• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Kyuur

So I started a rewatch of Jojo Pt 1, 2 and the first half of 3, and we've finally moved onto the second half so we'll be coming up to 4 soon... I previously came in here just to bitch about how awful the OP was compared to all the previous ones when it started and someone said that 'it was being worked on / the director said it would evolve with the show' or something like that. Is that actually the case, or is still completely awful?

Have to say I'm enjoying Pt3.5 so far though, only having seen the first two episodes. The villain was certainly a tier above anything from the first half. Hope the rest of the season is just as great.

Edit: Went back a page or two and saw that maybe there have been multiple OPs now, so I'm referring to the first one. I'm guessing they're still doing them in house instead of by Kamikaze Douga though.

So I started a rewatch of Jojo Pt 1, 2 and the first half of 3, and we've finally moved onto the second half so we'll be coming up to 4 soon... I previously came in here just to bitch about how awful the OP was compared to all the previous ones when it started and someone said that 'it was being worked on / the director said it would evolve with the show' or something like that. Is that actually the case, or is still completely awful?

Have to say I'm enjoying Pt3.5 so far though, only having seen the first two episodes. The villain was certainly a tier above anything from the first half. Hope the rest of the season is just as great.

Edit: Went back a page or two and saw that maybe there have been multiple OPs now, so I'm referring to the first one. I'm guessing they're still doing them in house instead of by Kamikaze Douga though.

Yes they're still in house.

The second OP is leagues above Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town visually, although the song is subjective.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Kamikaze Douga's return.

Now that Part 4 has set the precedent, I don't think think they'll single it out as the only non-CG opening Jojo.

Oberon

Banned
I was waiting for this episode, it was great.
Except for one thing...
Is it just me, or do all soundeffects in this episode sound like they were made by someone with their mouth?

Diamond is Unbreakable 25

mvQGmj3.jpg
yKEV4BW.jpg
Irne4Y3.jpg

Araki returns to his classic horror vibe! Kinda. I always thought this arc was kinda weak and Atom Heart Father isn't that exciting of a Stand so its good we got through it fast since the next fights are masterful. Still, DP doesn't bother to slouch even on weaker sections. I really like how the introduction to Kawajiri was done at the beginning and end though.

Looking forward to next episodes hilarious change of pace.

FluxWaveZ

Koichi and Okuyasu showing some special kind of stupidity in this episode. I saw that coming a mile away, I don't know how they couldn't. If Josuke was there, he might have known what was up.

Hell, makes me think of Joseph and how a dumb trick like that would have never been able to work on him.

Koichi is naive and Okuyasu is a dumbass but yeah. The semi leaps in logic make me somewhat meh on this short arc. Like "Why didn't Jotaro just throw some shit at the bird? We know he has a godlike pitch" and stuff like that.

Wait, so
ghosts
can have stands?

Atom Heart Father is another seemingly broken ability with a surprisingly obvious weakness.

Araki went out of his way to make Jotaro a more entertaining character in DiU.

Tizoc

Wait, so
ghosts
can have stands?

Atom Heart Father is another seemingly broken ability with a surprisingly obvious weakness.

Araki went out of his way to make Jotaro a more entertaining character in DiU.

Stands are Super Powers. It makes it easier to comprehend them :V

Betty

Banned
New Kira's hair is pretty awesome, and he really does look totally different from before, damn.

I hope Araki keeps smoking whatever it is that helps him come up with this stuff.

Almost fell out of my chair laughing when they did the close up shot of the nails and it sounded like someone when "bomp" into the microphone.

Also, that RPS kid hype.

cntr

Banned
Stands are manifestations of psychic energy, so it makes sense ghosts could have them too.

And as Koichi says, ghosts like Reimi and Yoshihiro are stand-like entities.

Episode 25

I'm surprised they went through the Atom Heart Father fight so quickly. That being said, the thing is loved the most about this episode was the Kira's New Life segments. Those were really fun, and I really like Shinobu, both her voice and character. It feels like her design in the anime was a bit... I don't know how to put it, but messier than in the manga. She just looks more like a tired housewife who's probably had 4 glasses already despite it being 5 o'clock.

Anyway, I love the episode, and I can't wait to see more of Kira trying to fit into the Kawajiri household.

Betty

Banned
Fuck your camera old man!

Dang, I think Kira's may favorite character.
I have a chronic rooting for villains syndrome it seems.

While I want Kira to get bodied again by the Duwang gang it's really fun seeing him play a family man trying to keep up appearances.

Neoxon

Kira's new life kinda reminds me of how Stinkmeaner took over Tom Dubois' body for a bit (specifically his interaction with Sarah, Tom's wife).

cntr

Banned
btw, Yoshihiro's stand, Atom Heart Father, is named after Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother.

I absolutely didn't expect the Kawajiri reveal to be this week. I thought this was going to be a boring episode, but instead it's pure goddamn hype.

Kira stealing Kosaku's life kind of reminded me of Face/Off, but Face/Off came out after DiU ended.

I wish I had the talent to edit the old Guile SF2 win screen with Jotaro and a beaten up Kira with the "Go home and be a family man" winquote

Aw, they removed Okuyasu holding up the ham in the fridge and grossing out Koichi by talking about chopped up body parts, and his "If ghosts needed to breathe, then they'd use up all the air and living people would suffocate!" lines.

Top Bottom