• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

I thought D'arby the Gambler was way before Mariah.
No, that's later.

maybe you should rewatch or reread sdc
I know I need to rewatch SDC, but I just don't think I get hype for about 80% of it. There's stuff I like, but at the same time, I don't remember going "Fuck yeah this is awesome during it." Something about the cast kind of just left me cold. I think my favorite fights are pretty much Steely Dan, Death 13 D'arby the Gambler, that hand puppet thing Joseph fought, Sword stand, Mariah,
Pet Shop, Vanilla Ice and DIO-Sama.

Just watched D'arby's Osiris and goddamn that was a good return to form. D'arby literally being unable to call was hilarious. I daresay this was the first moment I've actually liked Jotaro as a character, and it was moreso that they used his extreme blandness as a talent. Still, incredibly enjoyable and a welcome change of pace after that other awful baby episode.

Based on your previous posts maybe you should skip the next two episodes.

They aren't 'crass' as you said but they are comedic.

I know I need to rewatch SDC, but I just don't think I get hype for about 80% of it. There's stuff I like, but at the same time, I don't remember going "Fuck yeah this is awesome during it." Something about the cast kind of just left me cold. I think my favorite fights are pretty much Steely Dan, Death 13 D'arby the Gambler, that hand puppet thing Joseph fought, Sword stand, Mariah,

Maybe consider reading it? Solved the pacing issue and the art is still fantastic to look at.

cntr

Banned
Part 3 should be Volume 8 to 17, so about 10 volumes. Volume 8's English release is in November and Volume 9 in...February.

ionitron

I thought D'arby the Gambler was way before Mariah.

I kinda agree. I don't think I could really rewatch Part 3 to be honest, there was just too much and I didn't particularly care for a lot of it. However, I feel like it was worth it when they finally made it to the last few arcs, it just went to a whole other level.

took me awhile to realize but Part 4 decided to (at one point) get rid of the Onomatopoeia that the Jojo anime is known for

no wonder why I felt something was missing

took me awhile to realize but Part 4 decided to (at one point) get rid of the Onomatopoeia that the Jojo anime is known for

no wonder why I felt something was missing

Uhhh, no it didn't?

Even disregarding Echoes Act 2 Jokes, I specifically remember Echoes Act 3 having a large "BOOOOOOOOM" sound effect. Its just used less.

Uhhh, no it didn't?

Even disregarding Echoes Act 2 Jokes, I specifically remember Echoes Act 3 having a large "BOOOOOOOOM" sound effect. Its just used less.
really?

I don't see any this episode

usually even if the dude is standing there with a menacing look it would have effects

I don't also count Echo tossing Onomatopoeia as one of it

I mean literally people doing actions with Onomatopoeia in the background

I think there's a conscious effort to be less 'Jojo' during the Kira segments.

Or maybe the frequent outsourcing means less emphasis on the sound effects I don't know.

I kinda agree. I don't think I could really rewatch Part 3 to be honest, there was just too much and I didn't particularly care for a lot of it. However, I feel like it was worth it when they finally made it to the last few arcs, it just went to a whole other level.
I mean who can't get hyped for a
dog fighting a boss ass Peregrine Falcon in a stand battle
? SDC has it's moments, some of those moments are hype as fuck, but there's just some stuff that I'm just not the hugest fan of and most of that are the side characters. Kakyoin's cool, Avdol isn't too bad later towards the end, but it just had too much emphasis on gravity defying pose Polnareff, whom I didn't like too much. Outside of his hair I think he's got the most boring design, least entertaining fights and smallest brain. I like Part 4 more cause the character dynamics are tight. I love Koichi and Brokuyasu is essentially just Kuwabara to me...luckily he's more useful than Leorio and Rohan rounds out the cast with his swag ass fuck wardrobe. I don't know if it's the adaptation or just DiU having more style than SDC, minus Dio posing and his fabulous as fuck model walk.
tumblr_obg5qn2ycR1s3wumuo1_500.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Even though some of the Stands aren't as interesting as later Stand, the biggest problem I have with SDC's anime adaptation is that it feels really bloated due to the pacing. It's not as much of a problem with the manga, but some encounters are still kind of too long (like the 11 chapter d'arby the gamer encounter). I'll still watch a couple of clips from it here and there, but I don't think I'll ever rewatch the whole thing.

I can't believe you've done this.

As much as I enjoyed the last episode, the animation quality was all over the place. This episode would have been the perfect spot to take a break.
Hope the tight schedule doesn't impact the budget for a certain future fight

kira's escape was interesting.

did kira knew they would "heal" his hand to find him? what if they didn't heal it, would kira (and more importantly the cat stand) be missing a hand? or did he have dio's luck?

Well all he knows is that Josuke's stand heals. I don't see how anyone should automatically assume it can also make the severed limb fly through the air and reattach itself to the body. It was basically lose your hand and escape or keep your hand and get caught.

cntr

Banned
Kira didn't expect Crazy Diamond to nullify SHA, so he probably planned to get his face changed while they fought it and just live without a hand. They wouldn't have any idea that Kira changed his face, they'd just assume he ran away from Morioh.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The DiU adaptation is definitely cutting down on the sound effects, yeah. It hasn't removed them but they are way less prominent than they were.
I honestly miss the menacing sound effect being animated the most. Part 3 did a great job using them in very tense moments/introducing enemies and having them animated made the scene so much better. Take for instance when Jotaro challenges Darby to a round of poker. As soon as he does, the rumble effect gets animated beautifully and adds a level of tension and makes that scene great. Or when Pet Shop is introduced, the menacing that appears looked so cool. It wouldn't have the same impact if they didn't animate the rumble effect/menacing effect IMO.

I had mentioned it earlier way back since episode 2 aired of this. I want my menacing back!!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
hey now

Kuwabara isn't that daft like Okuyasu!

anyway it makes you wonder, had Kars got his way he wouldn't really destroy the world right? Like the only motivation for stopping him in Part 2 was "we must kill Pillar Men".

Top Bottom