• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Astral

20uXNZY.jpg

Is this a reference to something?

SoulUnison

Banned
Can you imagine explaining this episode in detail to some random person?
This might've actually been the highest weirdness-density of a single JoJo episode.
Imagine watching this as a first episode as a total newcomer to the series with a friend who wants to show it to you, or something.

So a guy with a bizarre hairstyle on a motorcycle is being chased by a guy that can turn into flying footprints who will suck him to death like a vampire but he can stay safe if he stays above 60 km/h, sort of like the movie Speed.

He's racing through town and there's a mother and stroller at a red light so he blows up his motorcycle and puts it back together again in midair while doing a flip and smiling at the baby.

By grabbing cell phones from bystanders he calls one of his friends for help, who realizes that if they can just beat up a guy who's in the hospital from a recent serious motorcycle accident it will solve everything. Motorcycle Man then buys time by crazy-drifting through a shipping yard. Above, an old man in a flying Polaroid photo is gloating to himself about how well things are going.

The motorcycle starts to run out of gas, so Pompadour-Dude traps the Footprint Cloud in a parked car and siphons its gas to keep going.

His buddy's made it to the hospital in the interim, but the desk nurse is hostile and unhelpful. Suddenly a midget Japanese rapper appears, calls the woman a "bitch" and a "ho" and holds her at the mercy of a mid-range workman's comp suit until she gives him the info he wants. She gets left to deal with a pile of heavy falling glass with no resolution but sort of a dark implication, and MotorMaster arrives, riding his motorcycle right through the waiting room and lobby into the elevator - footprints close behind.

Our hero is only paces from the villain's hospital room, but suddenly feet start pouring out of the air vents! He struggles valiantly to the door, crossing the threshold battered and worse for wear. Inside, three beautiful young juvenile delinquents and/or possibly other nurses are tending to a bedridden mastermind. He tells them not to worry about the bloody beaten high schooler who just crawled in and collapsed and instead sexily asks which one of them wants to help him urinate - which they fight over the privilege of.

Bedridden Baddie proceeds to tell the women that fruit has gone bad in the room and he can totally smell one of them having their period - don't even lie. The girls act like this is some serious Disney Prince Charming shit. In their conversation, though, they've missed that the protagonist is back on his feet, and he takes the opportunity to punch a crippled man in his traction device while warning him that everything changed the day his punches gained the power of his kicks + 300 km/h.

The good guy hates an unfair fight, so he nonchalantly performs a biblical miracle. The patient experiences a miraculous recovery, so our hero beats the shit out of him and throws him out a fifth-story window, then tells the nearby women how much he gets a kick out of changing his underwear. During all this, the friend from earlier goes back to walking his dog, just assuming that his job is done for the day and everything will work out despite him last seeing his best friend running for his life from a vampiric cloud of Dr. Scholls products.

Later, some guy stares ominously at his family's shoe rack and a woman goes down into the basement where a really specific breed of cat has come in through an open window.

Cut to credits playing over a Savage Garden song from the 90s.

Seriously, though. Koichi shows up at the hospital, leaves a woman struggling under a bunch of super heavy glass jars after having what's essentially his inner-monologue say "let's kill da ho," watches his friend drive by, through a building, on a motorcycle, chased by a bunch of flying evil foot pads, and just...shrugs and walks home. "Ugh, I still have to walk my dog tonight." Best character. Truest friend. Emm-Vee-Pee.

Tizoc

This might've actually been the highest weirdness-density of a single JoJo episode.
Imagine watching this as a first episode as a total newcomer to the series with a friend who wants to show it to you, or something.

Seriously, though. Koichi shows up at the hospital, leaves a woman struggling under a bunch of super heavy glass jars after having what's essentially his inner-monologue say "let's kill da ho," watches his friend drive by, through a building, on a motorcycle, chased by a bunch of flying evil foot pads, and just...shrugs and walks home. "Ugh, I still have to walk my dog tonight." Best character. Truest friend. Emm-Vee-Pee.
This is why I plan to show this ep to my brother
With Arabic subtitles

Squishy3

He made them heavier with Act 3, he didn't leave her struggling. He left Act 3's range of the jars and they suddenly became light again.

