• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Astral

The new OP is so beautiful. I love the shot of the dead characters pointing down at everyone from heaven and the posing was top notch. It's great that they're giving that one particular volume cover so much love as I think it's the best representation of part 4. The reused shots are kinda weird but hopefully it's something they fix later on.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That felt like another budget episode, but it wasn't bad or anything. A few minor details were cut, too, like there were a few panels where the alien shows off that he can't transform into people because they all look the same to him.

The opening scene with Kira and Shinobu was handled perfectly, their voice actors are really nailing it.

The new op is okay I guess. I like it visually, but I don't particularly care for the song. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

To be honest, all the arguments about animation quality is starting to detract from my enjoyment of the show, even when I don't mind it.

I'd rather not ruin the Jojo experience for myself, so I'm dropping out. I'll catch up with the show once it's over. See you guys in December.

Why be a baby tho? Its not like there wasn't wonky shots in this episode, particularly at the beginning with Kira and his wife but it wasnt a really visually intensive episode. The parts were like alien's warping looked good

Episode 27

I really like the new OP. The shots which call back to the manga covers, like Josuke posing with his arms crossed, were wonderful. I have to admit, though, seeing shots reused was weird, especially the one with Kira turning around. I think I prefer Chase to it, though. Chase had a menacing feeling which completely unnerved me the first time I saw it, and it was jammed pack full of symbolism that I can't help but love it.

There were a few wonky shots in this ep, but nothing too bad, unlike last ep. The shots where Mikitaka was transforming were great, so it feels less budget, which RPS Kid felt like, and more mixed. I hope the quality improves, especially for the next episode.

As well, them combining Alien and Highway Star (Highway Go-Go? Seriously?) feels weird, since the two eps have very different tones. It's not like Quiet Life and SHA, since those at least had Kira as the main villain for both. I don't know how I feel about them doing this.

As well, them combining Alien and Highway Star (Highway Go-Go? Seriously?) feels weird, since the two eps have very different tones. It's not like Quiet Life and SHA, since those at least had Kira as the main villain for both. I don't know how I feel about them doing this.

eh, both involve rohan and josuke

The episode had stronger storyboarding and general direction, which helped.

Shame about the omission of some small stuff, like how Josuke was practicing some dice rolling and the dice made Bruce Lee martial arts shouts.

lkwf7d1hwoox.jpg

Soriku

Kira's wife super kawaii. His poses in the OP are cool.

Lol I loved how Rohan seemed to be a few steps ahead of Josuke, but the tables turned quick.

WHERE THE HELL IS THE DOLLAR BILL TRANSFORMATION!?
bjg1B6wm.jpg

Decent episode, but some of the shots are as fugly as last week. As someone mentioned already, it only gets by because of good storyboarding and pacing. Man, I really hate to continue being a bitch about the art, but the anime is really bland and wonky compared to the manga. I know it can't be helped and I'm certainly not going to call DP "cheap" or any variation of it (animation production, especially for 3 straight cours, can't be healthy), but there is a lot of charm that is lost by the current execution. One of the best things about DiU is the fact that the art bounces off the humor so straight that it doesn't let up on the usual intensity and detail that Araki puts out. If anything, some of the best art in DiU and all of Jojo IS from these really deadpan goofy moments.

72Va4jam.jpg

q5zOXgbm.jpg

profile.png

Sorry about the rant. This will probably be my last post regarding the art
unless they reaaaaally fuck up some important moments
since there are some anime only viewers in this thread. The constant critique of the art is starting to sour this thread a bit (no thanks to me lol), and I'd rather they experience the show unfiltered without being pushed to dislike something or feel left out by us manga readers.

Also, bonus smug Josuke from the practicing scene they also omitted.
eUmty9Zm.jpg

D-Man

The more I rewatch the new OP the more convinced I am that it perfectly captures what Part 4 is about. The bonds between these weird people with cool powers.

God, I love Diamond is Unbreakable.

An actual alien? I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually legit.
His stand ability is perfect for an extraterrestrial that wants to stay hidden.

Although, I'm curious why the arrow pointed to him if he already has a stand. Unless the answer is it can also detect existing stand users.

The new OP is great visually, but I'm feeling tepid on the actual song. Probably have to give it a few more viewings so it can grow on me.

Ascheroth

An actual alien? I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually legit.
His stand ability is perfect for an extraterrestrial that wants to stay hidden.

Although, I'm curious why the arrow pointed to him if he already has a stand. Unless the answer is it can also detect existing stand users.

The new OP is great visually, but I'm feeling tepid on the actual song. Probably have to give it a few more viewings so it can grow on me.

Wasn't that the point that he's an actual alien and not a Stand user?

I forgot to mention, the begining scene with Kira and the wife (forgot her name) was too funny. I wouldn't even be surprised if the choking would be something she liked.

Wasn't that the point that he's an actual alien and not a Stand user?

The episode eyecatcher and a previous post on the last page seems to imply that it's a Stand or at least a Stand-related power.

Top Bottom