• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Style

Banned
Fun fact, Kakyoin's first name wasn't meant to be Noriaki, but Tenmei. Araki originally submitted 花京院 典明 to his editors for Kakyoin's name, but the kanji for his first name can be read as both Tenmei and Noriaki, so the editor thought it was Noriaki. Araki didn't know until he read the finished comic. His original name can also be seen in the hotel guest book in the Justice arc (which DP also carried over to the animation).

WwdA4ws.png

Source.

Guys I know what y'all are trying to say but I mean a stand that can legit STEAL time, like imagine Dio going "I've just stolen 5 seconds of your time" and Jotaro is like NANI??? or whatever.

How do you steal time, time doesn't belong to anyone what does that mean, are you stealing years off his life

OMG does that make you a time vampire wtfffff

Edit: to clarify none of this is spoilers, as far as I know such a stand power doesn't exist I just thought it'd sound cool lol

Double edit: for the manga readers that wanna talk about this, see me in the manga thread so we don't start something here.

But they were supposed to be the weaker stands. Highway Star doesn't seem like a weak stand though. Unless he can be long range cause he just likes sucking the life essence from people to use as an energy source like how Red Hot Chili Pepper used electricity for power.

If I recall correctly, HS doesn't demonstrate physical offensive strength which, I assume, would be pretty weak. It's strengths are its ability to absorb life energy and speed.

TheSun

Hmm, dunno about y'all but that to be continued around the beginning makes me think that the alien episode was meant to be its own two episodes, or should have. Well I woulda preferred that way though.

Also pls no more spoilers, some folk just can't help themselves.

If I recall correctly, HS doesn't demonstrate physical offensive strength which, I assume, would be pretty weak. It's strengths are its ability to absorb life energy and speed.
Though the speed combined with the ability to absorb life force and incapacitate it's victim in the process seems pretty OP to me unless Rohan is just that damn weak.

I hope the thing with the son and Shinobu doesn't turn into some type of Oedipus complex.

The comment about her wearing new lipstick, dressing up, not being naked in front of the father, and the spycam....

Don't go there, Araki.

I just realized, does Kira's dad share the same VA as Buggy?

Yes. Shigeru Chiba

Wataru Takagi, who voiced Bellamy, also voices Okuyasu.

Sou Da

That kid was always weirder than Kira in the manga.

Also is the bit with brainwashed mother new? I just remember the alien stopped showing up in the manga.

Madao

Guys I know what y'all are trying to say but I mean a stand that can legit STEAL time, like imagine Dio going "I've just stolen 5 seconds of your time" and Jotaro is like NANI??? or whatever.

How do you steal time, time doesn't belong to anyone what does that mean, are you stealing years off his life

OMG does that make you a time vampire wtfffff

Edit: to clarify none of this is spoilers, as far as I know such a stand power doesn't exist I just thought it'd sound cool lol

Double edit: for the manga readers that wanna talk about this, see me in the manga thread so we don't start something here.

imagine if he could put the stolen time in the stock market and make it gain length by investing in it.
then when he gets it back he got a lot more time to act.

imagine if he could put the stolen time in the stock market and make it gain length by investing in it.
then when he gets it back he got a lot more time to act.
My idea was that he could take a moment in time, stock it, and then use it to perform two action at once.

Example, Dio steals the moment in time where he throws a punch at Kakyoin, so it didn't happen. Then later, when he gets the opportunity to hit him he "puts back" the stolen time so now he's punching twice in the same instant of time. So now Kakyoin is deader than dead. ;__;7

Now imagine a good guy having that, woo Araki just hire me for part 9 I'll write that bitch for you. Reminds me of that one movie with Justin Timberlake IIRC.

cntr

Banned
no spoilers, pls
Hmm, dunno about y'all but that to be continued around the beginning makes me think that the alien episode was meant to be its own two episodes, or should have. Well I woulda preferred that way though.
Highway Star isn't long enough for 2 full episodes, but 1.5 episodes is ideal.

but yeah, they were just showing that the arc changed

TheSun

no spoilers, pls
Highway Star isn't long enough for 2 full episodes, but 1.5 episodes is ideal.

but yeah, they were just showing that the arc changed

Right, gotcha.

