• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Christine

up2a6Pp.jpg

LMFAO

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
I think jotaro is my favorite jojo, like he a super steroetypical cool guy which is normally real lame but I feel like for jotaro its so extreme it wraps back around and becomes cool again if that makes sense

Betty

Banned
So far Jotaro is my fav JoJo too, but I haven't read parts 5,6 or 8.

He definitely fits better as support though, even during SDC he was playing that role often.

Kthulhu

So far Jotaro is my fav JoJo too, but I haven't read parts 5,6 or 8.

He definitely fits better as support though, even during SDC he was playing that role often.

I think all of the Jojos are great. Josuke is probably my favorite, and Jotaro works great as a mentor/support character. Part 6s Jojo is probably one of the greatest female manga/anime characters ever written.

petran79

Banned
Speaking of Jotaro the 1993 OVA stands out because it is the only one where you see him shed tears Hokuto no Ken style.

cntr

Banned
As someone only watching the anime, I don't feel at risk of being spoiled by someone saying they like Part 7's Jojo the best.
Yeah, I agree that it's not a big deal on its own, but when stuff like this is brought up, people tend to start actually talking about the future parts and post real spoilers. It's silly having to be this strict about it, but it's necessary.

Betty

Banned
I think all of the Jojos are great. Josuke is probably my favorite, and Jotaro works great as a mentor/support character. Part 6s Jojo is probably one of the greatest female manga/anime characters ever written.

Josuke is great but I can't compare until I see his whole story through.

ReiGun

Yeah, I agree that it's not a big deal on its own, but when stuff like this is brought up, people tend to start actually talking about the future parts and post real spoilers. It's silly having to be this strict about it, but it's necessary.

It's that people then start to go further into spoiler territory. He's just trying to stop it before it starts.

Fair, but in that case, I think it would be better to just remind people to go to the community thread rather than stopping the discussion full stop.

Spoiler-phobia just bugs me, I guess. Not a big deal.

Fair, but in that case, I think it would be better to just remind people to go to the community thread rather than stopping the discussion full stop.

Spoiler-phobia just bugs me, I guess. Not a big deal.
He does, but it's not like they listen half the time. I've been spoiled by so much stuff in this series that I don't care anymore but I can see why others would.

TheSun

Yeah, reading between the lines of some of the responses led me to some conclusions about certain characters.
Still doesn't stop me from enjoying but it can get frustrating.

it's important to remember that part of the fun of jojo is "whoa what the shit is going on," which is slightly lost if you already know what's gonna happen. Some people like knowing future events because it gives them something to look forward to, but other people prefer surprises and we should respect that.

Also this is an anime thread and we have a manga thread to talk about manga things so yeah.

King Boo

kira's escape was interesting.

did kira knew they would "heal" his hand to find him? what if they didn't heal it, would kira (and more importantly the cat stand) be missing a hand? or did he have dio's luck?

Christine

I took me forever to figure out why Kira actually chops off own goddamn hand (aside from the fact that he's a freak with a creepy dismembered hand fetish)

I'm like, doesn't SHA come off as an independent attack anyway? Why's he need to leave his hand there? Is it just a convenient way to do the chase scene?

It finally dawned on me, Koichi messed him up so bad that he won't even take a chance on getting weighed down by that Three/Freeze again.

Nice going, Koichi.

Permanently A

im just saying you've got a few seconds to deal with an extremely dangerous serial killer before you knock out, might as well rip out his jugular to be safe

Wiseblade

Strength and the Sun were situations where Jotaro couldn't punch his troubles away, rather than him choosing not to. If ORAORA is an option, Jotaro will take it.

Oh it's immensely popular in Japan. Yet all the attempts to bring it over in 90s and early 2000s either failed through complications or the ones that did make it were hardly recognized. I think folks just didn't know how to market the series at a time when a goofy semi-serious show like DBZ was marketed like a hardcore not-your-parent's saturday morning cartoon, making the series pretty obscure in the west. (Aside from Italy) It took a long while for the right fans to make quality scans and translation as scanlations grew.

The retranslation didn't get finished until like, late 2013 I wanna say?
The colored scans I think. The Invincible Trio, the one everyone quotes, didn't finish until late 2014.

Permanently A

Fun fact: when the 2012 anime came out, Duwang was still the only complete translation of Part 4.

Yep, Duwang was how I ended up finishing Part 4 since I got into the series in like 2013 through the anime. Part 5 I read entirely through old translations. I'm really looking forwards to the anime adaptation of both so I can properly enjoy them.

Just watched D'arby's Osiris and goddamn that was a good return to form. D'arby literally being unable to call was hilarious. I daresay this was the first moment I've actually liked Jotaro as a character, and it was moreso that they used his extreme blandness as a talent. Still, incredibly enjoyable and a welcome change of pace after that other awful baby episode.

Just watched D'arby's Osiris and goddamn that was a good return to form. D'arby literally being unable to call was hilarious. I daresay this was the first moment I've actually liked Jotaro as a character, and it was moreso that they used his extreme blandness as a talent. Still, incredibly enjoyable and a welcome change of pace after that other awful baby episode.
You just finished D'Arby the Gamer right? Cause if not the ordering is weird.

Top Bottom