• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Ascheroth

The episode eyecatcher and a previous post on the last page seems to imply that it's a Stand or at least a Stand-related power.

He couldn't see Crazy Diamond though, unless that was really good acting, so I'm going with 'alien power that gets classified like a Stand power because Araki'.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Don't like the OP song, but I like the visuals. Maybe it'll grow on me. And this week's episode was fucking hilarious. Josuke is such a scumbag and I love it. :lol

I guess I'm the sole person who thought the animation looked pretty good. Last week it was pretty bad but I thought it looked pretty good.

I'm not sure if Kira wants to fuck her or kill her or fuck her while he kills her.

Yes!

I guess I'm the sole person who thought the animation looked pretty good. Last week it was pretty bad but I thought it looked pretty good.

Not at all. I've not had a problem with the animation at all this season. The thing I care about most is that they get across the key points of each arc, and they've done that, in what I feel has been beautiful fashion, all season long. Today was no exception. There are some really great shots from today's episode.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I wrote the first half of that post before she even said all of that. When I'm watching it I'm posting my thoughts in literal real time before even a scene is finished.

You're like those people who go "what's happening" in the middle of a scene when watching a movie together, literally 3 seconds before said movie shows you precisely what's happening. Be patient, you overexcited puppies! ;(

Why is Mikitaka turning into a giant fruit roll up?
You're like those people who go "what's happening" in the middle of a scene when watching a movie together, literally 3 seconds before said movie shows you precisely what's happening. Be patient, you overexcited puppies! ;(
Funny enough I'm pretty quiet while watching movies. Lol he's air Jordan's now.

I love Rohan and Josuke. Two dudes who hate each other but have to work together. Doesn't mean they can't try to swindle each other out of a bunch of yen.

Betty

Banned
Finally a Josuke centred episode, guy was fading away for a moment there.

Loved the opening and the song, Kira's plot continues to enthral like nothing else and 'the alien' was actually really fun and charming as far as distractions go.

There's a great many scenes in this that could be exploited for laughs.

Grexeno

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 27

DvmBncj.png
VS0j34s.png

JGSzOwH.png
Z9FD5LM.png

"Looks like this dude's an alien. Let's go swindle Rohan out of a bunch of money."

Also check out Josuke's Donald Trump hands in this shot:

jgminto

The quality was rooooough for the first half of the episode, Shinobu's face seemed to be more off model than on. Thankfully they recovered for the tail end of the episode and hopefully they can carry it into the next fight since it's the one I've been looking forward to seeing animated the most.

This episode was obviously a filler arc before the shit hits the fan. Cant wait for next week for one of my favourites.

Also the fact they teased Part 5 gets me already hype af for it. The wait gonna be terrible.

They had to cut some parts out of this, which is really disappointing. If they're already starting the next fight next episode, then I guess they won't be put in as flash backs:

-Mikitaka explaining that the ice cream was made out of his fingers
-More bits in the making dice scene, where he explains he can't copy faces and also keeps making Bruce Lee WATAAAA noises when Josuke throws him, and also gets sick and throws up when Josuke shakes him too hard (and you can see that two of the divots are his eyes), Mikitaka asks if they're going to be taking advantage of someone while Josuke reassures him, and Josuke shuffling dice perfectly
-The scene where Rohan swaps the dice is more explicit, with him going back inside and rummaging around in the drawer before he sees them, while Josuke is still outside and trying not to laugh
-Rohan explaining the history of cee-lo and dice in general, as well as trying to intimidate Josuke by casually talking about how the Yakuza deal with cee-lo cheaters by stabbing them 21 times and shoving two of the dice in their eye sockets and the third die... somewhere else

Not really. Kira's scenes alone are some of the best in part 4.

Plus Koichi has had a bunch of parts so that makes sense.
Kira has been fucking great. I wasn't expecting to like him so much. He's like DIO but less of an asshole, every bit as menacing and just as fun, though I really appreciate how dark the humor is with him. You shouldn't be laughing at his inside out sock OCD and his hand kink but it's done in such a way that's tastefully funny.

Kurtofan

I really don't think it's been cut... they just moved it around, otherwise they wouldn't have ended it on a camera shot.

It's probably going to be in the cold intro next week, I suggest this might be a spoiler then...

Astral

Either way they've been cutting a lot of cool stuff. Hopefully part 5's pacing is somewhere in between part 3 and part 4's.

Kinda disappointed they cut a lot of the dice gags, but I guess there's hope for the first few minutes of next episode. Animation was a huge step up from last week.

ionitron

I loved Mikitaka's introduction a lot in the manga because I really enjoy the idea that in a world of people with stands there's still total disbelief in someone being an alien, it's incredible. I always thought his appearances were just really fun. And on top of that, the fact that Josuke just decides to fuck with Rohan is hilarious to me too. Normally I'm a "cut to the main storyline" kinda person but this is one of the biggest exceptions.

That being said I've spoken to a friend about Mikitaka's alien status and I definitely believe he's an alien. The only argument my friend had against it is that bit with the arrow, but I totally think the dude is.

Also I've likely mentioned this before but Josuke and Okuyasu's broship is great. I laughed so much at how they were basically reading each other's minds.

Animation wasn't tooooo bad. It was mostly Kira's wife's face that was really... bad. Also, I noticed it last week too, but there were a couple of scenes where foreshortening is ridiculously off. There was one scene where Josuke's head was huuuge compared to his head. Otherwise, whatever -shrugs- I'm okay with it.

They had to cut some parts out of this, which is really disappointing. If they're already starting the next fight next episode, then I guess they won't be put in as flash backs:

-Mikitaka explaining that the ice cream was made out of his fingers
-More bits in the making dice scene, where he explains he can't copy faces and also keeps making Bruce Lee WATAAAA noises when Josuke throws him, and also gets sick and throws up when Josuke shakes him too hard (and you can see that two of the divots are his eyes), Mikitaka asks if they're going to be taking advantage of someone while Josuke reassures him, and Josuke shuffling dice perfectly
-The scene where Rohan swaps the dice is more explicit, with him going back inside and rummaging around in the drawer before he sees them, while Josuke is still outside and trying not to laugh
-Rohan explaining the history of cee-lo and dice in general, as well as trying to intimidate Josuke by casually talking about how the Yakuza deal with cee-lo cheaters by stabbing them 21 times and shoving two of the dice in their eye sockets and the third die... somewhere else

The biggest shame. This arc is really great, it's too bad they couldn't fit everything.

If the remaining parts are as long as Stardust Crusaders and Diamond is Unbreakable, then they should each be between 40-50 episodes long.
Preferably with split cours so the production schedule doesn't go to shit.

Part 4 is longer than Parts 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6.

The issue is that Jojo pacing can be very difficult to adapt.

Squishy3

that's his version of a boner

i wouldn't post that since it's probably going to come into play later.
I removed it but it's disappointing if they're moving it around considering it makes no sense to move that around since it's all part of the same chapter. :/

Top Bottom