• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

StoneFox

I really like the stand Thoth for some reason. Maybe it's the goofy artstyle or the goofy scenarios it predicts, but I've loved it ever since I first saw it. I would totally watch a spin off show of the Boingo brothers trying desperately to achieve their goals through Thoth's predictions only to have them fail spectacularly. :p

As for stands that you could use in battle, I like the The Fool, but it was seriously underused in SC. I would have enjoyed seeing more of it.

Madao

Kira does say he exercises 30 minutes every night

he did mention he does stretches.

if you can get that ripped with just stretches, then damn.

no wonder past seasons were full of bodybuilders, you could become a Schwarzenegger just by playing rugby back then.

I just had an idea.

Couldn't Josuke use Crazy Diamond on the nail clippings and follow them to Kira? Or would it not work since nails are made from dead cells?

I think anime wife looked more disheveled but manga wife was more beaten down

latest

"Better tidy up before my husband finds my crack pipe."

Higher res:

2B1.png

cntr

Banned
I just had an idea.

Couldn't Josuke use Crazy Diamond on the nail clippings and follow them to Kira? Or would it not work since nails are made from dead cells?
It's hard to say, but...

In general, Stands don't work on strict rules like (say) Hunter x Hunter rules, they work on (mostly) intuition. Fingernails don't seem like an integral part of a person in the same way a hand is.

Madao

also, doesn't Josuke have to imagine what he's fixing?

it wouldn't work this time because he doesn't know how Kira looks like now.

cntr

Banned
Honestly, you have to assume Crazy Diamond has limitations otherwise you get weird.

Like, could Josuke punch a steak and reassemble a whole cow?

It's hard to say, but...

In general, Stands don't work on strict rules like (say) Hunter x Hunter rules, they work on (mostly) intuition. Fingernails don't seem like an integral part of a person in the same way a hand is.

I already know Stands don't have rules and stuff, but it would help a lot if it was made a little more clear what Crazy Diamond can and cannot fix, besides just "not being able to bring back the living".

Kira is now inhabiting Kosaku Kawajiri's body so it wouldnt work anyway

He only changed his face and hair and the fingerprints on his right hand.

Tizoc

Time to send this to all my non-jojo watching friends and have them guess the context.

Everyone should do this.
There's a Tumblr called Out of Context JoJo, it features stuff from later parts so avoid it if you're anime only, but the theme/idea of it still holds: Take a random screenshot or page/panel from the manga, or heck show them a short scene (like Kira revealing his stand to Shigechi) and show it someone whose never watched JoJo.
Then ask them to explain it.

Breads

Banned
I'm just here to express again how joyous the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure makes me. The english clips I keep seeing are wonderful - I think I will watch the dub afterall.

Also Kawajiri Kosaku's craggy hair, man. That slow head turn at the end of the episode... I must have watched that 10 times. I get it but... it's just so fucking weird.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 25

Kosaku Kawajiri really must have been an absolute charisma black hole.

here is something I dont get. kira only changed his face, hair and hands. he did not change his body.
shouldn't the wife notice that her husband's body is different?? did kira change the color of his pubes ? did he change the shape of his penis too ??

cntr

Banned
Kira deliberately picked someone who had a similar build to him, and Shinobu hadn't seen Kosaku naked in a very long time

Direction was a bit sloppy and too fast more my taste, but overall it was good. Kira's new life segments were amazing, but some of the Yoshiro set up was duuuuumb. Maybe it's because of the manga liberties that you tend to fix with your imagination, but I didn't interpet Koichi and Okuyasu being this stupid in the manga.

This is the point in the manga where Araki's art starts to become especially detailed and unique, and where the fights become more "elaborate", so I'm a little bit worried about how they're going to handle the art direction. Edgar Wright transitions are mostly dead, and the corner cutting is becoming more obvious.

TWILT

Banned
Atom Heart Father was never one of my favorite arcs, but this anime adaptation really makes even it pretty fun to watch. Really cool to see how Kira's new life and how he tries to adapt to it.
Pretty excited for next week's episode though...

TheSun

Yeah I really miss those transitions.
At least they make up for it with different effects; such as Jotaro summoning star platinum.

Top Bottom