• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

The origin of the arrows has not been shown in the anime yet, and I'd like to take this opportunity to remind people not to post manga spoilers in this thread.

You can share your theories I suppose, I just don't want to see a bunch of posts that are nothing but spoiler bars.

Crocodile

Critiquing a show/narrative/production/etc. or expressing disappointment is discussion. I have no idea why a few people are so bothered by other people saying "I didn't really like this episode".

Like Lumination said, if I didn't overall really enjoy this stuff, I wouldn't be watching it at all. My bad that I don't love everything about how things are playing out I guess?

Ok, so what would you say the plot is, exactly?

A) Stop (arrest/disable/kill) Kira so that Morioh can be saved from his menace and the ghost of Reimei can rest in piece.

B) Figure out the mystery of the arrows (where did they come from, how do they work, how/why Kira's dad got his hands on one, etc.) and ensure none of them remain in the hands of evil-doers like Kira's father.

Not every episode has to work towards those aims or provide insightful character development but if they don't, they better be fun/funny/exciting. IMO, the previous episode didn't meet that bar and the most recent episode was kind of meh.

A) Stop (arrest/disable/kill) Kira so that Morioh can be saved from his menace and the ghost of Reimei can rest in piece.

B) Figure out the mystery of the arrows (where did they come from, how do they work, how/why Kira's dad got his hands on one, etc.) and ensure none of them remain in the hands of evil-doers like Kira's father.

Neither of these is Part 4's main plot. They're just part of the story. The main plot is "weird shit happens in Morioh", since Morioh itself is kind of the main character. Kira is just part under that umbrella, same as his father, same as RPS Kid.

cntr

Banned
Remember when Koichi had an entire scene wondering about the disappearances in Morioh? That was, and is, the main plot.

Kira's not like Dio or Kars. In the previous parts, everything traces back to the Pillar Men or Dio. Kira's the main villain, but he's not the driving force of the story. Kira didn't create a single Stand user, the stand users his dad creates aren't his minions. If anything, Keicho was the one who kicked off the plot.

That's what irritates people so much. It's not about criticizing or expressing disappointment in episodes, it's about treating the story as if everything has to relate to Kira.

At that point, the conversation becomes "That's not how DiU works", "But it's filler!", "No it isn't!", and so on and so on. That's not a discussion, it's not even interesting criticism. It's just a meaningless thread-shitting back and forth.

Is the "BreakDown" font/logo a reference to something I don't know or does someone at David Pro just like DOOM?
"Breakdown" is chanted in the main "fuck shit up" theme.
https://youtu.be/xRGrfurZaNQ

I dunno what else for. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

he means the font "BREAKDOWN" is written in, not the word
Oooo, still no idea ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Though it's pretty 90's western comic-esque too, as well as DOOM-y.

Crocodile

Neither of these is Part 4's main plot. They're just part of the story. The main plot is "weird shit happens in Morioh", since Morioh itself is kind of the main character. Kira is just part under that umbrella, same as his father, same as RPS Kid.

No Morioh is the setting, not the plot or one of the thread that moves the narrative forward

PLOT THREAD 1: Jotaro comes to Morioh to meet Joseph's illegitimate child Josuke.
PLOT THREAD 2: Tons of disappearances are happening in Morioh! Why?!

-Jotaro & Josuke meet (PT 1 partially complete)
-Jotaro and Josuke fight Angelo
-Angelo tells Jotaro and Josuke about the Bow & Arrow

PLOT THREAD 3: Find the Bow & Arrow

-Josuke & Koichi meet and fight the Nijimura brothers
-Backstory & character development for the Nijimura brothers.
-RHCP appears, kills Keicho and steals the Bow & Arrow

PLOT THREAD 4: Find RHCP and reclaim the Bow & Arrow

-Koichi and crew encounters The Lock and Love Deluxe - lots of character development
-Josuke & Koichi encounter Surface (kind of a shitty episode)
-Italian Food episode is irrelevant to plot but its fun and is a bit of world building
-Josuke & crew encounter and defeat RHCP (PT 3 and 4 complete)
-Josuke & Joseph meet and bond (strong character moments for both & PT 1 fully complete)
-Josuke & crew encounter Rohan - strong character moments for Josuke
-Josuke & Jotaro deal with fallout from RHCP and bond (strong character moments for both)
-Rohan and Koichi encounter Reimi who tells them about "The Murderer" and the threat to Morioh

PLOT THREAD 2 revised: Morioh is under seige - find the murderer!

