• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Best episode yet.

Not having read the manga I was on the edge of my seat not knowing what would happen.

How I pity you manga readers.

Yeah sometimes i wish i would know nothing.

At least i can get that with reading Part 8 but when that gets animated i have the same dilemma again haha

THIS SHIT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!! I knew Part 4 would be great, that's why I always got annoyed by people screaming about plot advancement. Shit's fucking awesome brehs!!!!! Just like I always knew Koichi was fucking cool. He's a better Gohan than fucking Gohan.

Star Platinum got Killer Queen legit shook

0mGJgiX.gif

I gotta say I love how smart and rational everyone is. Obviously Kira being a crazy sociopath makes him somewhat of an outlier but its justified.

When Kira started to put on his act in front of Josuke I could feel my eyes starting to roll, seen this shit a hundred times, but when it turns out Josuke played him I had to smile.

Mista Koo

When The Hand showed up it was like a reminder that Okuyasu has a stand.
I expect to see him fight at least (exactly) once, I hope I'm not disappointed.

I guess we'll see if this is still the case in future episodes but in some ways Koichi is coming across like the main character, even more so than Polnareff. A lot of the dramatic moments in this Part orient around him. I kinda like it actually.
He's the audience surrogate, we watch him grow from being weirded out by all the bizarre adventures to being a kinda-sorta hero with bizarre powers. All that while Josuke stays the badass who will always win.
The same can't be said about Polnareff, who I could easily see as Araki wanting a more "fun" character to write for.

It's super fun seeing all these scenes animated. It's even better that it's been a few years since I read DiU, so a lot of this stuff has faded from memory. Thus, when some of the more shocking moments happen, I get a moment of "aha!"

This is probably my favorite episode of the series so far. Koichi has always been my favorite JoJo companion, so any episode where he gets to be a badass (even when he's being stomped into the pavement) gets an A+ in my book.

PK Gaming

Art and animation could have been better, but overall the episode was really great. Koichi's character development finally paid off, Kira was entertaining as ever, and jesus christ Jotaro.

I love how Araki didn't underpower Jotaro in this fight. Like when Kira was taunting Jotaro about how weak he was, I really wanted him to get his shit wrecked. And his shit did indeed get wrecked.

Sooo good. Animation is on point and big props to Koichi and Kira's VAs.

Dunno why there's so much confusion about Kira knowing so much about the duwang gang. He literally passed by them on their big gathering, and given that he was curious about following up on Shigechi's introduction to Stands 101, it's not too hard to imagine he connected the dots, even without seeing their stands in action.
It's insinuated that he kept tabs on them in the manga, but this will somewhat make more sense later when a certain keypoint arrives
. Aya spammed her ability to hell and commercialized her abilities so the entire town knew about her (we even see Kira taking notice of her in front of the Salon), so of course she's the only one whose powers he'd have an idea of. It's only until he saw Josuke and Jotaro's power on display did he figure out what their powers were, so idk what's the big deal there.

Everyone in Keicho's group knowing about Jotaro's time stop is a bit muddy I admit (at least it can be excused that someone was spying on Jotaro given his involvement with the arrows). The only big half assed writing fart that STILL hasn't been explained is Hazmada knowing so many things about stand "fate". You would think the thing at the very core of Part 4's encounters would be given more grandeur or mysticism, but NOPE some random nerd knows it.

Regardless, it's pointless to get irritated about contrivances in a series that is FULL of them and very clearly basks in its own nonsense. I get that all the little things can make the experience sloppy and a little less enjoyable, but if you can sit through a series whose climaxes consisted of "lol a volcano" and "lol same stand", then you'll live through this
and oh boy, this is just the tip of the Jojo bullshit... that I'm hoping you'll come to love :)

I wanna see what role Rohan plays in all of this.

;)

Art and animation could have been better, but overall the episode was really great.

Who doesn't love a little off-model here and there?

Eh, just kidding. Here's to hoping the BR release fixes all this hilarious off-model stuff.

I love Araki didn't underpower Jotaro in this fight. Like when Kira was taunting Jotaro about how weak he was, I really wanted him to get his shit wrecked. And his shit did indeed get wrecked.

Whenever Jotaro shows up in Part 4, it's a delight. He really lets loose and pulls off some awesome feats.

Only downside being that
DiU is the last time Jotaro really gets to be a total badass until Stone Ocean. At least, for a while. Who knows what could happen? DavePro has sprinkled in a few surprises here and there that were not present in the original manga.

PK Gaming

D3CSV9r.png

Barely relevant in this arc and he still has one of the best moments.

I hope by now people realize just how monumentally important Crazy Diamond is. Josuke's like the Ultimate combat medic.

do you guys think Koichi is the real protagonist of part 4?

it's like the only JoJo part where the JoJo isn't always the main focus lol

edit: I guess part 3 is like that too, Jotaro usually wasn't the star

Astral

Parts 1 and 2 are probably the only parts that focus so heavily on the JoJo. It's why the JoJo is almost never my favorite character.

