• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Why are these random stand users allied with Kira and Gentlemen Take Polaroids? Do they get anything out of it? And has Curtis Mayfield had Superfly for three years, or did he get it recently? Is it ever explained? Normally asking this would be too soon as it might get answered in the next episode, but this is JoJo.

I don't think the sales pitches would be that hard.

"Hey kid you wanna play an exciting game with that guy over there? I bet you can't beat him" (Assuming he even talked to RPS Kid).

"Hello crippled person, would you like to find a way to get un-crippled?"

"Hello person trapped by your stand, I know the perfect guys you can trick to free yourself."

Tall4Life

I think the arrow has a natural inclination towards chaos/evil, so it lusts for people who it thinks will do some bad shit. No idea how that's supposed to work but fuck it, its JoJo, a motherfucking pylon was a stand this week.

I think the arrow has a natural inclination towards chaos/evil, so it lusts for people who it thinks will do some bad shit. No idea how that's supposed to work but fuck it, its JoJo, a motherfucking pylon was a stand this week.

Nah, it's just that assholes tend to have Stand potential. Not good or evil, but most Stand users are in some way jerks, even the good guys.

dani_dc

"Hey kid you wanna play an exciting game with that guy over there? I bet you can't beat him" (Assuming he even talked to RPS Kid).

"Hello person trapped by your stand, I know the perfect guys you can trick to free yourself."

Highway star user didn't even know who Josuke and Rohan were, Rohan just went out of his way to fall on Highway star trap.

Nah, it's just that assholes tend to have Stand potential. Not good or evil, but most Stand users are in some way jerks, even the good guys.
So Jonathan was too much of a gentleman to get a stand until Dio took over his body? Is it safe to assume Dio did some filthy acts at an affordable rate with Jonathan's body?

caliph95

It seems more and more obvious okuyaso doesn't deserve the Hand. it seems like alot issues would be solved by wiping stuff out existence.

tumblr_ofsdu5zvu61qjqehno1_500.gif

It was well demonstrated in front of both of them that the feedback return damage can easily be aimed. Angle the Hand's attack, move in the in opposite direction and see if it works.

Araki created the ultimate cage match. Loser lives the rest of his life in the cage.

Mista Koo

I like the format of this arc, however I don't think the Koichi parts in this episode work since they were too short and the second one was too vague.
Can't wait for Rohan to meet the creepy kid.

Thud

Wooow, as a manga reader, I'm honestly shocked at how much packing three arcs into a single "assault" arc works. This makes the final build up feel so much more tense and dynamic than any other Jojo parts, in spite of it heavily relying on "they met by fate". In the manga, it was still sort of stand of week, and I could probably see some people getting tired of that had DP decided to stick with that. Amazing storyboarding and directing on DP's part.

Also, I was kinda hoping they would "fix" Toyohiro's origin. If he's already been a hermit for 3 years, then it makes no fucking sense why he would want to escape from there. It would have been so much better if Toyohiro was shot by Yoshihiro back when he was experimenting with the arrow (around the time Kira got Killer Queen), and basically left for dead up on Superfly all this time. This would justify why he's desperate to accept Yoshihiro's opportunity to trap one of Josuke's crew.

Actually it's four arcs. Hayato's arc is a bit shorter tho. They'll probably spread that one out over multiple episodes. I agree that everything happening all at once feels more tense. I expect them to finish superfly next week and focus a lot of time on one of the other assaults. Sprinkled with some scenes from the other two arcs.

Sesha

I'm thinking specifically about Superfly and the other 2-3 in this episode. I understand if the Dover Boys just stumble upon stand users that Photodementia has created at random, but when Pictures Inside Me actively allies himself with them and tasks them specifically to kill the them to protect Kira, then I want a better reason for it.

caliph95

I'm thinking specifically about Superfly and the other 2-3 in this episode. I understand if the Dover Boys just stumble upon stand users that Photodementia has created at random, but when Pictures Inside Me actively allies himself with them and tasks them specifically to kill the them to protect Kira, then I want a better reason for it.
Even though we haven't seen the other guys i don't think super fly guy cares and he just want to escape his stand.

The Stand is named Superfly and CR actually kept the name? Fascinating.
And Superfly is a terrible Stand. Like, WOW. Talk about losing badly in the Stand lottery.

I didn't think we'd get an episode that would top Highway Star so soon, but damn, this was great. I didn't know these incidents were originally separate arcs that happened at different times. Right now, I'll say it feels more "natural" this way.

Mikitaka returning is a fun treat since we get to see him go up against an antagonist this time around.

turmoil

Banned
It's sad that the duwang master failed his English course after translating all part 4.

Does he have some online presence nowadays?

woopWOOP

Might've been the translation, but when reading this part I thought it was the transmission tower that somehow had a stand on its own and the guy living inside was just some local survivalist caught up in it all.

I guess piercing objects with the arrows and giving them stands wouldn't really make sense, but on the other hand this is JoJo so...

Also I didn't expect the constant time/scene change. I kinda like it

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
On the one hand Breakdown isn't a very Jojo opening, on the other hand it fits Josuke so damn well. Its a great song, and the animation is the best of any of the openings yet.

I'm super conflicted. Its so good, but the song just isn't Jojo.

On the one hand Breakdown isn't a very Jojo opening, on the other hand it fits Josuke so damn well. Its a great song, and the animation is the best of any of the openings yet.

I'm super conflicted. Its so good, but the song just isn't Jojo.
What? A jazzy choir song isn't a very Jojo opening? After we've had equally as upbeat songs like Bloody Stream and CNBT ? And after we've had grungy duds that could've easily been featured in other action animes such as Stand Proud and Chase (which I both still like btw)? Naaaah

munchie64

A Jojo's opening can mean a lot of things. Neither of the Stardust Crusaders openings would fit DiU AT ALL imo, but they worked amazingly there.

Great Days works just fine for me.

What? A jazzy choir song isn't a very Jojo opening? After we've had equally as upbeat songs like Bloody Stream and CNBT ? And after we've had grungy duds that could've easily been featured in other action animes such as Stand Proud and Chase (which I both still like btw)? Naaaah
Stand Proud>>>>>>>great days>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>≥>>CNBT

Breads

Banned
Why are these random stand users allied with Kira and Gentlemen Take Polaroids? Do they get anything out of it? And has Curtis Mayfield had Superfly for three years, or did he get it recently? Is it ever explained? Normally asking this would be too soon as it might get answered in the next episode, but this is JoJo.

Stand users are drawn to each other.

Don't think about it beyond that.

FluxWaveZ

I dunno, Ghost Dad created a stand user out of a cat who actually tried to kill his son. It doesn't seem like a Dio-like devotion from them thus far.

Top Bottom