• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

I just assumed that Keicho somehow found out about Jotaro being the one to kill Dio and/or watched his arrival into Morioh, abd spied on him and saw what Star Platinum did.

I think he knew Josuke's name when they first met, and that was right after Angelo, so he must have been spying on him.

Then Keicho told Hazmada and Akira was either told about it or listened in on Keicho from the electrical outlets.

https://vine.co/v/iIY3mBKjOW7

Magwik

Banned
I just imagine Red Hot Chilli Pepper listened onto one of Jotaros calls to Joseph where he's begging Joseph not to come and is like "don't worry I got this shit, I can stop time remember ?"

Great episode.

Did Kira also express regret for having to live with an urge to kill? Like he regrets what he does, but he's compelled to do it like some serial killers?

He sees it as an addiction, like drugs or alcohol, but it's mostly self justification. He doesn't really regret it or want to change.

It's lust combined with power and control.

Akira inexplicably being aware of Jotaro's powers can't be explained in-universe.

He's just an example of a character concept going south. Dude was clearly going to play a bigger role in part 4 as some mastermind but Araki went "nah, that's boring."

God, Jojo probably has the most compelling and SUPER OBVIOUS dropped storylines. Kars being compassionate towards nature, Hol Horse replacing Avdol and redeeming himself, DIO having all the joestars' stands, "STAR FINGAH ", Hazmada/Keicho/Akira being involved in some weird cult that knows about the inner workings of stands, SEE YOU ARAKI YOU CAN'T HIDE THAT SHIT

Akira inexplicably being aware of Jotaro's powers can't be explained in-universe.

He's just an example of a character concept going south. Dude was clearly going to play a bigger role in part 4 as some mastermind but Araki went "nah, that's boring."
He knew because he was spying on them the entire time.

God, Jojo probably has the most compelling and SUPER OBVIOUS dropped storylines. Kars being compassionate towards nature, Hol Horse replacing Avdol and redeeming himself, DIO having all the joestars' stands, "STAR FINGAH ", Hazmada/Keicho/Akira being involved in some weird cult that knows about the inner workings of stands, SEE YOU ARAKI YOU CAN'T HIDE THAT SHIT

I don't think those are dropped storylines, I think Araki literally just writes stuff that he thinks is cool and mysterious sounding and then fleshes it out later.

cntr

Banned
Kars being compassionate towards nature wasn't a dropped storyline, it was the set up for Ultimate Kars having the powers of all of nature

PK Gaming

Hah. I remember seeing the chapter cover of the Crusaders + Hol Horse and getting legitimately angry. In retrospect, that might have been good in its own way, but yeah all of that stuff's pretty blatant.

He knew because he was spying on them the entire time.

Even if he was, how do you suss out someone's ability to stop time? It's impossible.

I don't think those are dropped storylines, I think Araki literally just writes stuff that he thinks is cool and mysterious sounding and then fleshes it out later.

There's no doubt that Araki throws ideas on the wall to see what sticks, but some of the build up makes you wonder about how much sway his editor had. There was something about this regarding Lisa Lisa if I'm not mistaken.

I didn't know if we were on the clear on the edited part. I could've sworn I saw people already talking about that on here to clear expectations. Sorry about that :p

Kars being compassionate towards nature wasn't a dropped storyline, it was the set up for Ultimate Kars having the powers of all of nature

I dunno man. Maybe the core result would be the same, with Ultimate Kars and all, but it seems like the motivations would've been different. How does kars go from protecting dogs/a flower, to straight up killing a squirrel? Maybe Araki thought the "I must exterminate humans to save Earth" angle was overplayed at that point.

TWILT

Banned
Man, this episode was so great. Koichi's character development finally paying off and standing up to Kira like that. Kira showing why he's such an amazing villain. Jotaro letting loose with ORAORAORA on him feels so satisfying. Also, "Do I look like a paramedic to you?" might be my favorite Josuke line.

cntr

Banned
I dunno man. Maybe the core result would be the same, with Ultimate Kars and all, but it seems like the motivations would've been different. How does kars go from protecting dogs/a flower, to straight up killing a squirrel? Maybe Araki thought the "I must exterminate humans to save Earth" angle was overplayed at that point.
That was to show Kars now considered himself "above" nature, with the huge narrator monologues about how Kars had dominated the Earth.

I wonder how Kars would be like in Captain Planet

That was to show Kars now considered himself "above" nature, with the huge narrator monologues about how Kars had dominated the Earth.

I wonder how Kars would be like in Captain Planet
Wouldn't he just walk through the Planeteers like they weren't even there and then pose with their rings on one hand and absorb their stand Capt. Planet?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You can tell how well-written Kira is when you have folks in here accepting his "I can't help it!" excuse at face value.

DiU's adaptation has only gotten better and better with each passing episode since premiering back in April. I've got to say that I really appreciate each character's voice work. I feel like right now, Jotaro is shining as bright as he ever has. His actor in addition to the use of his Part 3 theme really amplified what he was able to showcase against Kira today.

ScribbleD

DiU's adaptation has only gotten better and better with each passing episode since premiering back in April. I've got to say that I really appreciate each character's voice work. I feel like right now, Jotaro is shining as bright as he ever has. His actor in addition to the use of his Part 3 theme really amplified what he was able to showcase against Kira today.