-Kira is introduced in earnest
-Josuke and Okuyasu encounter Harvest (honestly the primary goal of this arc seems to be to introduce a character of importance to die later on to raise the stakes)
-Yukako and Koichi encounter Cinderella and bond becoming a couple (also set up for Kira's later escape)
-Shigechi encounters Kira and is killed. Killer Queen is introduced.

PLOT THREAD 2 revised: Kira is the killer!

-Morioh Crusaders strengthen their resolve against Kira
-Jotaro & Koichi encounter Sheer Heart Attack
-Kira barely escapes and changes his face

PLOT THREAD 2 revised: Find and defeat Kira who now has a new face!

-Josuke and crew investigate Kira's house, learn about his past and encounter his dad
-Another Bow and Arrow is revealed to exist and is lost when Kira's dad escapes

PLOT THREAD 5: Find Kira's dad and the second Bow & Arrow!

-Kira gets used to his new life
-Rohan meets and defeats RPS boy
-Josuke & Okuyasu meet an "alien"

I mean I think its pretty clear what is moving the narrative and what the current/remaining plot threads are. The weakest arcs have been Surface and the two most recent ones. As I said Harvest struck me as a "lets introduce this character so we can kill someone later than people might care about but aren't part of the main crew". I didn't hate the actual episodes but I don't know if I can say straight face that they were especially awesome. Shigechi was also being kind of a punk. Perhaps it was all worth it though because I thought Shigechi went out like a trooper in the end.The RHCP arc also ended up being a pretty big disappointment because the build up was so strong but then the pay off was weak as hell. It was also pretty isolated from PLOT THREAD 2 when I expected it to build towards that thread or fold into that thread. Nitpicks aside, and I have a good number, I've enjoyed all the other arcs - some quite a lot.

Right now, the current goals are "find Kira" and "reclaim the second Bow & Arrow". Again not every episode has to move those goals forward but if an episode doesn't AND I don't find it fun/interesting then there isn't much point to such an episode. What do we tend to call episodes that don't really serve a purpose and aren't fun or interesting to consume.........? :p

Remember when Koichi had an entire scene wondering about the disappearances in Morioh? That was, and is, the main plot.

Kira's not like Dio or Kars. In the previous parts, everything traces back to the Pillar Men or Dio. Kira's the main villain, but he's not the driving force of the story. Kira didn't create a single Stand user, the stand users his dad creates aren't his minions. If anything, Keicho was the one who kicked off the plot.

That's what irritates people so much. It's not about criticizing or expressing disappointment in episodes, it's about treating the story as if everything has to relate to Kira.

At that point, the conversation becomes "That's not how DiU works", "But it's filler!", "No it isn't!", and so on and so on. That's not a discussion, it's not even interesting criticism. It's just a meaningless thread-shitting back and forth.

Did you read what I wrote? I literally said:

"Not every episode has to work towards those aims or provide insightful character development but if they don't, they better be fun/funny/exciting. IMO, the previous episode didn't meet that bar and the most recent episode was kind of meh."

I liked the Italian Food episode even though you could cut it completely and the plot wouldn't be affected at all. To me, it wasn't a waste of time. The RPS episode felt like a waste of time to me. That's the critical difference. How is this hard to understand?

cntr

Banned
Fine, sure, you didn't like the episode. But you're not presenting that as an opinion, you're presenting it as if the episode was filler, somehow not important or should be excluded, simply because you didn't like it. Plenty of people liked the "filler", and plenty of people don't consider it irrelevant. You're acting like it's objective fact it's filler, when it's just your opinion. Of course people are going to get pissed off.

