• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Finally watching after dodging a hurricane over the weekend, but did they really take out the "my grandmother once got hit twice by the same car on the same day" line? Awww.

gE1LBUt.jpg

Also:

h0n2Ldv.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot about the cars line, but the omission of Josuke's "I forgot to wash my hands" line and Rohan's reaction was disappointing, I was looking forward to that bit.

I also missed when Rohan asks Josuke to sit down in the seat in front of him.

Josuke: No, I'm a young guy so I can just stand!

Rohan: Are you implying I'm old

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am Alien should have been 2 full episodes IMO. Oh well, I guess they do have to start wrapping things up, we only have 11 more episodes, right?

FluxWaveZ

It seems there've been more posts about what's been omitted from the manga for the Part 4 anime than the other parts, so I assume that they've had to cut more minor touches for pacing reasons than the previous times, which is unfortunate.

Moaradin

Some minor things have to be cut for better pacing. Part 4 has been so much better than Part 3 in that regard. Hopefully they go this route for all future parts.

It seems there've been more posts about what's been omitted from the manga for the Part 4 anime than the other parts, so I assume that they've had to cut more minor touches for pacing reasons than the previous times, which is unfortunate.

The Diamond is Unbreakable anime is 39 episodes vs. Stardust Crusaders' 48, even though the DiU manga is longer than the SC manga. Thus the anime team couldn't do another panel-by-panel-plus-extra adaptation. I think that's for the best though; while everyone's favorite line may not have made the cut, it prevents the pacing from dragging as much as Stardust Crusaders did in anime form.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Part 4's anime should not have had less episode than Part 3. Part 4's manga is longer than Part 3's even.

Really, Part 3, 4, 5, and 6 should all be 4 Cours. And Part 7 should be 6 to 8 Cours.

TheSun

Dang, I should read the manga. All these missing scenes would'a been great seeing animated.

Like add an extra episode or something? I dunno.

Fandangox

I assume that whether Mitaka is really an Alien or not, in the case he wasn't one he truly believes he is an Alien, which is what I think Heaven's Door would have shown.

dani_dc

Shame so much got cut, this was one of my favourite "fights" off the manga.
They also cut out the part that cemented Josuke as my favourite jojo
tumblr_oeq6urfVcG1tqvsfso2_540.jpg

Still, the episode was greatly paced

It's funny because the average Japanese man doesn't actually wash their hands. Most are happy with just rinsing them, sometime just one hand for half a second.
Guess Rohan doesn't go to public bathrooms.

Kneefoil

edit - also late to the party on this episode, but I think Rohan is my favorite character in S4 now.

I've never disliked Rohan, but at first I did have a hard time seeing why he was so popular. However, when we got to see how his mind operates in the rock-paper-scissors episode, I started to appreciate him a lot more. He's a great character.

Rohan is great because he's a unrepentantly selfish person, who is smug as all hell and generally a shithead, but he's still a "good guy". He's not the deepest character, but he's reasonably complex and interacts well with pretty much any other character. He respects Joseph, likes Koichi (but still acts like a selfish jerk with him), is indifferent to Okuyasu, annoyed by Yukako and really hates Josuke, so any character he interacts with will play out differently.

tl;dr Rohan is the bestest

Shame so much got cut, this was one of my favourite "fights" off the manga.

It's funny because the average Japanese man doesn't actually wash their hands. Most are happy with just rinsing them, sometime just one hand for half a second.
Guess Rohan doesn't go to public bathrooms.
Well this is a bit of a gross life fact...

Kurtofan

Finally watching after dodging a hurricane over the weekend, but did they really take out the "my grandmother once got hit twice by the same car on the same day" line? Awww.

]

the official French translation doesn't have "my grandmother" but an old woman, I really don't think it's a reference anyway.

TheSun

Oi, one day the the third theme started playing in my head and now it's stuck. I think I might be coming around to it.

Also most folks in my college don't wash their hands. I never hear the faucet run...

Dugna

Or Josuke comming out a sun with "Justice" written on it and the lines to the song as just straight up "Shining Justice...." its a good OP

turmoil

Banned
Rohan is great because he's a unrepentantly selfish person, who is smug as all hell and generally a shithead, but he's still a "good guy". He's not the deepest character, but he's reasonably complex and interacts well with pretty much any other character. He respects Joseph, likes Koichi (but still acts like a selfish jerk with him), is indifferent to Okuyasu, annoyed by Yukako and really hates Josuke, so any character he interacts with will play out differently.

tl;dr Rohan is the bestest

Did he interact with Yukako?

Top Bottom