Part 4 has been spectacular through and through.

8 more episodes, right?

39 episodes total. 15 more episodes.

Man, that's a lot of stuff to cram into 15 episodes. I'm a bit concerned they might wind up feeling rushed. Worse yet, they might cut a story arc, unlikely as it may seem.

Daisuke Ono is a top-notch VA. I can only hope Matthew Mercer can match his performance when the Stardust Crusaders dub kicks into high gear.

Man, that's a lot of stuff to cram into 15 episodes. I'm a bit concerned they might wind up feeling rushed. Worse yet, they might cut a story arc, unlikely as it may seem.

Daisuke Ono is a top-notch VA. I can only hope Matthew Mercer can match his performance when the Stardust Crusaders dub kicks into high gear.
Who is Mercer playing?

cntr

Banned
to be clear, DiU's still going to be pretty episodic, but it'll be more structured and connected to Kira.

(no don't take this as an excuse to talk starting about spoilers, manga dudes)

Part 4 has been spectacular through and through.

8 more episodes, right?

Still a ways to go as others have mentioned! I'm dying to see the third OP. The Echoes Act 3 tweak to the Chase intro was a really nice touch; classic David Production.

Truly. Ono brilliantly brings Jotaro's lighter side to life. The scene of him pressing F for Koichi was executed flawlessly thanks in no small part to Ono fitting the role like a glove. Edit: I think Mercer is more than capable! I was unsure of what to expect when he took over Kanji's English voice work for the Persona 4 games, but he performed well, and I have no doubts he'll be more than up to the challenge here as well.

Madao

people complaining about dropped storyline threads in a series that dropped entire supernatural races and powers to keep progressing.

it seemed like Pillar Men were gonna be around for longer but they were cut short at the end of Part 2 with the whole "Kars killed everyone except ACDC, Wamuu and Santana because the others were against him" since that fact came right around the final battle and also, Kars was too OP in his ultimate form so there was a huge risk of turning into Dragon Ball x Kenshiro: the Manga.
also, Ripple powers had to go with Pillar Men and Vampires since they weren't useful against regular people.

remember when there was the first Pillar Man shown and there were a ton of Stone Masks stuck in pillars? it always felt too convenient that every mask was gone after Part 2.

people complaining about dropped storyline threads in a series that dropped entire supernatural races and powers to keep progressing.

it seemed like Pillar Men were gonna be around for longer but they were cut short at the end of Part 2 with the whole "Kars killed everyone except ACDC, Wamuu and Santana because the others were against him" since that fact came right around the final battle and also, Kars was too OP in his ultimate form so there was a huge risk of turning into Dragon Ball x Kenshiro: the Manga.
also, Ripple powers had to go with Pillar Men and Vampires since they weren't useful against regular people.

remember when there was the first Pillar Man shown and there were a ton of Stone Masks stuck in pillars? it always felt too convenient that every mask was gone after Part 2.

i mean the only other stone mask we saw was the one in the joestar household. the stone masks were created by Kars, so it makes sense that they would only be in places where the pillar men are, and since Kars killed all the other pillar men, where would there be more stone masks?

also hamon users weren't that uncommon, so we can assume the speedwagon foundation probably gathered them and took care of any leftover masks and or vampires

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Araki likes to let us fill in the blanks because he doesn't feel the need to tie up every loose end. He's what Japanese people refer to as a 気分屋さん as in once he loses interest in something he's quick to move to something else.

And above all else, Araki is an artist who is also a mangaka. Which is to say, he puts artifice over functionality. While most mangaka end up tying themselves in knots trying to hold all the story threads and world logic together, Araki would rather just make the thing he thinks is cool at the time. If it contradicts something he wrote before or ends up going no where, who cares? He's already on to the next idea by the time you even think to ask the question.

Pillar men? Hamon? Sorry, that's old. I'm drawing punch ghosts now. How did Dio survive? Who cares it's Dio and I said he did. Why do Jotaro and Dio have the same power? Because I thought it would be cool.

Fans are free to fill in the gaps, but Araki couldn't care less I don't think, and for me that's the best part of JJBA.

Madao

that's true. if it was another mangaka, we'd have way less bizarre stuff since a lot get stuck in some silly ideas.

if Akira Toriyama was writing, we might have got like SSJ3 Star Platinum vs SSJ3 Za Warudo

if it was Oda, we'd probably have like 500 Dio minions around.

if it was Kishimoto, we'd be focused on how everyone had a shitty dad

if it was Kubo, it'd be just a poses manga and no fights.

Hmm shouldn't he have two sets of finger prints then?

I don't understand that situation at all.

Kira loses his hand. Josuke heals it.

"This man is dead, has both hands, and lacks a face or fingerprints!"

So where does Kira's new left hand come from? It's not like his old hand returned to him, did it? That'd defeat the purpose of new fingerprints. If it didn't go back to him, then it'd be pretty easy for the Duwang Gang to nail him down, despite his new appearance: tall, deep voice, missing a left hand, gigantic stick up his ass.

Top Bottom