Episode 29

Ain't nobody gonna take my car, I'm going to race it to the ground.

This episode was awesome. It lived up to the hype. This fight has so many great moments in it, and I love seeing Josuke's beatdown of Yuya animated. Also, the baby scene, and the car scene, and the 'Josuke ruins peoples' lives' scene. This fight was Araki being super creative with Crazy Diamond's powers, and it shows through it's quality. I'm also surprised they kept in Echoes Act 3's lines, since I thought they were do to the fan translation (like "Mission Fucking Accomplished" was, compared to "Mission Accomplished"). Anyway, that was such a good fight.

Can't wait to see more of Kira too.

SoulUnison

Banned
He made them heavier with Act 3, he didn't leave her struggling. He left Act 3's range of the jars and they suddenly became light again.

We never see her again though, it's up to our imagination.
And, if they "suddenly" become lighter again... It's going to be like when you're kids fighting over a toy and one side gives up suddenly.
She's gonna lose her balance when a ton of weight suddenly isn't there and those big, liquid filled glass jars will come right down on her face.

Sou Da

We never see her again though, it's up to our imagination.
And, if they "suddenly" become lighter again... It's going to be like when you're kids fighting over a toy and one side gives up suddenly.
She's gonna lose her balance when a ton of weight suddenly isn't there and those big, liquid filled glass jars will come right down on her face.

Sounds like she should have just been compliant : ^)

PK Gaming

Highway⋆ Star

The Yuya beatdown at the end was a little too quick for my liking, but everything else was really solid. This was the fight that solidified Josuke as the best second best JoJo.

Glad they fixed Koichi's hair as well.

UGH

Highway⋆ Star

The Yuya beatdown at the end was a little too quick for my liking, but everything else was really solid. This was the fight that solidified Josuke as the best second best JoJo.

Glad they fixed Koichi's hair as well.

UGH

I just noticed, but why is Koichi crawling?

Should I be alarmed that none of this broke my Jojo weirdness scale? I just nonchalantly watched it.

TheOGB

Banned
This is the one time I had my doubts about the hype surrounding a stand encounter, but boy am I glad to be wrong! At least 2 iconic moments/monologues, a stand design that's really grown on me and a user I love to hate, creative escapes, great humor, and a very satisfying conclusion. I love Koichi. I love Josuke. I love Rohan too, that ungrateful prick.

Next week: Yoshikage Kira gets some pussy

This is awesome

oh my fucking god
4tCIK.gif

Breads

Banned
He was called in to answer the phone when he was about to walk the dog, so instead of removing his shoes he's crawling to spare himself the effort.

Lazy Koichi. No dignity.

I never would have guessed the shoe thing.

I thought Araki was just being weird here. The bonkers perspective kind of influenced the notion though.

jett

D-Member
That was glorious. Araki is really creative at imagining solutions.

It's REALLY too bad they don't have the budget (I assume?) for licensed music in the show.

Alexlf

That was glorious. Araki is really creative at imagining solutions.

It's REALLY too bad they don't have the budget (I assume?) for licensed music in the show.

With all the music they'd need to license they'd have been bankrupt by episode 3.

cntr

Banned
Can you imagine explaining this episode in detail to some random person? This might've actually been the highest weirdness-density of a single JoJo episode. Imagine watching this as a first episode as a total newcomer to the series with a friend who wants to show it to you, or something.

So a guy with a bizarre hairstyle on a motorcycle is being chased by a guy that can turn into flying footprints who will suck him to death like a vampire but he can stay safe if he stays above 60 km/h, sort of like the movie Speed.

He's racing through town and there's a mother and stroller at a red light so he blows up his motorcycle and puts it back together again in midair while doing a flip and smiling at the baby.