On top of that, many of the "filler" episodes are important in the long term. It's frustrating to have people go "this can be cut out" when the arc's relevance hasn't even been revealed. Especially since we're trying to stop spoilers.

So you can draw out an entire chart analyzing the plot in terms of Kira, sure, but that's not the plot. We've been saying it again and again from the very start, and you're achieving nothing except pissing people off by arguing otherwise.

Yeah, saying Italian Food is irrelevant to the plot is wrong because the plot is "Morioh is beset with Stands and weird shit keeps happening", so Josuke and Okuyasu encountering a Stand User like Tonio is part of the plot. Same as encountering Kira. Same as encountering RPS Kid. Same as encountering Surface or The Lock or Love Deluxe. DiU didn't need Kira at all but is ultimately better for having him because he's a great character, but at the end of the day he's just another guy in Morioh, dealing with weird Morioh shit, only he's evil.

And there's still a bunch of non-Kira stuff left in the series.

All this talk about the plot of DiU made me realize that this part is more similar to Archie's Weird Mysteries than Scooby Doo.

archies-weird-mysteries.jpg

Now I'm starting to show my age.

There's no filler in DiU. About skippable parts, you guys forgot the anime was meant for the fans of the manga. We already got a butched OVA which took some shortcuts. What people want to see is a straight adaptation of JoJo.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
"Wacky shit happening in Morioh" is not a plot. A plot is something which weaves the sequences of events together towards achieving some specific destination. Wacky shit happening in Morioh is a sequence of events... but if they're not woven together for some purpose, it isn't a plot. It's just a sequence of events.

Now, you might be pretty happy with that as a sequence of events. That's great, some people like 'slice of life with extra helpings of weird'. Niche taste, but sure. However, there are also people who a) like Jojo and b) like their media to have more direction than just 'slice of life with extra helpings of weird'. That's how tastes work. These people don't hate Jojo or whatever other nonsense. If they did, they wouldn't be in here, critiquing it. Obviously they have to like the show a fair amount at the point they've watched 40-odd episodes of it to make structural comparisons between the different parts, and part of the reason they do like it is because the majority of the time, Jojo does have a clear plotline, as Crocodile pointed out.

If you are one of those people who does like plot/direction, then there has been filler. This is really pretty hard to deny. Jankenboy was related to other sequences of events only very loosely - it was just about tied to the previous one because Jankenboy is created as an antagonist by ghost dad. However, it has no ties to future ones that anyone knows of or were hinted at or would even make thematic sense given the ending. It didn't develop any of the characters featured in it to help explain why the plot might develop as it does - it only really featured two characters, one of whom has immediately been discarded from the plot, and the other of whom, Rohan, it *really* didn't tell us anything new about. Consequently, it had no real relation to the other sequences of events, therefore it didn't advance the plot, therefore it is filler.

Understandably, for people who do not like filler, this is worrying, and they will critique the series when it appears. This is just a natural part of peoples' discussions of what they do or do not appreciate about what they're watching. If you have a problem with that, I'm curious as to what you're actually here to discuss. People just posting "wow, every episode is equally amazing in every way"?

cntr

Banned
If you have a problem with that, I'm curious as to what you're actually here to discuss. People just posting "wow, every episode is equally amazing in every way"?
You seriously can't understand the distinction between "I didn't like this episode for this and this reasons" and "This is filler"?

Seriously, we spent the entire first half of the thread with people calling the series plotless. People called Cinderella and Shigechi random and pointless. But guess what? They were wrong. We even spent several discussions in the manga thread waiting for people to stop with the "no plot" discussions out of frustration.

But you go back to that exact bullshit? You instantly assume episodes like I Am An Alien are "filler"? It's hard not to want to tell you guys to "fuck off".

If you're worried about the series becoming bogged down in side stories, don't. If you don't consider the "side" episodes entertaining, that's fine. But "this is filler"? "Where's the plot"? That's not a fucking critique. That's bullshit, of the "Crazy Diamond can't fix" tier.

Yonafunu

"Wacky shit happening in Morioh" is not a plot. A plot is something which weaves the sequences of events together towards achieving some specific destination. Wacky shit happening in Morioh is a sequence of events... but if they're not woven together for some purpose, it isn't a plot. It's just a sequence of events.

