• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

c1sQJrMh.png

Shitbag Josuke the best. Aside from a few translation farts, what a fantastic episode :D. Pleaase nail the next episode DP

Demoli

Oh man i can't wait for next week. Aside from pet shop when i heard there was another jojo anime this was the fight i was most looking for.

Jojo is one of the few shows I watch that just gives me pure joy. I let out the biggest laugh when the crew realized Rohan's house was burning down right next to them. That could have been the dumbest thing ever but the sudden switch from the tension of the dice to that put it over the top into greatness.

Pompadour

To be fair, four of those powers are all related to the stand's true purpose.

Room creation though, man I'm just gonna tell you now the only explanation for that is "Araki needed a good way to start Highway Star"

What's weird is he already solved this issue in Part 3 with Kenny G existing only to explain the desert island that the Terrence Trent D'Arby battle was located at. He could have created another such throwaway stand user.

cntr

Banned
The room is just the trigger for Highway Star activating. It's like Bastet's electrical socket...except it's thematically unrelated to the rest of Highway Star's moveset. For reasons.

And what the fuck at Rohan not noticing his house was on fire until Tamami told him. He was so focused on exposing Josuke that nothing else mattered lolol
3CeLhyK.png

Permanently A

Finally caught up on JoJo with my mom and little brother.

She audibly gasped when Kira said "Killer Queen's special power is that it can turn anything it touches into a bomb."

sogood.gif

TWILT

Banned
"BUT I REFUSE"

Great episode this week (I loved it when they somehow manage to burn Rohan's house down lol), but next week is probably my favorite fight in Part 4 ahhhh

Episode 28

In which the anime manages to redeem itself with a David Production helmed episode instead of the shitty DR Movie eps from the last two weeks. They managed to improve the OP even more, with that brilliant new shot of Kira, and no more reuse of animation. I'm guessing when the BDs come out, they'll replace last weeks OP with the current one.

Just a question, to anybody who has or has seen the BDs, did they replace the ED in Episode 2 (back when it was really unfinished), with the better ED in episode 3, or did they keep it as it was aired?

On to the episode itself, the first half was fun. Rohan's house burning down was one of the greatest things ever, and Tamami coming back was also fun to see. It's just the perfect punchline. I was in tears laughing.

For the Highway Star section, I'm so excited to see this fight animated. There's a reason it's considered one of the best fights in Part 4, and maybe even JJBA in general. However, for what we got, seeing the nutrient sucking was brutal, even more so than the manga it felt, and that moment with Rohan trying to outrun it in the tunnel was great. Next episode is going to be balls to the wall action and speed.

And finally, I could talk about Rohan's greatest moment in this part, BUT I REFUSE (or maybe it's just I REFUSE). I'm guessing there are different translations for that line. I've seen both used before the anime came out.

Erigu

If any movie buffs in here found Rohan's 'Pretty Woman' line to be weird, the original line in the manga (or at least the fan-translated scans version) was:
"I had a complete replica set of the drexel furniture used in the movie 'Pretty Woman' valued at 2.5 million, which was damaged beyond repair."
So either the scanlators got it wrong, David Pro changed the line, or Crunchyroll subbers had a brainfart.
A bit of all that.
1) The scanlator called the furniture a "replica" when it was merely said to be the same.
2) David Pro changed the line by removing the "Drexel Heritage" brand.
3) The Crunchyroll translator fucked up the rest.

It has three abilities that initially don't seem to be related at all. Right now, it feels like a combination of different horror movie elements in one Stand.

But I'll save my full judgement for when we learn more about the Stand and its user.
Where the hell is the user even hiding? Seems like Araki just started giving up on the stand proximity power rule at some point.

Not really. SDC had some long range stands too.
But they were supposed to be the weaker stands. Highway Star doesn't seem like a weak stand though. Unless he can be long range cause he just likes sucking the life essence from people to use as an energy source like how Red Hot Chili Pepper used electricity for power.

Viridian6

I appreciate the effort, but that shot of Rohan and Yukako looked better in the original opening.

Just like in the Reimi episode, Heaven's Door making people do something they wouldn't normally physically be able to do is too OP really.

Where the hell is the user even hiding? Seems like Araki just started giving up on the stand proximity power rule at some point.
This stand is really more of a remote control stand in that once it acquires your scent, it'll automatically track you down at 60 kmph like what happened to Rohan. And as we saw with Sheer Heart Attack, remote control stand abilities have no limit to their strength or range, though their user also doesn't influence their actions beyond a simple "go hunt down the target." Highway Star is interesting though because it seems that while it's not tracking down its target it can act like a normal stand, probably to do with the room it's in.

In fact, I think Part 4 is where the concept of a remote control stand is introduced to begin with so I can understand the confusion.

This stand is really more of a remote control stand in that once it acquires your scent, it'll automatically track you down at 60 kmph like what happened to Rohan. And as we saw with Sheer Heart Attack, remote control stand abilities have no limit to their strength or range, though their user also doesn't influence their actions beyond a simple "go hunt down the target." Highway Star is interesting though because it seems that while it's not tracking down its target it can act like a normal stand, probably to do with the room it's in.

In fact, I think Part 4 is where the concept of a remote control stand is introduced to begin with so I can understand the confusion.
So it's like a sort of sentient stand land mine?

Tizoc

By my count part 4 anime would end by january

I did a quick approximation and part 5 anime could also be adapted in 39 episodes as well if not 36
I do hope we get hints soon for part 5

Jojo has been among crunchy's top 10 anime every week so hopefully that contributes to getting part 5 adapted.

I did a quick approximation and part 5 anime could also be adapted in 39 episodes as well if not 36

Jojo has been among crunchy's top 10 anime every week so hopefully that contributes to getting part 5 adapted.

Well that and Blu Ray sales have been good

cntr

Banned
It's a long range stand that can't travel freely, but can pursue people without range limits if they enter the room

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What was with that? Was that some sort of joke. I don't remember a TBC appearing mid-way before.

The to be continued arrow that shows up at that point was in the manga too. It's in the first Highway Star chapter.

So it's just a faithful adaptation of the manga, and it's used to wrap up the previous arc before moving onto Highway Star.

convo

The recent opening has hints to Part 5 already. Also Part 5 is extremly popular in japan by way of female fans. It got a whole ps2 game too. I don't see how it isn't going to happen.

Permanently A

Josuke gets suspicious while at an Italian restaurant, so he punches a plate of spaghetti to uncover the secret of the stand user working there.

Jotaro beats a stand user by using his complete lack of skill in video games to hide the fact that his grandfather is cheating by playing for him, thus foiling the enemy stand user's ability to read minds as he only focuses on Jotaro.

Joseph teams up with the Nazis led by a cyborg to battle Aztec gods of fitness.

Zeppeli gets his arm frozen by Dio during a fight, and Speedwagon literally thaws it out with his hot abs.

Oh my god, I can't believe that last one actually happened.

This shit gets REALLY wacky in part 7. I don't want to post them even in tags but they're hilarious.

Top Bottom