• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

What's this guy gonna do in Moriah? Drop his fucking boat on someone's head?

His actual ability is to basically empower an object and then be able to control its aspects. The giant oil tanker he had was just a yacht he buffed up. In Morioh he could get some type of abandoned building and turn it into a skyscraper that he could control the insides of, probably.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
My god, that is a derpy looking cat, I fucking adore it, I might have to take a screenshot, crop it and change my avatar.

Mista Koo

Stray Cat was awesome!

BTW, did any of you guys notice that Kira is no longer sitting in the bench in the ending?
Wait he was sitting in the bench before.

...Are you saying there are more than 4 parts?

rmWhdiU.gif

I hope a mod cleans up this thread someday.
Haha very funny. People were posting legit spoilers over and over.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Oh god it's been too long since I used photo editing software, but I pulled it off, kinda sloppy but whatever.

Edit: The air bubble inside the vein was way more gross than a ripped off toenail would ever be.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Cats rule tho, it was just defending itself with op powers. Also it only turned into a mega-asshole after it fused with the plant. Plants confirmed for dicks.

In the manga, Stray Cat monologued a bit over how he couldn't shine his coat and tail or run and jump and play ever again because of what Shinobu did, so you can see where his anger comes from.

cntr

Banned
starting around now, Araki divides stand abilities into "how it's activated" and "what it does", and they're often unrelated

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Why did Kira reveal his evil plans out loud in the attic SMH. So out of character.
This has been a rather consistent weakness of Kira's in this show. He couldn't help but gloat over Shigechi, which allowed Shigechi to escape briefly. He couldn't help but gloat over Koichi, which allowed Koichi to find his identify and Jotaro to recover. And he couldn't help but gloat over Jotaro, which allowed Jotaro to trick him into Star Platinum's range. The dude can't help but give the villainous monologues.

Which I'm sure went fine for him when he lived alone and wasn't fighting other stand users. Now it's just a terrible habit.

What part of "controlling air" makes you turn into a plant post mortem though?
I imagine Stray Cat is actually a stand that turns you into a plant and the air control is just a byproduct of photosynthesis (in Jojo logic). Kinda like how Highway Star is a trapping and tracking stand that gave its user super smell as a side effect or how Hermit Purple's spirit photography vines can be repurposed to swing and grab stuff.

Yeah photosynthesis plays a big part in his abilities

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/183/106/e6e.png[img][/QUOTE]
I bet that worm in the soil has a stand, those eyeballs are a dead giveaway.

[quote="Captain Rage Quit 69, post: 221111976"]Don't be kinkshaming Kira guys, I'm sure there are a lot of dudes who get turned on whenever Speedwagon is narrating everything for example[/QUOTE]

Who can resist the sensual call of [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w9LYL0sMx4"]SpeeeedwaGONnnn[/URL]?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
holy shit i didnt know that, time to google-fu, i never read manga cause im not into the black and white stuff but if jojo is in color im very interested D:

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The colored version of DIU is very, VERY good. I can't go back to black and white because whichever studio was in charge of coloring did such an amazing job with the whole thing. It adds so much life to it IMO.

Breads

Banned
holy shit i didnt know that, time to google-fu, i never read manga cause im not into the black and white stuff but if jojo is in color im very interested D:

I've been rereading them for the updated translation alone, which in of itself is a yuge improvement, but the color work really does help change the mood and context of some scenes.

I'm so jealous of people who got to work on it. I want to be an assistant to araki-senpai some day.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
This has been a rather consistent weakness of Kira's in this show. He couldn't help but gloat over Shigechi, which allowed Shigechi to escape briefly. He couldn't help but gloat over Koichi, which allowed Koichi to find his identify and Jotaro to recover. And he couldn't help but gloat over Jotaro, which allowed Jotaro to trick him into Star Platinum's range. The dude can't help but give the villainous monologues.

Which I'm sure went fine for him when he lived alone and wasn't fighting other stand users. Now it's just a terrible habit.

I imagine Stray Cat is actually a stand that turns you into a plant and the air control is just a byproduct of photosynthesis (in Jojo logic). Kinda like how Highway Star is a trapping and tracking stand that gave its user super smell as a side effect or how Hermit Purple's spirit photography vines can be repurposed to swing and grab stuff.

With Hermit Purple, I think it's more likely to be the reverse, spirit photography seems like a secondary function. Wasn't the idea behind it that it would synergize well with Joseph's hamon?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Stardust Crusaders in color is gorgeous.
I'm mixed for that one. Some parts look really good, but other parts I prefer black and white. For instance, the coloring in all of Dio's world looks fantastic, but I still prefer how it all looks in black and white.

Stray Cat is one of the cutest things ever.

I'm mixed for that one. Some parts look really good, but other parts I prefer black and white. For instance, the coloring in all of Dio's world looks fantastic, but I still prefer how it all looks in black and white.
I read a lot of Stone Ocean in color, but generally, I think I prefer b&w.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I haven't read the whole thread, but I was listening to the full version of the Jojo OP, and something seemed off to me. Listening to the OP cut of the song again, it struck me: at the end, when "great days" is actually said, is the background chorus actually saying "breakdown?" Am I hearing things?

I'm not sure what Kira's long term plan for Stray Cat. It just seems like a massive liability. I would straight up explode the fool.

maybe he figured "shit I could use this crazy plant cat thing" and decided to keep it

I mean if DIO gets a bird it's only fair right

Edit: I'd like to clarify that despite being a manga reader the thoughts I post in this thread are typically what I get from my little brother who watches the anime and does not read the manga, thus I do not spoil anything.

>.>

Top Bottom