• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
since it's officially revealed

5bBxvgZ.png

SUPER RETARD 31

Huh, they're doing the Superfly, Cheap Trick and Enigma fight plus My Dad Is Not My Dad at the same time. Not all combined into one fight mind you, but happening simultaneously, thus the name of the episodes being Thursday and not the name of the fight. That's an interesting way to cut down on time between these final stand encounters that are independent of each other without character overlap and the last boss.

PK Gaming

They took 3 fights that were "interesting" but ultimately "out of the way" fights and melded them together, increasing the tension considerably. Gotta say, I wasn't the biggest fan of the Superfly fight, but the anime made it so much better.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was going to be a complete mess after hearing that it was cramming all of those arcs together into one, but the episode was actually handled pretty well.

JayEH

Wow it's really interesting how they're combining multiple arcs here. Wasn't expecting that. Tower stand was always one of my favorites from this part. Party because of how absurd it is but I like how the user learned to live within the constrains of the tower and that this is a stand that actually works against the user.

Soriku

All that bouncing back and forth reminded me off Baccano! or Durarara!!

Yeah or a movie like Pulp Fiction or something with different character arcs. Interesting.

It bothers me that all these new Stand users are automatically aligned with Kira though. They don't even know the guy.

Yeah or a movie like Pulp Fiction or something with different character arcs. Interesting.

It bothers me that all these new Stand users are automatically aligned with Kira though. They don't even know the guy.

Are they?

RPS Kid i dunno
Yuuya just wanted to be healed.

Well RPS kid is just being an annoying kid, Yuya was just feeding, and the Superfly guy just REALLY wants out so they're not necessarily aligned with Kira.

Style

Banned
Remember at the very beginning of episode 1 when they are driving next to a telephone tower and the radio goes out?

2t85eSO.png

0lCayJy.png

Foreshadowing

Back in the episode where Kira gets his face change, you can see Mikitaka, Yuya and one of the mystery guys from this episode. Kanedaichi too busy in his tower to come down for cameo

76Q1bdy.jpg

Style

Banned
i just realized there's no corn field or river near by so it can't be the same tower.

There's no corn field next to the tower in the manga either. They probably didn't know they were going to add that yet. The creek is right there in the bottom picture. If it's not a foreshadowing it'd be an odd thing to add since it isn't in the manga (DIU just starts with Jotaro in Morioh).

I'm sure someone will correct me because there's a lot of JoJo in my head and it gets jumbled sometimes, but I think that Super Fly is the Stand that introduces independent Stands to the series. It's an interesting concept that gets used quite a few times going forward. It's more like a curse than a superpower, especially when he tries to "pass it on" to someone else.

Top Bottom