• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Jesus this thing is like a Swiss Army knife. Room creation, speed, nutrient drain, remote use, body segmenting. Araki what were you smoking for this one my dude?

Baha

So glad they got Killer Queen's look down right for the new op:

Kxq7cHH.jpg

For some reason my mind is suddenly fixated on the fact that it's odd Rohan even took the bus in the first place when he has this fancy motorbike and all.

I like how he already has cameras set up even before the Kira switcheroo. The hell is he observing lol.

Damn sex ed class must've told him he was born because"when a mommy and daddy love each other very much..." which understandably he finds to be a big ol' scoop of bullshit looking at that household.
Fortunately super sexy Kira to the rescue.

For some reason my mind is suddenly fixated on the fact that it's odd Rohan even took the bus in the first place when he has this fancy motorbike and all.

I bet Rohan got off the bus, saw some dude with the bike and just wrote "I sold my bike to Kishibe Rohan" in him with Heaven's Door.

Betty

Banned
Loving this mini arc with Josuke and Rohan, that kid having a spycam in his parents bedroom is totally messed up though.

I get that he probably does it to investigate how his parents are getting along but damn.

Considering how meticulous Kira is, he strikes me as the kind of guy who has noticed the spycams and just hasn't bothered rustling any feathers yet.
Gotta keep that quiet life and blend in.

Style

Banned
This is now canon, it makes too much sense.

He has had that bike for a while though. That's why Josuke recognized it as his.

Rohan probably took the bus to mingle in with the rest of Morioh to find Kira. Just like he hangs out at train stations now.

REALLY hope the staff for this ep sticks around for next week.

I can guarantee it won't be the same staff, as the need to produce multiple episodes at the same time means two consecutive episodes can't possibly have the exact same team working on them. It's certainly possible for the next episode to still be produced in-house at David Production, however.

cntr

Banned
Owning your own vehicle doesn't mean you'll use it, especially if you live in a place with good public transport

Goodstyle

So glad they got Killer Queen's look down right for the new op:

Kxq7cHH.jpg

I like KQ's design here a lot, but the older version of the intro was a lot better in this part. Kira simply turning around slowly towards the light felt a lot more menacing/meaningful to me.

I'm glad the anime keeps Kira in virtually every episode. Unlike with Dio whow e only saw briefly, Kira gets a ton of spotlight and even his own episode.s

I can guarantee it won't be the same staff, as the need to produce multiple episodes at the same time means two consecutive episodes can't possibly have the exact same team working on them. It's certainly possible for the next episode to still be produced in-house at David Production, however.

As always your expertise on these matters dashes my dreams (kidding <3)

Still, some interesting names on the staff list. Kato was apparently involved in a "production cooperation" role and I spotted some trademarks of his from past episodes he's directed.

Oberon

Banned
Oh man, I got really spooked by this episode. Did you see that skeleton inside of Rohan?!
The reworked OP was nice too. I hope they add some more stuff later

d7f.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ytrFZoIN4&ab_channel=JontronClips

EDIT:

If any movie buffs in here found Rohan's 'Pretty Woman' line to be weird, the original line in the manga (or at least the fan-translated scans version) was:

"I had a complete replica set of the drexel furniture used in the movie 'Pretty Woman' valued at 2.5 million, which was damaged beyond repair."

So either the scanlators got it wrong, David Pro changed the line, or Crunchyroll subbers had a brainfart.

Tizoc

OH MY GOD
I just now realized Crunchyroll offers subtitles in Arabic too.

EDIT: OK this is hilarious:
Eng. subs has the Stand name Highway Go Go, yet the arabic subs translate it properly from Highway Star.

Kurtofan

I like KQ's design here a lot, but the older version of the intro was a lot better in this part. Kira simply turning around slowly towards the light felt a lot more menacing/meaningful to me.

they were just reusing a shot from the anime, it felt cheap as fuck.

Such a great episode. I love Highway Star.

The entire thing of driving away and cant be under a speed limit or you are fucked is so awesome. Gotta find that user.

Also love how all are still like "Wtf is he really a alien or a stand user?".

Opening changes were great too. Give promise that they gonna change it one more time at the end of Part 4.

As always your expertise on these matters dashes my dreams (kidding <3)

Still, some interesting names on the staff list. Kato was apparently involved in a "production cooperation" role and I spotted some trademarks of his from past episodes he's directed.

To be precise, Kato was credited with 3 other people as an assistant episode director, which means that he was helping out with what the main episode director, Jin Tamamura, did not have time to do.

sonicmj1

I haven't read the Highway Star fight before, but I like it because when I think about it I'm reminded of the song Highway Star and then I'm happy.

In fact, considering that Highway Star has one of the all-time great rock intros, I think it'd be awesome if they used Highway Star as the ED to this episode (leading in from when Josuke fixes the bike), the same way they used to do with Roundabout.

I like that Tamami made an appearance since he and his stand have been irrelevant for months.

And what the fuck at Rohan not noticing his house was on fire until Tamami told him. He was so focused on exposing Josuke that nothing else mattered lolol

Rohan is the Squidward of DiU so this is perfect.

Tizoc

I like that Tamami made an appearance since he and his stand have been irrelevant for months.

And what the fuck at Rohan not noticing his house was on fire until Tamami told him. He was so focused on exposing Josuke that nothing else mattered lolol

Rohan is the Squidward of DiU so this is perfect.

Well in the ep. he does say he's the kind of person who likes telling people who are too full of themselves 'No.'

Top Bottom