Now, you might be pretty happy with that as a sequence of events. That's great, some people like 'slice of life with extra helpings of weird'. Niche taste, but sure. However, there are also people who a) like Jojo and b) like their media to have more direction than just 'slice of life with extra helpings of weird'. That's how tastes work. These people don't hate Jojo or whatever other nonsense. If they did, they wouldn't be in here, critiquing it. Obviously they have to like the show a fair amount at the point they've watched 40-odd episodes of it to make structural comparisons between the different parts, and part of the reason they do like it is because the majority of the time, Jojo does have a clear plotline, as Crocodile pointed out.

If you are one of those people who does like plot/direction, then there has been filler. This is really pretty hard to deny. Jankenboy was related to other sequences of events only very loosely - it was just about tied to the previous one because Jankenboy is created as an antagonist by ghost dad. However, it has no ties to future ones that anyone knows of or were hinted at or would even make thematic sense given the ending. It didn't develop any of the characters featured in it to help explain why the plot might develop as it does - it only really featured two characters, one of whom has immediately been discarded from the plot, and the other of whom, Rohan, it *really* didn't tell us anything new about. Consequently, it had no real relation to the other sequences of events, therefore it didn't advance the plot, therefore it is filler.

Understandably, for people who do not like filler, this is worrying, and they will critique the series when it appears. This is just a natural part of peoples' discussions of what they do or do not appreciate about what they're watching. If you have a problem with that, I'm curious as to what you're actually here to discuss. People just posting "wow, every episode is equally amazing in every way"?

This is all just people arguing over what plot means. You can call 'looking for RHCP and the arrow' a plot thread, but they never actually do that. They never go looking for him, he just shows up at some point. The entire point of Part 4 that they keep reminding us of is "Stand Users attract each other". That's the driving force behind every encounter, not the characters' actions toward some goal. Aside from Keicho, the arrow holders never send anyone after the main group, they just run into each other.
Even after they find out about the murderer and Koichi finds out about the disappearances, he never does anything with it. You can call 'looking for the murderer' a plot thread, but it's never a force for action on anyone's part until they actually run into Kira. And after his escape we go back to the square one, which I can understand can be annoying.

The funny part is, Janken Boy is the one episode so far where we see someone actually actively taking action and looking for Kira; Rohan taking pictures at the station.

Edit:
Another way to look at it is taking every encounter as it's own plot, which the series already kind of does for you with it's naming.

Debirudog

I feel like DiU is inherently structureless and anyone that wants some grand plot out of it, is going to be gravely disappointed. If you don't like Janken boy or Earth Fire and Wind, then fine, but I find myself quite confused when people in the manga thread has always enjoyed these chapters because Rohan shenanigans.

I think none of the plot in Jojo is what made me gravitate to these series. In fact, I would say all this so-called filler is what made Part 4 stand out to me the most. Alien dood isn't some typical stand of the week, he's just a friendly wierdo that Josuke takes advantage of to cheat on Rohan. Compare and contrast Part 3, where every stand is just an enemy.

EDIT: sorry, i am super sleepy. Meant to refer to Part 3.

cntr

Banned
The only thing people mean by "filler" is "I didn't like the episode". It's crap. People confusing their lack of interest in things not related to Kira with the idea that an episode is pointless because it's not related to Kira.

laaame

I feel that there is a disconnect between the anime-only viewer and the manga readers that prevents the two groups from understanding each other. For many of the anime viewers, the gold standard of Jojo’s is Part 2, which had a pretty tight narrative structure that condenses the best elements of the series as a whole into a single short part. But this expectation of what Jojo’s is may turn viewers off of what has been shown from part 3, and to a lesser extent part 4, since they might feel that random encounters that don’t directly move the story forward is a waste of time because part 1 and 2 had a linear narrative that always moved to the next important event/fight.

