• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

giphy.gif

Best falcon.

Mista Koo

إلي ما يعرف الصقر، يشويه
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nice lol.

(It's an Arabic proverb: He who doesn't know the falcon would grill it.)

NEO0MJ

إلي ما يعرف الصقر، يشويه
¯_(ツ)_/¯

طار الحمام وصفقتى ياوزة

Crocodile

That Alessi fight would have been 200x times better if he fought Joseph and used his stand against him

The actual fight was way too gross for comfort

The Set/Alessi fight was probably my least favorite fight in SC. It would have been infinitely better if it was Joseph vs. Alessi. Then again Joesph/Avdol vs. Mariah was one of the better/more entertaining fights in SC so I wouldn't want to lose that one either. I guess you would have to make those fights sequential rather than concurrent.

I don't remember people complaining this much about filler during part 3 lol. I'm sure they did but I don't remember. I mean really where's the "plot" in SC? They just fight a bunch of random guy with practically zero connection to Dio. All you get is "Dio paid me" or "Dio is scary." What's more, you don't ever see any of these guys ever again most of the time. Dio, the main villain, has almost no screen time. Kira has already had more screen time than Dio and we still have 12 episodes left. When you think about it, the only actual important fights in part 3 are Hierophant Green, Silver Chariot, Justice, Hol Horse, Judgment, N'Doul maybe, Pet Shop, Vanilla Ice, and of course Dio. The other like 20 something fights have practically no impact on the plot besides "we beat this guy. Let's move on."

I don't think SC had a lot of "important" fights but it had a lot of "good" fights. Polnareff vs. Ebony Devil, both D'Arby brother fights, the Mariah fight I mentioned, etc. were a lot of fun or just plain exciting even if they might not have been plot or character critical.

The lack of Dio and how underdeveloped most of the cast (protagonist or antagonist) was is the critical flaw of Part 3 and I think if one were looking to improve it or do a not-100%-faithful adaptation, I would address those points.

Crocodile

The question is how to involve Dio more? Since he can easily curbstomp everyone else prior to Jotaro's awakening.

Dio living up the night life in Cairo? Dio's Bizarre Dating Adventure? Or show him on a recruitment drive? Give him some time to get accustomed to the Modern Era? Even though he's been awake for like 3 years, things like cars still seemed to puzzle and mystify him. "Meanwhile at the Enemy HQ" is not an uncommon plot thread in many action shows - Avatar: TLA did it it plenty for a popular example.

Dio living up the night life in Cairo? Dio's Bizarre Dating Adventure? Or show him on a recruitment drive? Give him some time to get accustomed to the Modern Era? Even though he's been awake for like 3 years, things like cars still seemed to puzzle and mystify him. "Meanwhile at the Enemy HQ" is not an uncommon plot thread in many action shows - Avatar: TLA did it it plenty for a popular example.
How Dio got his groove back is a funny concept. :p

The Set/Alessi fight was probably my least favorite fight in SC. It would have been infinitely better if it was Joseph vs. Alessi. Then again Joesph/Avdol vs. Mariah was one of the better/more entertaining fights in SC so I wouldn't want to lose that one either. I guess you would have to make those fights sequential rather than concurrent.

I don't think SC had a lot of "important" fights but it had a lot of "good" fights. Polnareff vs. Ebony Devil, both D'Arby brother fights, the Mariah fight I mentioned, etc. were a lot of fun or just plain exciting even if they might not have been plot or character critical.

The lack of Dio and how underdeveloped most of the cast (protagonist or antagonist) was is the critical flaw of Part 3 and I think if one were looking to improve it or do a not-100%-faithful adaptation, I would address those points.

Not that I disagree but you're missing the most effective of Dio's minions. Tower of Grey.

Dio hitting the dating scene in Cairo would be hilarious. Dude just model walks into a bar and everybody just gravitates to the man.

NeonZ

The only reason why Joseph lasted as long as he did was because Hermit Purple was wrapped around his chest & infused with Hamon. If Joseph lost Hermit Purple as a result of him being de-aged, he'd lose his get-out-of-jail-free card.

Young Joseph would just do that with random lines/ropes.

Genryu

Banned
Young Joseph would just do that with random lines/ropes.

I think Hermit Purple actually protected him from The World just punching him through the chest like he did to Kakyoin. Since stands apparently don't need to interact with anything that's actually "real", like how Star Platinum can reach his hand into someone's chest and start beating their heart.

If he was just using ropes, I don't think The World would have had any problem with that.

Astral

Didn't a lot of people hate this playthrough because they got a lot of stuff wrong or something?

Watching them play made me get the game (I only half regret it). They get stuff wrong but it's still super enjoyable. Obviously, nobody watch it if you haven't read the manga.

Oh yeah, Eyes of Heaven blatantly spoils pretty much every part it covers (the game's story starts with Jotaro vs. Dio in fact), so it's best for those who are spoiler-sensitive not to look into it too much.

Squishy3

Didn't a lot of people hate this playthrough because they got a lot of stuff wrong or something?
Woolie took it on himself after people started calling him out on stuff being wrong to annotate corrections for everything that he gets wrong.

He made himself do double the work out of spite.

Oh I had nothing against the playthrough, I just remember my friend saying 4chan was going on them really hard about that. I mean heck Ive read the manga up to part 7 and some stuff is hard to explain or get mixed up lol.

StoneFox

I watched that playthrough even though I only watch the anime, and honestly learning about some of the later stuff makes me excited to read or watch it some day. Especially Part 7. Jojo is harder to spoil than most things :p

I watched that playthrough even though I only watch the anime, and honestly learning about some of the later stuff makes me excited to read or watch it some day. Especially Part 7. Jojo is harder to spoil than most things :p
Yeah. Most mangas if someone tells you "X happens to Y person", you go "Spoilers!". With JoJo you go "...What?"

Yeah. Most mangas if someone tells you "X happens to Y person", you go "Spoilers!". With JoJo you go "...What?"

Josuke gets suspicious while at an Italian restaurant, so he punches a plate of spaghetti to uncover the secret of the stand user working there.

Jotaro beats a stand user by using his complete lack of skill in video games to hide the fact that his grandfather is cheating by playing for him, thus foiling the enemy stand user's ability to read minds as he only focuses on Jotaro.

Joseph teams up with the Nazis led by a cyborg to battle Aztec gods of fitness.

Zeppeli gets his arm frozen by Dio during a fight, and Speedwagon literally thaws it out with his hot abs.

Oh my god, I can't believe that last one actually happened.

Top Bottom