• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Just watched the episode again. Without spoiling anything manga readers should look closely when they show the crowd at the end of the episode.

There are some nice easter eggs i didnt saw first.

Just watched the episode again. Without spoiling anything manga readers should look closely when they show the crowd at the end of the episode.

There are some nice easter eggs i didnt saw first.

Whoa, nice. They certainly stand out in the shot, but they're hidden well enough that I missed them on my first go-around.

wBCEisi.gif

Mariah is just the best. If she wouldnt be the enemy Joseph would totally go for it.

C'mon enjoy some sense of humor.

giphy.gif

Yeah... These were the least funny parts of the entire series to date. I mean... when you see it coming minutes in advance it loses any shock value it might've had. It's just a slow crawl hitting each predictable "humour" point until the episode is finished.

But immature comedy is Jojo! You watched this far and didn't turn it off at the earlier immature jokes in part 1 and 2? There so many of them. And part 4 is full of jokes like that.

cntr

Banned
Mariah wasn't that important of a fight, yo. Don't go around telling people to quit Jojo because they didn't like it.

TheOGB

Banned
God fucking damn, this arc has been phenomenal. There was so much to love about this episode, every major beat was executed to a T and kept me on the edge of my seat. I was so into it I came out feeling a little exhausted. It was a hell of an emotional rollercoaster.

Loved how Jotaro's awkwardly executed one-liner actually set him up for a pretty decent follow up and a punchy payoff. That, Koichi continuing to be the realest dude in Morioh, the bastard Kira actually fucking up but still managing to get away, and especially Josuke playing Kira for a fool were some of my favorites.

Damn Part 4 is so good

To avoid complications
She never kept the same address
This shit right here is exactly why I love Kira & KQ

But immature comedy is Jojo! You watched this far and didn't turn it off at the earlier immature jokes in part 1 and 2? There so many of them. And part 4 is full of jokes like that.

There's silly and goofy, and then there's immature. There are ways to make these jokes in a way that is both surprising and relevant. Every single moment of these last 4-5 episodes has been shoehorned, it felt like the episodes were written around the jokes and not the other way around. When you can see the moments coming a mile away they lose the subversion of expectation that is the literal root of all comedy.

The earlier jokes weren't immature. They may have been similar types of humour, but they were done in a way that served the narrative.

How dare this shonen series for shonens have jokes aimed at shonens, everyone knows that teenage boys have sophisticated senses of humor, only laughing at New Yorker cartoons, never laughing at a poop or a fart or a metal magnet booby

How dare this shonen series for shonens have jokes aimed at shonens, everyone knows that teenage boys have sophisticated senses of humor, only laughing at New Yorker cartoons, never laughing at a poop or a fart or a metal magnet booby

I never said "never". Like I said, these same jokes were used really really well up until this point. And then they weren't. If you're going to mock someone do the research and do it right.

zoukka

Did you start from the actual beginning of the series, at Part 1, or episode 1 of DiU, which is Part 4?

Part 1 has the least budget and style, so it's relatively janky.

Now I finished the ep where
Dio is ded (or is he!)

I guess this is a shonen series like any other, with a bit of a unique flare with the costumes and such. Dunno if this is worth following through though. It tickles the manly parts of my brain (just like Hokuto No Ken did).

Hypron

The series is less and less shounen as it goes along to be honest. The latter parts aren't published in shounen magazines anymore actually.

cntr

Banned
I guess this is a shonen series like any other, with a bit of a unique flare with the costumes and such. Dunno if this is worth following through though. It tickles the manly parts of my brain (just like Hokuto No Ken did).
Wait for about episode 10 before wondering about what the series is like and whether to continue. Trust me, it's worth it.

And yeah, Jojo starts out pretty shounen.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I remember people fretting at the lack of Part 4 segue at the end of Part 3.

jokes of Diamond is not Cartoon and Diamond is Unwatchable were abound.

Moaradin

I remember people fretting at the lack of Part 4 segue at the end of Part 3.

jokes of Diamond is not Cartoon and Diamond is Unwatchable were abound.

It was scary for a little bit lol. When the blu ray releases finished we still didn't get any teases. They were quiet for a while and then it gets announced out of nowhere.

Top Bottom