• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

cntr

Banned
I appreciate that Araki felt the need for Jotaro to talk about Jewish merchants and sunspots when it's totally irrelevant.

There were also some other bits cut out, though probably for the better, like Josuke trying to explain that he just saw the Bow and Arrow while Jotaro is "uh we already got it," Kira actually going up to the safe and his hand hovering over it while Shinobu asks him to open it already, and the landlord being super nice at first before suddenly going into screaming mode.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Episode was OK. I did feel the tension in certain scenes and the new life bits were great too. Next week though!

Stands are Super Powers. It makes it easier to comprehend them :V

I know Stands don't have any set rules, but it just kinda bothered me for a minute because I thought he was just doing haunted stuff and when I saw the eye catcher, I was thrown for a loop.
lol it's fine tho.

Kneefoil

For a while I was surprised when it seemed like Okuyasu had smartened up and wasn't believing his opponent, but sure enough, he eventually fucked up.

I wonder what Araki was smoking when he came up with the idea of Kira getting a wife and kid

That's not that surprising. A lot of serial killers had a family, the Green River Killer's wife's story is pretty fucking sad because she actually truly loved the guy and had no idea.

cntr

Banned
"Is Jojo really that bizarre?"

e9Q0H4U.jpg

dan2026

The fact that Kosaku Kawajiri's wife only lusts after him after he has been replaced by a serial killer with the same face probably has some sort of deep message we could all learn from.

Betty

Banned
The fact that Kosaku Kawajiri's wife only lusts after him after he has been replaced by a serial killer with the same face probably has some sort of deep message we could all learn from.

I'm starting a nail clipping collection exactly because of this.

There were also some other bits cut out, though probably for the better, like Josuke trying to explain that he just saw the Bow and Arrow while Jotaro is "uh we already got it," Kira actually going up to the safe and his hand hovering over it while Shinobu asks him to open it already, and the landlord being super nice at first before suddenly going into screaming mode.

I really appreciate the pacing of DiU's anime adaptation. David Production has taken some liberties, though not as apparent here as other parts of the anime, but it has really paid off in alot of ways. Wrapping up the Rat and Atom Heart Father storylines each in a single episode, for example, helps the show flow that much better than it would otherwise. Kosaku getting as much screen time as he did in this episode really sets things up nicely. The shorter arcs being handled the way in which they have is what has helped episodes such as Quiet Life 1 & 2 and Sheer Heart Attack 1 & 2 blossom and execute those story arcs at such a high level.

I'm starting a nail clipping collection exactly because of this.

Keep us posted on your nailjournal.

I'm on a roll! No one can stop me.

Another great episode. Thought we dont get the reveal this week. That great David Pro pacing.

I love Kosaku Kira´s theme. Also like Reimi, his wife looks much better in the anime than in the manga. Them redheads damn.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
man jotaro is so cool

I think my favorite Jotaro moment will always be that dumb watch scene because what he says doesn't makes sense, it's not slick, and its a confusing burn, but he has such confidence he's saying a cool thing right now. it's great, I love it. Every cool thing Jotaro said is the equivalent of dad jokes within the JJBA universe.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
I think my favorite Jotaro moment will always be that dumb watch scene because what he says doesn't makes sense, it's not slick, and its a confusing burn, but he has such confidence he's saying a cool thing right now. it's great, I love it. Every cool thing Jotaro said is the equivalent of dad jokes within the JJBA universe.

jotaro could babble nonsense to me and I would still feel like he put me in my place

Top Bottom