Peeps are hyping Highway Star big, I hope it delivers. I've yet to be disappointed, so I'm ready.

King Boo

was looking at bandai's sale on steam and i finally realized that the uchihas are stand users. or did jojo series invent it first?

was looking at bandai's sale on steam and i finally realized that the uchihas are stand users. or did jojo series invent it first?
If you want to be more accurate Naruto took a lot of elements from Hunter x Hunter. The Uchihas getting Megazords is just coincidence.
SDC and DiU ran alongside DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho, to put that in perspective
Okuyasu will forever remind me of Kuwabara.

speaking of other shows, I always like to imagine that whenever someone fights with summons that they're his stand. Bonus points if those summons basically function as extra limbs that punch really hard.

Soriku

I hope the thing with the son and Shinobu doesn't turn into some type of Oedipus complex.

The comment about her wearing new lipstick, dressing up, not being naked in front of the father, and the spycam....

Don't go there, Araki.

Pretty sure he's just meticulous about details and it has nothing to do with attraction. At least going by his expression where he just seems bored.

I don't get why you didn't just edit the post out entirely instead of pretending you made the whole thing up (edit 1), and then basically admitting in edit 2 that it actually is a recent Stand power.

Like, do you think other human beings are that fucking stupid?

cntr

Banned
to be clear, it's not an actual stand power, but people started talking about other spoiler time-related concepts and should've gone to the manga thread

I'm not kidding when I said I invented the idea of it in my mind, and in fact if you were to go to the manga thread you could see I had brought it up previously several days ago without any intention of spoiling. Also, it isn't an existing stand power either so don't think I spoiled you on anything.

My second edit was also referring to other people thinking that my intention was to reference future parts, in which case I told them to take such discussion to the manga thread.

I'm not an idiot who just spoils things without realizing it, so please don't suggest that of me. I simply wanted to bring up an interesting stand idea I had and see the input of people who were only familiar with JoJo up to part 4, but hadn't expected what came next. That was my fault and I'll accept the blame in that case. As well, I won't bring this up anymore. Continuing any further wouldn't promote positive discussion.

Dugna

...probably a obvious observation by some, but it took till this new OP for me to realize that again the Protag and Antag are basically opposites yet again. Josuke can fix things while Kira destroys things both literally and figuratively, now Josuke's stand makes more sense of why he has it.

Also love the music of the new OP. Watching all the OPs over and so many hidden things I'm now noticing after years now of watching this series, its crazy how much hidden stuff is in these. Like in the 2nd OP of DIU right after Shigechi throws seed to the pigeons Kira's fingernail flashes by.

Mista Koo

I agree with whoever that said the Rohan and Yukako shot was better before.

had no idea jojo was that old, and i missed out on it for so long
The proper anime adaptation started in 2012 so that's understandable. Although there were OVAs in 1993 and 2002.

Just a few random things that seemed to me like obvious references to stands:
I don't think Millia Rage counts, when I think of hair powers I don't think of stands.

Pretty sure for Zato-1 it's more like a zombie thing now that's why he became Eddie
I don't really know the story, but he's Zato-1 now :p

jgminto

Nen barely reaches the base potential of stands, it doesn't help having a constant dull protagonist ability with Gon. The segmented parts is what has kept Jojo so fresh for so long.

NEO0MJ

It's so strange how Heaven's Door switched from being a stand Rohan has to draw to just being summoned like a normal stand.

It's so strange how Heaven's Door switched from being a stand Rohan has to draw to just being summoned like a normal stand.
How else are you going to get more poses out of Rohan?
Nen barely reaches the base potential of stands, it doesn't help having a constant dull protagonist ability with Gon. The segmented parts is what has kept Jojo so fresh for so long.
I find both powers to be hilariously weird as fuck. With weed induced smoke powers, nen fish darts, Netero essentially having a stand, turning invisible cause you hold your breath, turning into a motorcycle and power glider I think Nen qualifies along with Stands as being being hilarious. I love them both.

Top Bottom