• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

I'm sure someone will correct me because there's a lot of JoJo in my head and it gets jumbled sometimes, but I think that Super Fly is the Stand that introduces independent Stands to the series. It's an interesting concept that gets used quite a few times going forward. It's more like a curse than a superpower, especially when he tries to "pass it on" to someone else.

First non sentient one, Anubis takes the the first independent stand crown.

Superfly_poster.jpg

So this is a stand that not even the wielder of the stand has any control of? Shit.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This week's episode was amazing man. I love how they're combining all these manga chapters into one episode. Loved it so much.

Betty

Banned
Jam packed episode, seems from the readers it was a good idea to combine these arcs? Keeps things pretty interesting anyway.

The actual Superfly Stand seems like the absolute worst Stand in the series so far, it has zero benefits for the user.

Jam packed episode, seems from the readers it was a good idea to combine these arcs?
I'm waiting to see how it all plays out before I make that judgement. But the idea of an all out assault in a Baccano-style narrative is pretty interesting so far.
The episode is out? What happened with it being delayed to sports or whatevre

Apparently it was only in certain regions of Japan, not nationwide.

Why didn't Okuyasu try to use The Hand on the pylon, sounds like it'd be a good loophole, damn it he's too much of a dumbass for that stand.

So the manga had all these events separate? I really like how it is in the anime, makes it feel really important and dynamic.

turmoil

Banned
Fucking awesome episode.

What kind of personality you must have to develop something like Superfly?

Being a complete shut-in, a exhibitionist, stockholm syndrome?

Wooow, as a manga reader, I'm honestly shocked at how much packing three arcs into a single "assault" arc works. This makes the final build up feel so much more tense and dynamic than any other Jojo parts, in spite of it heavily relying on "they met by fate". In the manga, it was still sort of stand of week, and I could probably see some people getting tired of that had DP decided to stick with that. Amazing storyboarding and directing on DP's part.

Also, I was kinda hoping they would "fix" Toyohiro's origin. If he's already been a hermit for 3 years, then it makes no fucking sense why he would want to escape from there. It would have been so much better if Toyohiro was shot by Yoshihiro back when he was experimenting with the arrow (around the time Kira got Killer Queen), and basically left for dead up on Superfly all this time. This would justify why he's desperate to accept Yoshihiro's opportunity to trap one of Josuke's crew.

Wooow, as a manga reader I'm honestly shocked at how much packing three arcs into a single "assault" arc works. This makes the final build up feel so much more tense and dynamic than any other Jojo parts, in spite of it heavily relying on "they met by fate". Also, I was kinda hoping they would "fix" Toyohiro's origin. If he's already been a hermit for 3 years, then it makes no fucking sense why he would want to escape from there. It would have been so much better if Toyohiro was shot by Yoshihiro back when he was experimenting with the arrow (around the time Kira got Killer Queen), and basically left for dead up on Superfly all this time. This would justify why he's desperate to accept Yoshihiro's opportunity to trap one of Josuke's crew.

I think he was willingly staying there for years, but after he got Superfly, he suddenly didn't have the option to leave and thus wanted to leave. Basically the reverse of how he got Josuke inside the pylon.

Andrew J.

Wooow, as a manga reader, I'm honestly shocked at how much packing three arcs into a single "assault" arc works. This makes the final build up feel so much more tense and dynamic than any other Jojo parts, in spite of it heavily relying on "they met by fate". In the manga, it was still sort of stand of week, and I could probably see some people getting tired of that had DP decided to stick with that. Amazing storyboarding and directing on DP's part.

Also, I was kinda hoping they would "fix" Toyohiro's origin. If he's already been a hermit for 3 years, then it makes no fucking sense why he would want to escape from there. It would have been so much better if Toyohiro was shot by Yoshihiro back when he was experimenting with the arrow (around the time Kira got Killer Queen), and basically left for dead up on Superfly all this time. This would justify why he's desperate to accept Yoshihiro's opportunity to trap one of Josuke's crew.

I always thought he was just lying about that stuff.

I really love Mikitaka in these episodes. He's trying so hard to be friends/not useless.

Also, I know Okuyasu is dumb as hell, but he needs to remember ZA HANDO exists for stuff other than punching.

Sesha

Why are these random stand users allied with Kira and Gentlemen Take Polaroids? Do they get anything out of it? And has Curtis Mayfield had Superfly for three years, or did he get it recently? Is it ever explained? Normally asking this would be too soon as it might get answered in the next episode, but this is JoJo.

Why are these random stand users allied with Kira and Gentlemen Take Polaroids? Do they get anything out of it? Is it ever explained (normally this would be a hasty thing to ask but this is JoJo).

I assume they are just there to be a distraction. Whether or not they are allied with Photoman isn't really the point, if a Stand user appears the group has to take care of it.

Top Bottom