But parts 1 and 2 are anomalies for the series as a whole, and with the introduction of stands, the fights are less about moving the plot and more about Araki playing around with stand powers. For parts 3 & 4, we don’t really get episodes that are entirely based on exploring the characters in any real depth, and most of the character development comes sandwiched around a stand concept that Araki thought would be cool. I feel the anime watchers are trying to apply logic to how the jojo’s universe works by trying to piece together the plot points into a cohesive story arc, but manga readers know that Araki doesn’t even care about consistency in plot enough to even be consistent for singular parts, let alone a nearly 30 yearlong franchise. So it may seem like the manga readers are dismissive to anime-only watchers voicing their legitimate concerns about the structure of the plot, but it may just be they might feel inconsistency doesn’t matter.

I totally get why an anime-only watcher would be upset about the last two episodes since waiting two weeks with no tangible movement in the plot and no idea what is coming next would be frustrating. But for better or worse, a good portion of the entire series is like that so when an anime-only viewer sees an episode that they consider a “filler” episode, a manga reader just sees it as a Jojo’s episode . And as much as I hate to admit it, Jojo’s is definitely a series I would say is style over substance, and at some point an anime-only watcher will have to choose if they are ok with “filler” and learn to like it, or just drop the series because it won't go away

I feel that there is a disconnect between the anime-only viewer and the manga readers that prevents the two groups from understanding each other. For many of the anime viewers, the gold standard of Jojo’s is Part 2, which had a pretty tight narrative structure that condenses the best elements of the series as a whole into a single short part. But this expectation of what Jojo’s is may turn viewers off of what has been shown from part 3, and to a lesser extent part 4, since they might feel that random encounters that don’t directly move the story forward is a waste of time because part 1 and 2 had a linear narrative that always moved to the next important event/fight.

But parts 1 and 2 are anomalies for the series as a whole, and with the introduction of stands, the fights are less about moving the plot and more about Araki playing around with stand powers. For parts 3 & 4, we don’t really get episodes that are entirely based on exploring the characters in any real depth, and most of the character development comes sandwiched around a stand concept that Araki thought would be cool. I feel the anime watchers are trying to apply logic to how the jojo’s universe works by trying to piece together the plot points into a cohesive story arc, but manga readers know that Araki doesn’t even care about consistency in plot enough to even be consistent for singular parts, let alone a nearly 30 yearlong franchise. So it may seem like the manga readers are dismissive to anime-only watchers voicing their legitimate concerns about the structure of the plot, but it may just be they might feel inconsistency doesn’t matter.

I totally get why an anime-only watcher would be upset about the last two episodes since waiting two weeks with no tangible movement in the plot and no idea what is coming next would be frustrating. But for better or worse, a good portion of the entire series is like that so when an anime-only viewer sees an episode that they consider a “filler” episode, a manga reader just sees it as a Jojo’s episode . And as much as I hate to admit it, Jojo’s is definitely a series I would say is style over substance, and at some point an anime-only watcher will have to choose if they are ok with “filler” and learn to like it, or just drop the series because it won't go away
Won't half if not most of the complainers bail probably at the midway point of Part 6? I find the "what kind of crack does Araki smoke" moments to be pretty damn fun. Part 3 was so far the only sort of downer part for me cause they dragged eveything out, but mostly I've been pretty happy with this part. Araki gets to focus more on the side characters and everybody actually does something. Most interesting part is that Josuke hasn't even fought Kira yet, it was Koichi and Jotaro that fought him the first time and that shit was hype as fuck. The "plot" comes in segments but meanwhile everything else is some form of character growth or world building and just Araki fucking with his audience, it's fun. It also helps that I peruse the manga thread and have some sort of semblance of what's coming next. Though I know fuck all in context.

Mista Koo

Critiquing a show/narrative/production/etc. or expressing disappointment is discussion. I have no idea why a few people are so bothered by other people saying "I didn't really like this episode".

Like Lumination said, if I didn't overall really enjoy this stuff, I wouldn't be watching it at all. My bad that I don't love everything about how things are playing out I guess?
The main problem is that this thread contains people watching this for this first time, as well as people who've been waiting for this for 10+ years. Of course some of the latter group would get defensive for every little thing the former group says. Just look at the fans of the most popular long-running shonen anime.
In a perfect world we would have two separate threads for the anime, this way we can even avoid all the hype whether it's for an actually good episode or a terrible one.

