• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Pompadour

Why are these random stand users allied with Kira and Gentlemen Take Polaroids? Do they get anything out of it? And has Curtis Mayfield had Superfly for three years, or did he get it recently? Is it ever explained? Normally asking this would be too soon as it might get answered in the next episode, but this is JoJo.

It's answered, yes, but the answer is essentially the same reason for most of the stand users in Part 3: money. And I think the Superfly guy just had the stand prior to the start of Part 4, was trapped in the tower for years, and then Kira's Dad just hired him.

It's answered, yes, but the answer is essentially the same reason for most of the stand users in Part 3: money. And I think the Superfly guy just had the stand prior to the start of Part 4, was trapped in the tower for years, and then Kira's Dad just hired him.

I don't think that's ever made clear, plus it would be kind of weird considering Kira's dad is just a ghost in a picture.

RPS Kid, Highway Star, and now Superfly have all had their reasons to attack the cast.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
RPS kid and Highway Star are more or less the whole "Stand Users attract each other" thing. They weren't told to specifically go after Josuke's gang. RPS kids just randomly decided to challenge Rohan to RPS, Rohan reading his memories confirms it since there is no mention of Kira's Dad. Highway Star would attack anyone who came into his trap, but Rohan was the only took notice to it.

Super Fly is the first one that Kira's Dad tries to actively recruited. They will likely give the reason next episode, but its not some super far fetched thing.
Ghost Dad promises the dude, that he will set him up for life

Episode 31

I didn't get to watch this episode until now due to being away from my computer for the weekend, and man, I regret not watching this ep sooner. It was absolutely fantastic. It felt like a return to the quality we had pre-RPS Kid. There were cool transitions, wonderful use of colour, interesting storyboarding, and the fights were just clever and fun. I really like how they're combining the fights in a really cool way, that fits the medium perfectly.

I really liked it.

Anybody else think DP hit this one out of the park?

Yeah, there's like 8 episodes left and I bet the ending won't even be in all of them. Are people being forced to watch it? I just turn it off when it starts up because DiU doesn't have aftercredits scenes.

Pompadour

I don't think that's ever made clear, plus it would be kind of weird considering Kira's dad is just a ghost in a picture.

RPS Kid, Highway Star, and now Superfly have all had their reasons to attack the cast.

If I recall correctly,
Superfly's user says something to the effect of "the man in the picture was going to make me set for life!"
which doesn't really explain much. I do think that 90% of the users he created he probably didn't speak to and they just started fucking shit up for the good guys by coincidence.

And the plot reason why
Superfly even mentions he's working for Kira's Dad is because he has info on Koichi being attacked which is necessary information to have Josuke enlist REDACTED for the next fight.

cntr

Banned
that's slightly too much to spoil, even behind a bar

Superfly's user decided didn't want to spend his entire life in the tower, so he accepted Yoshihiro's deal. Not that complicated or weird.

This part has been kind of a drag. Whenever Koichi isnt on screen or a big part of the plot I find myself tempted to just skim through the episodes. Most of the cast isnt even likeable. I hope the next part has more likeables, like Ceasar or Kakyoin or even Koichi-esque characters. Still this has been better than pt 1.

This part has been kind of a drag. Whenever Koichi isnt on screen or a big part of the plot I find myself tempted to just skim through the episodes. Most of the cast isnt even likeable. I hope the next part has more likeables, like Ceasar or Kakyoin or even Koichi-esque characters. Still this has been better than pt 1.
How dare you sit there and not type about the swag of Yoshikage Kira.
I imagine after part 3's success, he probably got a lot more freedom in his writing.
"But Araki-san, this shit makes no sense."
"Who cares it prints money and people read it."

Tizoc

Rohan isnt your kind of friend?
Just bear eith it once we get to part 5 anime it will be everything u desired for and more

Pompadour

Rohan isnt your kind of friend?
Just bear eith it once we get to part 5 anime it will be everything u desired for and more

Well, I'm not sure if he'll like Part 5 if the type of character he likes is Koichi. Everyone in Part 5 is either a sociopath or an asshole.

Edit: I guess there's some Kakyoin types, though.

Honestly I have a hard time comprehending whether DTL is even a real person or a fictional character sometimes.

Also part 5 is great, just because everyone is an asshole doesn't mean they aren't likable!

Honestly I have a hard time comprehending whether DTL is even a real person or a fictional character sometimes.

Also part 5 is great, just because everyone is an asshole doesn't mean they aren't likable!
DTL is the work of an enemy stand, you know it, I know it, we all know it.
8af.png

NandoGip

Very excited to start watching this. I'm just finishing up a run through DB Kai/GT and then I'm going to start this. Looks soooo awesome.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Dedication Through Light is a real person who posts his opinions on this forum. However, his stand [D T L] has the ability to distract anyone in the vicinity from the conversation at hand, thus allowing him to slink away undetected. His stand has an A rank in power and developmental potential but is hindered by low ranks for speed and accuracy.

Dedication Through Light is a real person who posts his opinions on this forum. However, his stand [D T L] has the ability to distract anyone in the vicinity from the conversation at hand, thus allowing him to slink away undetected. His stand has an A rank in power and developmental potential but is hindered by low ranks for speed and accuracy.
Don't forget its sub ability to animate random Yaoi parings.

Astral

Back in the part 3 thread someone mentioned his Stand name was My Chemical Romance lol.

Starting from the very beginning. I've never watched this show, just little clips randomly here and there

Aww yeah.

Part 1 is a little rough but it goes by fast.

Part 2 is fun, Part 3 is nuts, and Part 4 is a little dialed back from Part 3 but fun in it's own right.

If I had a stand, it would be named CHANCE.

As long as we're on Kars for some reason, I've got to ask, why would the ultimate life form, the pinnacle of all evolution, have dubstep for its main theme?

Top Bottom