• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

cntr

Banned
Rohan still has to draw it, but he was so inspired by Koichi that he can now draw in the air and make the other person visualize the image in their head

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Why didn't Rohan just write "Josuke will fly 70 MPH to where Highway Star's User is"?

NEO0MJ

Rohan still has to draw it, but he was so inspired by Koichi that he can now draw in the air and make the other person visualize the image in their head

He only air-drew it once I feel, though. Last couple of times he called it he did so without having to move his arms.

Why didn't Rohan just write "Josuke will fly 70 MPH to where Highway Star's User is"?

It probably can't make a person do something that would be impossible for them to do on their own.

Zolo

Kira's gotta have the worst luck. First, he ends up getting caught due to his lunch getting switched with one of the few people friends with the heroes. Now, of all the people in the town, he ended up in the home that has someone surveying everything.

I just caught up on this! Loving Diamond is Unbreakable, really enjoying serial killer dude as an antagonist. It feels like a very real and present problem and I'm loving the cast of characters they're building. The only one I couldn't stand was Shigechi (And massive lol at what happened to him)

Pompadour

Did you conpetely miss Heavens Door writing that on Josuke?

Did you miss who I was replying to? That person responded to "Why can't Rohan just write 'Josuke flies away at 70 km towards Highway Star's user'" with "It probably can't make a person do something that would be impossible for them to do on their own." Which is to say there's no indication Josuke can do that or Koichi can do that, either. I mean, why does Josuke need a motorcycle at all if he can use Crazy Diamond to fly at 70 km?

Look, I don't have a hang up about Jojo's inconsistencies. I've been reading Jojo for 10+ years so I've grown accustomed to Araki drawing what he wants to draw and then trying to explain how it worked later. The reason I'm arguing this is that it doesn't make sense, like a lot of stuff in Jojo, so people are better off accepting it's silly bullshit instead of explaining away Araki's writing.

The talk about Rohan's stand makes wonder why its just not a pen/pencil. Rohan probably needed the extra reach.
I just caught up on this! Loving Diamond is Unbreakable, really enjoying serial killer dude as an antagonist. It feels like a very real and present problem and I'm loving the cast of characters they're building. The only one I couldn't stand was Shigechi (And massive lol at what happened to him)
I surprisingly like Shigechi and his episodes. :p
Plus they're bigger assholes in the Jojo universe.

Permanently A

I hated Shigechi at first but at the end he was pretty honorable. Refused to sell out his friends and wanted to protect his mom and pops. Guy's not the smartest but he manages to leave Josuke and the squad with one final clue from the grave.

Neoxon

I hated Shigechi at first but at the end he was pretty honorable. Refused to sell out his friends and wanted to protect his mom and pops. Guy's not the smartest but he manages to leave Josuke and the squad with one final clue from the grave.
Agreed, Shigechi pulled through when it really came down to it. His last moments showed that there was a decent person under all that greed.

cntr

Banned
The stand's actual name is Highway Star, which is a reference to the Deep Purple song of the same name. The band you linked to is actually the reference used for Wham (or Wammu) of the Pillar Men.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reference for the people doing the name changes for the West.
...I know.

I was talking about where the name change came from
yeah, Shigechi was the kind of asshole who'd eventually learn his lesson and shape up, not the kind of asshole that deserved to be brutally killed

Kira's gotta have the worst luck. First, he ends up getting caught due to his lunch getting switched with one of the few people friends with the heroes. Now, of all the people in the town, he ended up in the home that has someone surveying everything.

Remembering Kakyoin's speech about how he felt alone most of his life because nobody else could see his Stand, this kid is almost certainly a Stand user. And born with it rather than getting it from an arrow. I'll be shocked if that isn't the case.

I wonder if his weird voyeuristic behavior is due to general weirdness, or some factor of his Stand's ability in the same way photographs are needed for Kira's father's Stand.

