• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

DJwest

Can we have a zoomed in gif of jerk Koichi hanging by the door and swinging his arm whilst watching the nurse struggling with the heavy jars? Made me laugh so hard lmao

Episode was great, but i'm a little disappointed they changed the manga line in the hopsital to "I''m the one who reeks of all that adrenaline!" Unless it was just the subs i saw, cause the manga line is one of my favorite lines from Part 4.

Pro tip: if a character in the original scanlations swears, chances are it doesn't actually translate.

Can we have a zoomed in gif of jerk Koichi hanging by the door and swinging his arm whilst watching the nurse struggling with the heavy jars? Made me laugh so hard lmao

Qx1Isek.gif

KtSlime

Episode was great, but i'm a little disappointed they changed the manga line in the hopsital to "I''m the one who reeks of all that adrenaline!" Unless it was just the subs i saw, cause the manga line is one of my favorite lines from Part 4.

It's a more accurate translation. In the Japanese the manga and anime have the exact same lines. Josuke says "Ore da! Omoikkiri adorenorin ga pun pun shiten no ha yo~". Pun pun is used to describe strong smells, and it means to be in anger, so he is making a pun, not swearing.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
It's a more accurate translation. In the Japanese the manga and anime have the exact same lines. Josuke says "Ore da! Omoikkiri adorenorin ga pun pun shiten no ha yo~". Pun pun is used to describe strong smells, and it means to be in anger, so he is making a pun, not swearing.
So he's making a pun pun... pun?

Mista Koo

There's an edit somewhere of the Part 3 OVA that stitches all the dubs together, so most of it is in English, Kakyoin and Jotaro speak Japanese to each other, Polnareff thinks in French and talks in it with Avdol, Joseph uses only English, and so on.
That's a cool idea. Although not sure why they assume Avdol would be trilingual.

zoukka

Just reached the latest episode. I watched all the four seasons inside 2 months damn. Now the waiting game begins :(

I've been loving S4, but the floating card ghost is pretty dumb :D

zoukka

Atom Heart Father makes more sense if you remember the old urban legend about photos stealing your soul

Yeah the photography skill is fine, but he's a random super powerful ghost tricking even Jotaro... which brings me to another annoying thing about JoJo, the nerfed characters from past seasons, I love their additions, but they needed better justification for the power level nerfs.

Magwik

Banned
Just a reminder that Jojo premieres tonight on Toonami at 12:30 EST/11:30 CST.

Are you some sort of mind reading wizard? I was literally about to just make the same post. Anyways JoJo airing right after DBZ Kai should give it some good exposure.
Yeah the photography skill is fine, but he's a random super powerful ghost tricking even Jotaro... which brings me to another annoying thing about JoJo, the nerfed characters from past seasons, I love their additions, but they needed better justification for the power level nerfs.

Joseph got old and stopped training because his grandson can stop time and destroy everything.
Jotaro is a case of Araki probably figuring out that punching your way to a solution is boring.

SoulUnison

Banned
Also, come to think of it, "Three Freeze" can only affect one thing at a time, right?
So how did Koichi hold the desk nurse at the mercy of four glass bottles?

Do they count as a single object because they're similar in form and function and were extremely close in proximity?

Stand bullshit. It just works.

Also, come to think of it, "Three Freeze" can only affect one thing at a time, right?
So how did Koichi hold the desk nurse at the mercy of four glass bottles?

Do they count as a single object because they're similar in for and function and were extremely close in proximity?

Stand bullshit. It just works.
I think the idea is more like Echoes can increase the gravity of a specific location if he doesn't need anything in it to be restrained.

The answer is likely "Araki" though let's be honest

Soriku

So episode 1 of Phantom Blood aired on Toonami this morning.

My Facebook feed is full of posts asking what the hell they just watched.

Hoo boy.

I just got a friend (a frequent anime watcher) to watch Jojo a few days ago. She completely loved the first episode, and even I was surprised how much I liked it on a rewatch. But I don't think the episode is weird enough at all to question what I saw. Actually it's a really tight and amazingly paced episode setting up the conflict between Jonathan and Dio (who you love to hate) and it covers a lot. It felt like they packed a lot of content without it feeling rushed, even though the episode is standard length.