Post stand Jojo's are usually idealized ubermenchs that prop up the rest of the cast. When you see the other cast members in trouble, you usually think OH GOD WHERE'S THE JOJO.

Especially healbot Josuke.

Well secretly its Polnareff´s and Koichi´s Bizarre Adventure. They even have the same hair.

Similar to Stroheim who is a lot like Speedwagon.

Wait a minute.

This means that Koichi is Polnareffs son and Stroheim is Polnareffs grandfather while Speedwagon secretly being Stroheims grandfather.

OH MAH GAWD! It was never about the Joestars. It was about the Speedwagons!

Robert Edward O Speedwagon, Stroheim, Polnareff and Koichi are the real main characters!

I saw through your master plan Araki!

Well secretly its Polnareff´s and Koichi´s Bizarre Adventure. They even have the same hair.

Similar to Stroheim who is a lot like Speedwagon.

Wait a minute.

This means that Koichi is Polnareffs son and Stroheim is Polnareffs grandfather while Speedwagon secretly being Stroheims grandfather.

OH MAH GAWD! It was never about the Joestars. It was about the Speedwagons!

Robert Edward O Speedwagon, Stroheim, Polnareff and Koichi are the real main characters!

I saw through your master plan Araki!
MXK78Wt.gif

StoneFox

I think my favorite part of Part 4 had been how much it grew on me. I watched the first few episodes not really digging it. I didn't like the change of tone from a world-wide trip to a single Japanese town. Josuke wasn't too interesting to me and there wasn't much I was coming back for. I was mainly watching it because hey, it's Jojo.

Now Part 4 is my second favorite part out of the first four. I'm glad I stuck with it and Kira is of course an amazing villian. I'm glad that Josuke was more than just a street punk and wasn't just a gimmick of "insult my hair?! doradoradora!!" And Morioh has grown on me even though I still would prefer a more interesting setting. Can't wait to see all of Jojo animated. :)

Parts 1 and 2 are probably the only parts that focus so heavily on the JoJo. It's why the JoJo is almost never my favorite character.

parts 6, 7, and 8 are incredibly JoJo centric lol, maybe not so much as part 1, but there weren't too many characters in part 1

part 5 is pretty jojo centric too, but not so much as 6 7 or 8

Post stand Jojo's are usually idealized ubermenchs that prop up the rest of the cast. When you see the other cast members in trouble, you usually think OH GOD WHERE'S THE JOJO.

Especially healbot Josuke.

lol this is pretty true though

Hypron

I think my favorite part of Part 4 had been how much it grew on me. I watched the first few episodes not really digging it. I didn't like the change of tone from a world-wide trip to a single Japanese town. Josuke wasn't too interesting to me and there wasn't much I was coming back for. I was mainly watching it because hey, it's Jojo.

Now Part 4 is my second favorite part out of the first four. I'm glad I stuck with it and Kira is of course an amazing villian. I'm glad that Josuke was more than just a street punk and wasn't just a gimmick of "insult my hair?! dorararararara!!" And Morioh has grown on me even though I still would prefer a more interesting setting. Can't wait to see all of Jojo animated. :)

Fixed for accuracy :p

Magwik

Banned
I don't understand how this can all be so fucking great. I shit on Jotaro for and after Part 3 but Part 4 even managed to make him the best ever.

Astral

Anyway despite Kira being the only Stand user in the world to not know about Star Platinum, this was a good episode.

He didn't even know what a Stand was so I doubt he would know shit about Star Platinum. The only reason the others knew was because Keicho told them. It's the only way they would know because he gave them their Stands. How Keicho knew about Star Platinum is the true mystery.

Guess Who

Banned
He didn't even know what a Stand was so I doubt he would know shit about Star Platinum. The only reason the others knew was because Keicho told them. It's the only way they would know because he gave them their Stands. How Keicho knew about Star Platinum is the true mystery.

Okuyasu and Keicho's dad was in with Dio, so maybe Dio told him.

Whaaaat that was amazing.

It was a rollercoaster of a ride. I was like, they can't kill Koichi can they? And then Star Platinum came and punched face. So good.

And then Kira got away! Amazing.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Great episode.

Did Kira also express regret for having to live with an urge to kill? Like he regrets what he does, but he's compelled to do it like some serial killers?

How Keicho knew about Star Platinum is the true mystery.

Dio got stand users and other slaves all over the world. He had such charisma.

I doubt he implanted flesh buds in every single one of his servant or people he encountered all over the world so word got somehow around through telling or even a stand ability after his death how he died.

PK Gaming

Akira inexplicably being aware of Jotaro's powers can't be explained in-universe.

He's just an example of a character concept going south. Dude was clearly going to play a bigger role in part 4 as some mastermind but Araki went "nah, that's boring."

Top Bottom