. Koichi running out into the crowd and screaming for Kira to come out is one of his best moments though

Jarmel

Banned
It sure feels that way, probably because Koichi has the most character development and a Stand that literally evolves. Koichi running out into the crowd and screaming for Kira to come out is one of his best moments though

I want the finale to be a Round 2 between Kira and Koichi. Between those two it feels personal to an extent now.

But yea Koichi has by far gotten the most character development.

Kayhan

Best episode yet.

Not having read the manga I was on the edge of my seat not knowing what would happen.

How I pity you manga readers.

Koichi is such a little annoying brat. It was so stress relieving watching him getting beaten up by Kira.
Can't you just die like dodoria, please?

"Hey guys sorry I'm late? Is it already time to head home?"
Kira's a fucking maniac and I love him. Dude just shows up to work looking like bloodied horse shit.

Koichi is such a little annoying brat. It was so stress relieving watching him getting beaten up by Kira.
Can't you just die like dodoria, please?

Yeah I definitely enjoyed watching the innocent kid get abused and tortured by the serial killer adult.

Really though what the fuck.

Top Bottom