• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

these damn animal/plant stands are too competent, dem instincts

I still love how Kira(and the previous stand users) is mostly concerned about Jotaro, that's the big boss of the group.

nachum00

I still remember when the Jojo anime was announced and the premier date was my birthday. I was like "OH MY GOD!"

I'm so happy people finally get to experience one of the best Jojo arcs. And I'm pumped to see the rest finally animated, especially part 7(it's so good)

Demoli

So Iggy vs Petshop vs Ratt vs Plantcat. Who wins?

It's def between iggy and petshop, they were both powerful well beyond most p4 stands.

Iggy can pretty much have a surprise attack anytime due to digging, and have effective defence as well as mobility.

Pet Shop flies and what not, and has long range.

Other dont compare

JayEH

...Are you saying there are more than 4 parts?

rmWhdiU.gif

I hope a mod cleans up this thread someday.

lmao

Breads

Banned
Man... petshop was such a ridiculously cool character. Hard to beat an incredibly sinister falcon with mecha ridley hurling ice super missles and casting blizaga as a stand. I say the loss was more at the hand of it's own ego than it was Iggy's doing.

It's probably been mentioned before, but Kosaku was actually close to living Kira's perfect life (minus the murders). Yeah, he was in a loveless marriage of circumstance and was hard up for money because of supporting a family, but he was a boring guy with a boring job and no hobbies and no stand out traits, just like Kira always tried to present himself. The way Shinobu describes getting involved with him (he was dull but attractive and had a career) is pretty close to how to the conversation Kira's coworkers have about him, where the women think he's cute but the man warns them that Kira is (seemingly) dull as dishwater.

So if Kira didn't just want girls for their hands he might have ended up in a similar situation? That makes sense I guess.

I guess Kira's appeal comes from the fact that he is actually mysterious in the sense that he's got the whole mudering aspect to keep hidden.

Man... petshop was such a ridiculously cool character. Hard to beat an incredibly sinister falcon with mecha ridley hurling ice super missles and casting blizaga as a stand. I say the loss was more at the hand of it's own ego than it was Iggy's doing.
I love this description for Pet Shop lol.

StoneFox

Last week I figured the cat was a stand user.

Though all my guesses on what its stand was were not even close lol. Thank god Jojo is an anime/manga, cuz that plant would be nightmare fuel in live action. :p

Last week I figured the cat was a stand user.

Though all my guesses on what its stand was were not even close lol. Thank god Jojo is an anime/manga, cuz that plant would be nightmare fuel in live action. :p
Funny enough the manga thread told me the cat wasn't a stand user...it technically wasn't...at least not in the form of a fucking cat, but it was a cat in mindset.

is kira trying to tame the cat/plant creature like a pokemon? did dio do something similar to get photoshop?
"Enyaba, look at that falcon pose, I Dio, must have it."
"But DIO-sama we're not even sure if it has stand potential."
"Look at dat majestic beast, it's ego is only eclipsed by mine, of course it has stand potential!"

Breads

Banned
Funny enough the manga thread told me the cat wasn't a stand user...it technically wasn't...at least not in the form of a fucking cat, but it was a cat in mindset.

There is a pretty interesting technicality going on here that I will explain later if I remember. I'm not entirely sure if it's a spoiler but this is where Araki starts to test the limits of what stands actually are, what they do for the user, and what their powers are supposed to even be.

There is a pretty interesting technicality going on here that I will explain later if I remember. I'm not entirely sure if it's a spoiler but this is where Araki starts to test the limits of what stands actually are, what they do for the user, and what their powers are supposed to even be.
Oh god. I have an odd feeling the craziness of whatever explanation you give me with be expanded on and be even more batshit in part 6.

Stray Cat has a lot of crazy shit going on, Stand-wise. The plant isn't a Stand because Shinobu and Hayato can see it, so that must mean the cat's Stand causes rebirth (as a plant) as well as air control. So theoretically, the Stand required its user to die before manifesting its power.

Stray Cat has a lot of crazy shit going on, Stand-wise. The plant isn't a Stand because Shinobu and Hayato can see it, so that must mean the cat's Stand causes rebirth (as a plant) as well as air control. So theoretically, the Stand required its user to die before manifesting its power.
Lol...thank god I didn't put up my theory that if the stand user gets killed he gets his consciousness transferred into his stand.

Fandangox

Stray Cat has a lot of crazy shit going on, Stand-wise. The plant isn't a Stand because Shinobu and Hayato can see it

That doesn't exactly need to be the case, there's been a few stands that were visible in some form to people without stands due to being connected to physical objects, like Forever's Strength boat, ZZ's Wheel of Fortune, and Hazamada's Surface.

That doesn't exactly need to be the case, there's been a few stands that were visible in some form to people without stands due to being connected to physical objects, like Forever's Strength boat, ZZ's Wheel of Fortune, and Hazamada's Surface.

This is pretty different than that, though. They show that it's a cat stuck in a plant body, and the plant isn't just a normal plant either, it has eyes, etc. It's not like Stand possession/binding.

cntr

Banned
Uncomplicated powers like "control air" are really OP, and animals with simple mindsets and goals compared to humans tend to have stands like that

The fluffy cat with boundary issues turned into a plant-type pokemon. I love JoJo.

The narrator saying "meow" and "mrrow" is a treasure. That guy deserves a pay raise.

Favorite scene:
5PVpuFq.gif

silva1991

I haven't been overwhelmed by TV series/anime in a long time(last time was 2013 for me I think)

Jojo, Walking Dead, Supernatural and Westworld every week :D

Time to watch episode 30.

Crazy ass ability.
The gif above this post had me initially read this post as crazy ass stability, goddammit Shinobu buttocks.

Why did Kira reveal his evil plans out loud in the attic SMH. So out of character.

It was pretty dumb, "I'D TOTALLY HAVE TO KILL THE KID, YEP!"
Shocking twist: the kid was still there!

What part of "controlling air" makes you turn into a plant post mortem though?

Photosynthesis via bizarre jojo logic?...nah even that doesn't pan out.

Genryu

Banned
What part of "controlling air" makes you turn into a plant post mortem though?

I mean, it's obvious isn't it? Right?

idon'tknow

Edit:
Why did Kira reveal his evil plans out loud in the attic SMH. So out of character.

This wouldn't really be the first time Kira did something real dumb, remember he was fondling a hand IN PUBLIC and Reroing sauce off of its fingers.

He probably just forgot to internal monologue and accidentally said it out loud.

Blues1990

*winces*
From skin peeling to detached toenails, Araki has a knack for unsettling violence that sticks with you.

When reading the manga and it got that part, I honestly gagged. The pain of having a toe injured, especially in such a graphic way, is a lot more relatable than losing limbs and entire sections of organs, which is thankfully an unrepeatable experience for most.

Top Bottom