• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Kthulhu

latest

So I talked that girl I mentioned a while back to give JoJo's a shot. Told her we should start on episode 10 and not episode 1 cause I feel Joseph has more appeal / better pacing than Jonathan's arc, but she was adamant to start from the beginning.

Got two eps in and she thought it was neat, but didn't follow some stuff. She found the vampire scene a little gross, I forgot she's not really fond of needles or having her blood drawn so that may not go over well considering future episodes.

She said her dad used to listen to roundabout. So I don't know if she'll be up for more episodes. I feel if anyone sticks it out to episode 5 it's a good way to judge if you're down for the Bizarre Adventures.

I always tell people to start at the beginning, and if they don't like it in 3 episodes, to skip to season 2.

I always tell people to start at the beginning, and if they don't like it in 3 episodes, to skip to season 2.

Yeah I'd even say maybe give it 5 episodes to see Hamon and such, but all the same she seems pretty persistent on going through it in order and not skipping. She doesn't like to skip around, she said.

Something tells me she's not super into it and getting through the first 9 eps may take a while lol. I'm not gonna push it but man, I wish more of my friends would actually give it a watch.

It still makes me laugh that the biggest wrestling fan on my friends list said he didn't like the first episode for how it makes Dio seem like such a villain.

Yeah I'd even say maybe give it 5 episodes to see Hamon and such, but all the same she seems pretty persistent on going through it in order and not skipping. She doesn't like to skip around, she said.

Something tells me she's not super into it and getting through the first 9 eps may take a while lol. I'm not gonna push it but man, I wish more of my friends would actually give it a watch.

It still makes me laugh that the biggest wrestling fan on my friends list said he didn't like the first episode for how it makes Dio seem like such a villain.
Dio is like the best dressed over the top cartoon villain I could think of. Only thing missing is the goatee...which I'm surprised there's no fan art of. I guess facial hair is probably a Diesel thing.

Yeah, just push through the first 9 episodes.

I mean episodes 4-9 are super fun to me still. It's like the typical shounen battle anime where you meet the sensei, the cohorts and then they all go after the villain.

Then you get to battle tendency and things get... bizarre.

But yeah, as much as I like Crunchyroll and chill I ain't gonna be pushy about it.

Dio is like the best dressed over the top cartoon villain I could think of. Only thing missing is the goatee...which I'm surprised there's no fan art of. I guess facial hair is probably a Diesel thing.

It's like he doesn't notice a heel when he sees one.

Lol, the American knockoff would have facial hair.

This always gets me:

8af.png

DiU 30

W0sfLEd.jpg

Wish this was translated

Good episode. A lot of off model stuff but it didn't detract much from the episode for me. DP did a really good job of making a cat-like plant...however you quantify that.

I think the way to go for DiU might just be the Blu-Rays. If it elevates the last 13 episodes to the level of the first 26, its an easy 10/10 for me.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad that the explanation page for Stray Cat was included in the episode, even if it wasn't fully translated. It's so weird. I was expecting Stray Cat to have a voice, like Iggy had during the Pet Shop fight, but I'm okay with the narrator meowing.

Also, jojo still has the best out of context dialogue

Good episode, despite some obvious corner cutting (this episode had six directors). Great character animation on Stray Cat.

I always liked that bit where Kira worries about Shinobu's health but convinces himself otherwise.

Also...

KILLER QUEEN AND STRAY CAT NYAN

TheSun

Haha, still love seeing the misadventures of Kira.
Stray cat was always that weird thing when I heard it out of context. Episode delivered anyways.

cntr

Banned
Kira falling in love with Shinobu is one of my favorite twists in Jojo

It makes sense, but it's so bizarre and unexpected

Defuser

Strangely enough I rather watch more of the daily life of Kira Kosaku Kawajiri and his dere dere wife Shinobu than Josuke since he got his MC status degraded by other people like Koichi and Rohan who has a bigger grudge against Kira.

Betty

Banned
That's one of the most bizarre things i've seen in anything let alone JoJo.

Why are Kira episodes so hype? There's never a dull moment with this guy.

I also kinda hate Hayato, his escape from that plant was BS.

Soriku

Strangely enough I rather watch more of the daily life of Kira Kosaku Kawajiri and his dere dere wife Shinobu than Josuke since he got his MC status degraded by other people like Koichi and Rohan who has a bigger grudge against Kira.

Kira also seems to be afraid of Jotaro more than anyone now.

He used to just mention Josuke and Okuyasu, but after getting a beatdown from Jotaro, it's about him now lol.

cntr

Banned
The next two arcs take place on the same day, so they're combing them together.

also go to the manga thread to discuss details

Breads

Banned
Dread vampire Araki showing his bullshit creativity chops in this episode.

Also damn. Somehow they managed to make the hair crags look even worse.

This one is just straight up floating in the air.

G6SY8T6.png

Neoxon

I was actually listening to Stray Cat Strut before I saw the episode.
I knew what was coming, I was just hyped.

Sou Da

That's one of the most bizarre things i've seen in anything let alone JoJo.

Why are Kira episodes so hype? There's never a dull moment with this guy.

I also kinda hate Hayato, his escape from that plant was BS.

I'm pretty sure that kid wants to fuck his mom and them getting along for once is what drives him crazy.

Breads

Banned
I like Kosaku's hair. Totally fine with the animation this episode. too.

I'm not criticizing the quality of the art or even the episode. I think this episode is great actually. I'm just criticizing the design of the hair with these trans dimensional freefloating crystals that rotate out of existence as you're looking directly at them when his head is turning.

JayEH

I'm pretty sure that kid wants to fuck his mom and them getting along for once is what drives him crazy.

ehhhhh ehhhhhhh ehhhhhhhh

I'm going to disagree with that one.

he shows no interest in his mom in that way. he's just weird to the extreme because he's in a broken household is all.

Top Bottom