Then we started to marathon it, and her boyfriend after he got home thought it was fucking awesome too, even down to the opening and ending themes. Good shit.

I hope it takes off on Toonami.

NeonZ

And Phantom Blood isn't even strange yet.

Phantom Blood's first episode is strange... because it lacks strange things compared to most "shounen" series. There's some foreshadowing with the mask stuff, but during most of the episode's screentime it doesn't seem to set up any kind of super natural fighting series.

KtSlime

Phantom Blood's first episode is strange... because it lacks strange things compared to most "shounen" series. There's some foreshadowing with the mask stuff, but during most of the episode's screentime it doesn't seem to set up any kind of super natural fighting series.
You mean JoJo isn't a sports shonen about boxing?

Actually. I'm really surprised that it is finally just making its way to America. Hopefully people there like it.

Are you some sort of mind reading wizard? I was literally about to just make the same post. Anyways JoJo airing right after DBZ Kai should give it some good exposure.

Joseph got old and stopped training because his grandson can stop time and destroy everything.
Jotaro is a case of Araki probably figuring out that punching your way to a solution is boring.

Jotaro doesn't just punch his way through a solution. He's very analytical and methodical in his approach. Him beating the crap out of you by punching you a thousand times is the end result.

Astral

Notarized the brute forced his way to victory in literally 5 fights. Two of those fights are the Sun and Steely Dan which don't really count imo. He barely even did any of the fighting against Steely Dan.

Oh come on, it's Jotaro. He probably saw Josuke drive past with HS on his tail and went back to drinking coffee. He just showed up at the end so that if Rohan was dead he could inform Josuke once again that there's totally no way to bring people back to life.

Also, he doesn't need to tell Josuke how to fly. It's not like that would have been incredibly helpful for this exact situation.
Hey the man has very important dolphin related business to think about.

I would like to see these posts if u could screenshot them :x

5VEZhhu.png

wBDSUCg.png

These guys watch wrestling, they shouldn't have trouble with the plot smh.

I also told a girl I asked out last week to start watching it because she was looking for anime recomendations, but she said she's not into muscular men so the character designs put her off.

S. M. H.

pfft, talk about lame people

The sad thing is they're judging a 2012 anime by 2016 standards, when the source material is from the late 1980s.

It was way ahead of its time, and it still is in terms of the anime in many respects.

I just want them to stick it out until Battle Tendency to see it get amazing.

A fair amount of the Smash tournament players I hang with all love it though, so we've been talking about the Highway Star fight and agree it was dope.

Pompadour

The sad thing is they're judging a 2012 anime by 2016 standards, when the source material is from the late 1980s.

It was way ahead of its time, and it still is in terms of the anime in many respects.

I just want them to stick it out until Battle Tendency to see it get amazing.

A fair amount of the Smash tournament players I hang with all love it though, so we've been talking about the Highway Star fight and agree it was dope.

Just tell them to skip around. I started with the Part 3 OVAs and the Capcom game and it didn't really ruin anything. I mean, it was odd when Joseph used hamon like that one time but the whole series is weird, seemingly random shit happen.

TheSun

"How can my feet smell when they don't have a nose?" -Ed
Wow, that conclusion was tight, loved the episode. I think Highway Star may be my favorite stand design so far.

Adult Swim finally has shown JoJo, hopefully it will bring more peeps.

kierwynn

I also told a girl I asked out last week to start watching it because she was looking for anime recomendations, but she said she's not into muscular men so the character designs put her off.

S. M. H.

That used to me be. lol I was super uninterested in the series for the longest due to the art style and character designs. It wasn't until I married a man who is super into JoJo that I gave it a chance. We watch Part 4 together every week now and I've been slowly working on catching up on the previous parts. Not my type of anime at first glance, but glad I gave it a chance in the end.

wwm0nkey

I lucked out and my fiance actually considered part 1 one of her favorite parts lol

Right now we do the weekly part 4 viewings and its great. Mob Psycho 100 was also a great one to watch together.

Top Bottom