By grabbing cell phones from bystanders he calls one of his friends for help, who realizes that if they can just beat up a guy who's in the hospital from a recent serious motorcycle accident it will solve everything. Motorcycle Man then buys time by crazy-drifting through a shipping yard. Above, an old man in a flying Polaroid photo is gloating to himself about how well things are going.

The motorcycle starts to run out of gas, so Pompadour-Dude traps the Footprint Cloud in a parked car and siphons its gas to keep going.

His buddy's made it to the hospital in the interim, but the desk nurse is hostile and unhelpful. Suddenly a midget Japanese rapper appears, calls the woman a "bitch" and a "ho" and holds her at the mercy of a mid-range workman's comp suit until she gives him the info he wants. She gets left to deal with a pile of heavy falling glass with no resolution but sort of a dark implication, and MotorMaster arrives, riding his motorcycle right through the waiting room and lobby into the elevator - footprints close behind.

Our hero is only paces from the villain's hospital room, but suddenly feet start pouring out of the air vents! He struggles valiantly to the door, crossing the threshold battered and worse for wear. Inside, three beautiful young juvenile delinquents and/or possibly other nurses are tending to a bedridden mastermind. He tells them not to worry about the bloody beaten high schooler who just crawled in and collapsed and instead sexily asks which one of them wants to help him urinate - which they fight over the privilege of.

Bedridden Baddie proceeds to tell the women that fruit has gone bad in the room and he can totally smell one of them having their period - don't even lie. The girls act like this is some serious Disney Prince Charming shit. In their conversation, though, they've missed that the protagonist is back on his feet, and he takes the opportunity to punch a crippled man in his traction device while warning him that everything changed the day his punches gained the power of his kicks + 300 km/h.

The good guy hates an unfair fight, so he nonchalantly performs a biblical miracle. The patient experiences a miraculous recovery, so our hero beats the shit out of him and throws him out a fifth-story window, then tells the nearby women how much he gets a kick out of changing his underwear. During all this, the friend from earlier goes back to walking his dog, just assuming that his job is done for the day and everything will work out despite him last seeing his best friend running for his life from a vampiric cloud of Dr. Scholls products.

Later, some guy stares ominously at his family's shoe rack and a woman goes down into the basement where a really specific breed of cat has come in through an open window.

Cut to credits playing over a Savage Garden song from the 90s.
Edit: totally missed that SoulUnison already posted this

just because we didnt see them call jotaro doesn't mean they didnt call him. they could have called after josuke punched HS through the window or maybe konichi called jotaro at home or at the hospital.

Eumi

Oh come on, it's Jotaro. He probably saw Josuke drive past with HS on his tail and went back to drinking coffee. He just showed up at the end so that if Rohan was dead he could inform Josuke once again that there's totally no way to bring people back to life.

Also, he doesn't need to tell Josuke how to fly. It's not like that would have been incredibly helpful for this exact situation.

Blues1990

I just watched the episode that showcases Yuya & his Highway Star stand.

I can say with the utmost confidence, that Josuke's the most creative with how he uses Crazy Diamond throughout this encounter. Some of the stunts that he pulled off in this episode was unreal.

Oberon

Banned
I just watched the episode that showcases Yuya & his Highway Star stand.

I can say with the utmost confidence, that Josuke's the most creative with how he uses Crazy Diamond throughout this encounter. Some of the stunts that he pulled off in this episode was unreal.

Even tho he didn't think of fixing the broken cellphone with his stand :p

Episode was great, but i'm a little disappointed they changed the manga line in the hopsital to "I''m the one who reeks of all that adrenaline!" Unless it was just the subs i saw, cause the manga line is one of my favorite lines from Part 4.

cntr

Banned
There's an edit somewhere of the Part 3 OVA that stitches all the dubs together, so most of it is in English, Kakyoin and Jotaro speak Japanese to each other, Polnareff thinks in French and talks in it with Avdol, Joseph uses only English, and so on.

Top Bottom