But yeah, it's understandable why there are way more gaffers watching Jojo than people who post in this thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mista Koo

Well we'd say why there is no filler, but it'd end in spoiler territory
Then don't say there is no filler. Yes everything "must be the work of an enemy stand," but don't answer stuff that relate to future events in the first place. You are part of the problem.

I can't imagine how it would've been discussing parts 1-3 here. I can already imagine ten wink wink nudge nudge moments that will be completely ruined.

Yonafunu

Well we'd say why there is no filler, but it'd end in spoiler territory

Or we can stop trying to reassure people and just let it happen. Everyone will determine what they consider filler and plot when everything is said and done, no need for any of this.

Some of y'all are making too big a deal out of this.

Style

Banned
You know, why doesn't Joseph just use Hermit Purple to find the new Kira? That's exactly why they brought him to Morioh. To use his powers to find the then target Akira who any of them didn't know the identity of either.

jgminto

You know, why doesn't Joseph just use Hermit Purple to find the new Kira? That's exactly why they brought him to Morioh. To use his powers to find the then target Akira who any of them didn't know the identity of either.
Here are some options:
1. He is using Hermit Purple to try and find Kira but hasn't yet.
2. The information isn't providing more than they already know about Kira.
3. He's too busy taking care of a baby.

There are plenty of logical leaps you could take, it isn't something that has to be explained.

Riposte

Maybe the most annoying plot point of JoJo. Second place is why didn't Joseph use Ripple/Hamon to keep the water in the cup. Poor Joseph.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Then don't say there is no filler. Yes everything "must be the work of an enemy stand," but don't answer stuff that relate to future events in the first place. You are part of the problem.

I can't imagine how it would've been discussing parts 1-3 here. I can already imagine ten wink wink nudge nudge moments that will be completely ruined.

Isn't that what people have been saying but then you still see people complaining tho?

Or we can stop trying to reassure people and just let it happen. Everyone will determine what they consider filler and plot when everything is said and done, no need for any of this.

Some of y'all are making too big a deal out of this.

oh I'm not, I'm just surprised at the drama about complaining about filler but then not wanting to be informed on future stuff

like, you can't just take the sandwich and eat it! Or something Jojo related.

Breads

Banned
The main problem is that this thread contains people watching this for this first time, as well as people who've been waiting for this for 10+ years. Of course some of the latter group would get defensive for every little thing the former group says. Just look at the fans of the most popular long-running shonen anime.
In a perfect world we would have two separate threads for the anime, this way we can even avoid all the hype whether it's for an actually good episode or a terrible one.

But yeah, it's understandable why there are way more gaffers watching Jojo than people who post in this thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We kind of do have two threads. The manga thread has been frequently linked to and used to continue conversations started here.

Piers

This is a recently translated comment that Araki made about the alien

I do prefer the idea that he's a space-alien because it fits so well with the setting of a quaint town, and is a total wild-card with how many crazy super-natural things there are in the show.

Astral

I don't remember people complaining this much about filler during part 3 lol. I'm sure they did but I don't remember. I mean really where's the "plot" in SC? They just fight a bunch of random guy with practically zero connection to Dio. All you get is "Dio paid me" or "Dio is scary." What's more, you don't ever see any of these guys ever again most of the time. Dio, the main villain, has almost no screen time. Kira has already had more screen time than Dio and we still have 12 episodes left. When you think about it, the only actual important fights in part 3 are Hierophant Green, Silver Chariot, Justice, Hol Horse, Judgment, N'Doul maybe, Pet Shop, Vanilla Ice, and of course Dio. The other like 20 something fights have practically no impact on the plot besides "we beat this guy. Let's move on."

Yonafunu

oh I'm not, I'm just surprised at the drama about complaining about filler but then not wanting to be informed on future stuff

like, you can't just take the sandwich and eat it! Or something Jojo related.

I don't see how that's surprising. Nobody wants to be spoiled on future events, that's the point of the rules of the thread.