I gotta admit, death scenes in the anime make me tear up way more than in the manga. Shigechi was pretty powerful with that music, I can never get through Caesar without choking up, and Kakyoin had me shedding some manly tears. ;__;

I wish Kakyoin lived, he didn't deserve being turned into a donut by DIO.

cntr

Banned
jL2diwg.png

I gotta admit, death scenes in the anime make me tear up way more than in the manga. Shigechi was pretty powerful with that music, I can never get through Caesar without choking up, and Kakyoin had me shedding some manly tears. ;__;

Nobody told him to try to solo Dio. "Imma just going to Emerald Splash dis fool. I gots range, he's short range. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU"

Breads

Banned

Kakyoin didn't do much for me.

Iggy and Avdol though. One was so sudden with no build up and the other had tremendous buildup with excruciating visuals... it's definitely a rough experiance for me. Kakyoin on the other held felt like a scripted jobbing.

Kakyoin didn't do much for me.

Iggy and Avdol though. One was so sudden with no build up and the other had tremendous buildup with excruciating visuals... it's definitely a rough experiance for me. Kakyoin on the other held felt like a scripted jobbing.
In the OVA Iggy and Avdol had some fucked up ass deaths. I think Iggy got off nicer in anime, but I believe DP still fucked Avdol's shit up.

Ezalc

Jobyoin dying was great. Especially seeing DTL's reaction of it. Dude didn't really do anything useful when he comes back in the second part of SDC anyway.

Jobyoin dying was great. Especially seeing DTL's reaction of it. Dude didn't really do anything useful when he comes back in the second part of SDC anyway.
Dude couldn't even win in a video game. Koichi is a far better Kakyoin any way.
In the OVA Avdol was given Nukesaku's death
I think when I'm done with Victory Gundam I'll give SDC a rewatch, it needs it since I'm way more into Jojo than I was when I first watched SDC.

Breads

Banned
In the OVA Iggy and Avdol had some fucked up ass deaths. I think Iggy got off nicer in anime, but I believe DP still fucked Avdol's shit up.

Although OVA Iggy was definitely gruesome anime Iggy had so much character going on in those scenes. Even though I knew what was going to happen several times over when I saw the direction they took with Polnareff and Iggy I still found myself rooting for the little guy and... well... you know the rest.

oh shit, you're watching Victory Gundam?

good luck with that
I actually don't hate Victory Gundam. I always feel like the only person that actually likes it. I actually like it more than SEED. Sure it's flawed but Tomino at least tried to make it unique. This is actually my second time watching it so I'm no stranger to its oddities.
Although OVA Iggy was definitely gruesome anime Iggy had so much character going on in those scenes. Even though I knew what was going to happen several times over when I saw the direction they took with Polnareff and Iggy I still found myself rooting for the little guy and... well... you know the rest.
Anime viewers at least had enough time to win over the audience, OVA Iggy was just kind of there by comparison. If anime Iggy got OVA Iggy death then that would've hurt.

Crocodile

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Diamond is Unbreakable Episode 28

The most recent episode was super fucking weird - but in a good way

• Man that die game fucking escalated. I'm guessing someone nearby saw the smoke and called the fire in? Rohan is too intense.
  • Overall the "Alien" arc ended on a strong note. I still get the feeling this should have happened earlier in Part 4 before the confrontation with Kira?
  • The kid spying on their parents is weird as fuck. I'm guessing he figures out that's not actually his dad sometime soon though and maybe alerts Josuke et al.?
  • The "To Be Continued" in the middle of the episode really threw me off. I wish they didn't do that even if they were being "faithful". That wasn't the 1st time one arc move into the next in the middle of an episode - I feel that happened sometime in SDC.
  • It's good Josuke came back but honestly at this point, if someone said some weird, maybe Stand related shit went down, you should believe that 100%. C'mon Josuke.
  • I'll agree with someone else who said Highway Star's abilities seem like a random collection of abilities.
So yeah overall that was a good episode and I'm hyped for the next episode :)

I was positive about a recent Jojo episode, is everybody happy now? :p

SoulUnison

Banned
I just realized I somehow never watched Episode 25.

I must've been busy that morning and just forgot, or something?

EDIT: HAHA, I'd been wondering when they were going to explain the weird floating old man and why nobody seemed to be talking about Kira all that much after he just escaped.
("Why don't they search the guy's house if they know who he was?")
Good thing I realized I had an episode I'd missed or I would have kept being confused until the very end.

Top Bottom