I don't remember people complaining this much about filler during part 3 lol. I'm sure they did but I don't remember. I mean really where's the "plot" in SC? They just fight a bunch of random guy with practically zero connection to Dio. All you get is "Dio paid me" or "Dio is scary." What's more, you don't ever see any of these guys ever again most of the time. Dio, the main villain, has almost no screen time. Kira has already had more screen time than Dio and we still have 12 episodes left. When you think about it, the only actual important fights in part 3 are Hierophant Green, Silver Chariot, Justice, Hol Horse, Judgment, N'Doul maybe, Pet Shop, Vanilla Ice, and of course Dio. The other like 20 something fights have practically no impact on the plot besides "we beat this guy. Let's move on."

That's literally the number one criticism you see about SC by anime-only people.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

I actually quit part 3 partway through, I got bored. I just really liked part 2, so decided to come back for part 4 and found it a massive improvement on 3. Looking back at the old thread, there were definitely a *lot* of complaints about the pace of SC. It was much worse than DiU. I think the difference is that SC was so meh on that scale that there wasn't really any reason to stick through and even really bother talking about it. DiU is much better, so there's more reason to stay around.

I actually quit part 3 partway through, I got bored. I just really liked part 2, so decided to come back for part 4 and found it a massive improvement on 3. Looking back at the old thread, there were definitely a *lot* of complaints about the pace of SC. It was much worse than DiU. I think the difference is that SC was so meh on that scale that there wasn't really any reason to stick through and even really bother talking about it. DiU is much better, so there's more reason to stay around.
SDC was before Araki got a better grasp on what the fuck to do with stands. It got better for like the last third of SDC with one of my favorites being Iggy vs Pet Shop. For some odd reason the thought of animals fighting it out with fucking stands piques my interest and something that I wish was shown more.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't see how that's surprising. Nobody wants to be spoiled on future events, that's the point of the rules of the thread.

oh I know but like I said, you can't have a Trussady dinner and eat it

I'm fine with the no spoilers rule, but so many comments just like to bait them out

Astral

Yeah I can see why people would get bored with SC especially with the unnecessary two-part fights. Some of the last few fights are still worth watching though. The Vanilla Ice fight is still one of the best in the series.

Yeah I can see why people would get bored with SC especially with the unnecessary two-part fights. Some of the last few fights are still worth watching though. The Vanilla Ice fight is still one of the best in the series.
Poor Iggy, pooch became a bro after that fight. SDC had some high ass highs, it just took forever to get to them.

Yonafunu

oh I know but like I said, you can't have a Trussady dinner and eat it

I'm fine with the no spoilers rule, but so many comments just like to bait them out

What? I have no idea which comments you're talking about. Just calling something a filler isn't baiting anything. It's just people giving their opinions about the episodes and DiU so far.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I've had a lot of people tell me SC doesn't get good until Cairo, which is more or less just after I gave up looking at the next few episode synopses briefly. I've half a mind to return when I have some spare time and give it another shot.

I always thought it was interesting how Iggy became universally liked as soon as Pet Shop happened
Because beforehand he just came off as a selfish ass pooch. During Pet Shop you actually got wind of how he really thought, on top of that it's a badass fight where a badass falcon fights a fucking bishounen faced dog.

Style

Banned
The moment where that boy crawls under the gate and sees Pet Shop eating away his dogs is probably one of my favourite moments in all of JJBA. The music, the over the top violence and Pet Shop screeching like a velociraptor always gets me. It has made both me and several people I've watched Stardust Crusaders with burst in to laughter.

It's sad no one knew he saved their asses.
I love how there's no way they could've logically beaten Pet Shop.
The moment where that boy crawls under the gate and sees Pet Shop eating away his dogs is probably one of my favourite moments in all of JJBA. The music, the over the top violence and Pet Shop screeching like a velociraptor always gets me. It has made both me and several people I've watched Stardust Crusaders with burst in to laughter.
Pet Shop knows he's an alpha predator and enjoys it. I do need to watch some of SDC again cause I'd probably find a new appreciation for it or at least some of it.

Top Bottom